PDA

View Full Version : thank you

fred card
07-26-2009, 08:26 AM
I would like to ann young for having your friends from nc for coming and wrecking half the field, maybe the track should think about having kids racing with adults, they race way over their heads, your son wrecked me for no reason other than driving over his head it, will cost me about 2000 dollars to fix car I am done for season, when your mommy and daddy pay the bills, why not wreck to pass, ever hear the apple doesnt fall too far from the tree, thanks to 49 racing well done, just remember what goes around comes around.

rrealto
07-26-2009, 12:39 PM
The guy in the 96 was fast and is a good racer. He can run with the field and get to the front.
The other three cars, including the Long Islander, (not the 49) that came with him should have stayed home or raced only with an under 16 group. They did not have control of their cars and the young guy from out of state had a crap attitude. These kids are in driver development? What are they being tough, how to fix bumpers? All three of them caused something out there.
Kind of crummy to come to a track, insert yourself into a points race and just run into people. Again , maybe if the under 16 group is going to grow they should have their own division.
I'm not sure we should blame Ann Young for their driving. Didn't see what young Chris did or did not do.

ViscontiRacing
07-26-2009, 02:00 PM
Im with you on this Fred, I was wrecked in the heat after I got drilled in the left rear going into turn 1 by one of the NC guys and I backed it hard into the wall. The car is done..bent the clip and the cage in the drivers compartment. Unfortunatly, I was watching the race from the grandstands and those NC guys did a great job of blasting the guys going into the turns, getting them out of shape and running them wide down the straights. Yeah..Im kinda p***ed off right now. :mad:

W. J.
07-26-2009, 02:12 PM
Hmmm, sound like the 'guests' were not a welcome addition. It is true that they didn't play nice, saw more cars wrecked badly in one night than the whole entire season up till now. Two red flags in one race, not a good thing. Glad both Kevin Nowak and J.D Abrahams okay after their wild tumbles down the back stretch. Add to that the destruction of a few others, and it was not pretty to watch, except for the spectacular finish.

jmshh60
07-26-2009, 02:51 PM
There is a reason why INEX has age limits for their divisions. If someone is given the opportunity to race in a division that they don't belong in due to their age, they should go out of their way not to hit other cars on the track, or not be able to race. The NC drivers caused a lot of damage and I was not surprised by the amount of damage because some cars were not handling and going 3 wide in the turns...a recipe for disaster.
Joe Sedotto

rangerfn7
07-26-2009, 04:13 PM
Kids racing with adults means nothing when the young drivers respect the other cars on the track. My son also one of the 15 yr olds out there has been there all season and has driven all others clean, as far as I am concerned. Even though others have not been as respectful to him. He also has the realization that mommy and daddy dont have the endless pocketbook and in order to continue he must take care of the equipment he also knows that if he tears it up HE must put it back together and get the car prepaired for the next week.
It is more then the idea of winning at all costs that makes a good driver and a respected driver. We race to have fun be clean and make friends. It is more about hard work for us then just throwing the wallet at it. He has been behind the wheel for 9 yrs in various types of racing and probably has run more laps then most adults and deserves to be out there just like everyone else. Unfortunatly after last nights events we are probably done for the remainder of the season the car sustained to much damage that was not our fault just caught up in someone elses mess. Thanks to Paul in the 55 for calling this morning to check on how JD was feeling. He is fine just a little sore he complained more about the car being hurt and probably being done for the season then anything else.
Joe Abrahams

ViscontiRacing
07-26-2009, 05:16 PM
I would like to say "Thank You" to the track workers, Mike Capp and the ambulance crew for taking care of me when I crashed. They all were very concerned and made sure that I was ok after the hit. Thanks guys!:applause: John Visconti #74

CRog00
07-26-2009, 09:35 PM
I have to agree with everyone else on this. I heard rumor Mr. Beattie was willing to put up money so the whole field could race. I guess he wanted more targets for his race team as they did enough damage to the cars that were out there. Its a shame that two weeks ago we went green to checker with no problem. This week we have the invaders from the south tear up half the field. When you go down into turn one and drill the guy in front of you for no reason and then stay on him and dump him off of turn 2 causing a four car pile up when the outside lane was wide open to me thats not racing, when this race team is supposed to be made up of so called professionals and a champion. If this is what a professional and championship race team is, then I sure don't want to be like them. Just glad that both Kevin and JD are okay as well as John and Frankie after their incidents. There was no reason for that type of racing and no reason for two cars to flip during that race. We definitely don't need drivers like this at our racetrack. If they show up again I will park my car and I hope everyone else will do the same. I don't have endless pockets to be deliberately run over. We aware that hard racing can cause incidents but that was not the case here. It was just a bunch of people driving way over their heads. Agression doesn't win races, patience does.

JBonsignore
07-26-2009, 09:51 PM
sounds as if the "dirty south" is not very welcome?

However I would not lay blame on all the young guys in the division, I mean "THE NATURAL" did once again put on a awesome show. Johnny Gloor was fast and would be leading the points if it wasn't for a bogus black flag!

