PDA

View Full Version : Racing Fundraiser

Tracy57
07-24-2009, 10:40 PM
The NTAF Spinal Cord Injury Program is having a fundraiser day at Lehigh Valley Grand Prix in Allentown on August 9, 2009 from 11am to 8pm. They are offering a SPECIAL for everyone who mentions the event or brings in a flyer. I'll have some on Sunday to hand out. If you are a member- 2 races for the price of one OR if you buy a membership, you get a ONE FREE race.

A portion of the proceeds go to NTAF in honor of my brother for uninsured medical expenses and equipment. My brother became a quadruplegic at the age of 6 when a Dr. tried to operate on his spinal cord. Ten years later he got placed on a ventilator for breathing. My father died three years ago from complications in a work accident- leaving only my mom at home to take care of brother. (If you have any further questions about my brother- PLEASE send me a PM rather than posting on the forum..... thanks....)

My brother LOVES racing but its difficult to get him to a race to see us... He is planning on being there so you can all meet him and my mother. :)

I have a basket bingo in February but a lot of guys wanted to help but not at a bingo. Here, you can race (don't have to tow a car) just bring your helmet. It's indoors- 1/4 mile track- and ask anyone who has been there- IT's AWESOME!!! You can go online to http://www.lehighvalleyprix.com

We are also having a bake sale and Tricky Tray Raffle. If you can donate for the bake sale or raffle, let me know. I'm trying to get prizes like Gift Cards for places like Raceway Motors, Summit Racing, Sears, etc.

Like our transponders, these races are timed as well and results printed out after every heat. I will log lap times and then post them on here after the event to see who is the fastest! :)

Erin C
07-27-2009, 10:45 AM
Joe went to Lehigh Valley Grand Prix as part of his bachelor party and had a blast...also MY 3rd oldest brother who doesn't even like racing went with Joe for the bachelor party and is dying to go back...he had so much fun.

Joe and I, unfortunately, cannot make it as my second oldest brother is getting married that weekend but wish you all the best of luck in getting a nice crowd to come and support your efforts!!! I am dying to see the lap times and who wins!!! :)

All the best!

Tracy57
07-27-2009, 10:47 AM
Oh yeah, we'll keep you posted on the lap times from the event.... Speaking of lap times.... have any?

Erin C
07-27-2009, 10:50 AM
I am home with a head injury and Joe is at work...he'll get them up after he gets out and eats some dinner. As for mylaps, we have to wait on Jen for those...she won't have the computer until next week and we will email her to try to get them up as soon as she can.

purpdogrepair
07-27-2009, 11:09 AM
how about we do something at wall to help out tell the fans the NTAF and collect donations ????????

Tracy57
08-07-2009, 08:49 PM
I started baking tonight for Sunday- made cookies and a peanut butter crunch treat.

I have over 20 prizes for the raffle so far including gift cards for Red Lobster, Cracker Barrel, Best Buy, Harbor Freight, Sears, Grocery stores and even Speedway Motors! As for baskets, I have a Lighthouse basket, a huge snack basket, Penn State basket, Mexican Basket and an Italian Basket- more coming.

Donations of baked good and raffle prizes will also be accepted on Sunday at LVGP.

I will have a notebook to log in the best lap times and will post them online after the event. When you are done racing and get your printout- bring it to me so I can record it. I'll be the one wearing a Carmen Racing T-shirt for those of you who don't know me.

Any questions, feel free to PM me or call (610)746-9171

It's going to be a blast! Looking forward to seeing you all on Sunday! :cheers::cheers:

CJfilms
08-09-2009, 08:43 PM
Tracy, please let us know how everything went....

I'm sorry Erin and I could not attend, but her brother's wedding was a tad important....

Tracy57
08-10-2009, 08:52 PM
I would like to thank EVERYONE who came out on Sunday to support the NTAF in raising funds for my brother. Ask anyone who was there they will say they had a blast! As far as I know, there were only 5 NEETS drivers present. So, here are the best lap times (everyone drove 2-3 races and I took the best times). So here they are....

Tracy Berger- Carmen #57 34.045
Al Spotts #07 34.540
Kurt Spotts #07 34.856
Travis Schwenk #90 35.943
Larry Carmen #57 36.986

NJ Chick
08-11-2009, 04:21 PM
Glad everything went well and congrats Tracy, you smoked those boys with your lap time!! WOO HOO!!! :cheers: