PDA

View Full Version : Pet Food/Supply Drive!!!!

CJfilms
07-22-2009, 04:03 PM
Exploring into NEETS history....does anyone remember when NEETS had a pet food drive at one of the enduros?

Well, you don't have to remember...you get to relive it!

Starting August 29th, Saturday night, NEETS will begin the 2-day long Pet Food/Supply Drive at Grandview Speedway! We will continue to collect food/supplies at the NEETS enduro on Sunday.

All donations made on Saturday night will be received by NEETS Officials at the Grandstand Entrance. We will be accepting a number of goods that I will list below. Food and supplies will be donated to the Montgomery County SPCA, located only 8 miles from Grandview Speedway!!!

We are expecting a big turnout already with a few local pet supply stores already interested in donating to the drive! If you would like to get a local pet food/supply store involved, feel free to contact me for further details...Joe @ 267-767-4923.

Items you can donate:
Any unopened pet food - bag, can, dry or wet. (No minimum or maximum sizes!!!)
Pet supplies - cleaners, shampoo, leashes, collars, TOYS!!!

Other ideas...The Montgomery County SPCA is run soley off of contributions, they are not governmentally funded, thus anything that you would like to donate will help!

We need your help to make this a success for both the kittens and the pups! We have a month to plan...and no one needs to spend big bucks to be a part of the drive!

If you have any questions, feel free to ask!

Thanks and stay tuned as more updates will be posted as the event comes closer!

critter
07-22-2009, 11:40 PM
im in i have 4 cats , so im shore i have something here i can give

Tracy57
07-27-2009, 10:44 AM
How about if you get a truck (with a cap on) or an eduro car that won't be running on race day to be on display at GV for the weekend and can call it "Stuff the Truck" or "Stuff the car". I know local food banks do that around here with a bus.

It be pretty cool if we can stuff an enduro car FULL of pet supples and tow it to the SPCA and present to them all the goodies in it- may even be a good news story *hint* *hint* for the local paper or TV station....

Erin C
07-27-2009, 10:48 AM
Speaking of news stories...Joe, remind me to talk to you about WNEP (the local news station in NEPA) and their "racing Thursdays". Could be some good publicity...you can thank mama NEETS for that idea.

EnduroFromDE
07-27-2009, 10:49 AM
Hey critter, wheres that s10 you were talkin about *hint* *hint*:applause:

CJfilms
07-27-2009, 06:22 PM
Tracy, I really like that idea....the only downfall is the amount of dirt that would be in the car after the race on Sunday...we would need another car/truck/van to haul away all that we collect.

Plus, if we stuffed a car on Saturday night and into Sunday, we would have to remove everything before the race.......

It wouldn't hurt bringing a car out to display for the collection though!

Erin.....tell me....

critter
07-27-2009, 08:02 PM
i have the s10 from the first race if that helps any ,im shore i could talk to brian "coach" yelk to let me use the roll back to help out if needed