So don't include all YOUNG GUYS in your rants, because between the two of them kids they have won i think 5 features in what 15 starts since the legends came back?

W. J.
07-26-2009, 10:51 PM
Bingo, Justin, you hit the nail square on the head. There are good guys and not so good guys, and they shouldn't be lumped in a demographical or age group. Observe, identify and deal with those who are problems, but don't condemn someone just because they could be grouped with that bad apple.

watchinurace
07-26-2009, 11:25 PM
I would like to ann young for having your friends from nc for coming and wrecking half the field, maybe the track should think about having kids racing with adults, they race way over their heads, your son wrecked me for no reason other than driving over his head it, will cost me about 2000 dollars to fix car I am done for season, when your mommy and daddy pay the bills, why not wreck to pass, ever hear the apple doesnt fall too far from the tree, thanks to 49 racing well done, just remember what goes around comes around.

Fred,
Chris has passed you clean every week to date in both the heat races and the features. Sat night he had the position past you coming off 2 and was taking evasive action to avoid a spinnig car in front of him, I do not believe "he wrecked you for no reason other than driving over his head". I think it was just a racing accident which as we all know can happen when we choose to race. Chris has been fast and is respectful. Will he make rookie mistakes no doubt he will. All rookies do even the older ones. And when he does believe me Mommy and Daddy are the hardest on him. Veteran drivers like yourself will need to remain mindful of your competition and their skill levels.
As far as my friends from NC are concerned, I assure you I have/had no control over how they choose to drive. I will say I also thought the 48 was a bit overly aggresive but it didnt look to me like he was ever out of control. On the contrary he could put that (Kyle Beattie prepared) car just about anywhere he wanted to. I do think he should have exercised a bit more patients and respect for his first time here and he might have had a better result other than being black flagged and not making any new friends.
My intentions I assure you were honorable to support both the division and the track. The economy has hit hard at Riverhead Raceway as one can see when we look at the car counts and the empty seats in the stands.
I am not quite sure the NC drivers were the cause of all the wrecks as I was busy watching Chris. I'll have to reserve judgement until I can review the video. I am glad to read Nowak and JD are OK after their flips.
I will relay to the NC drivers how they were perceived on their first visit to Riverhead Raceway. Kyle did say they all liked the track and he is planning a return trip in the future.

rrealto
07-27-2009, 07:25 AM
We were warned ahead of time about the driving style of this particular team of NC drivers before they arrived by some who had previously raced with them yet no one from Riverhead did anything but treat them fairly. Now we know what they are about so next time its clear what to expect. They proved the naysayers correct. The 96 should have been removed from the race for exiting his car and interjecting himself into a dispute between two others.
The 48 and the 46 need some time and to be taught about respecting other peoples equipment. I kind of figured that is what they would be being taught rather than smash to pass and chop to keep position. Maybe not.
Having said that, some of the regulars at Riverhead need to learn that and patience too. It looked like some of the Riverhead regulars had been to the Beattie school.
Cannot blame even half the stuff that went on on the newcomers. Were they 48, 46, 96 and 11 even near the flips ? I don't think so.
As far as the 8 and the 15, I don't think anyone was grouping them with the others. They have proven themselves on the track.
As far as the officials decision and the comment on the bumper the Legends rulebook is pretty specific on bumpers.
The rulebook says if a bumper is in a dangerous position the car may be black flagged. Apparently the officials felt that one of two bumper tabs being broken off left the bumper in a dangerous position. Thats their call. Sounds like a safety issue. I guess they did not want that bumper becoming a flying projectile.
Good to see some tech and supposedly there is more to come. Maybe guys will start measuring ride heights and width and offsets before going on the track.

greggforce01
07-27-2009, 10:55 AM
While there were a lot of wrecks, I just want to say that I hope everyone is OK and there are no bad injuriess.

j-rod
07-27-2009, 11:41 AM
the bumper on the 8 was a result of the 48 drilling the 8 into the corner while in traffic, the only problem with the call on the bumper on the 8 was that there were 3 other cars during the same caution with the same bumper damage, only the 8 (2nd in pts.) had to pit.

rrealto
07-27-2009, 01:16 PM
Thats exactly what I meant about them coming into a track and not caring or respecting those cars running in a points battle.
If it was one shot ok, accidental contact, but that little twerp in the 48 bounced off everything. Someone spoke to him about the same thing before the main and he had a crap attitude. Went out and ran into everyone anyway. Not too good a reflection on KBR to bring him around with you. It would probably be good if he never came back. Beattie might have to jump out of his car again.
I'm hoping the racing development school will be working with him to improve his racing.
Its a bad break for the 8. didn't know others were riding with the same problem.

fred card
07-27-2009, 01:41 PM
respect i have all for 15 and 8 and even the 33 he drives clean ,but all theothers none ,even the 46 showed promise enought said:cheers:

FERGBIZZ
07-27-2009, 02:31 PM
I can't believe they let whoever that was that jumped out of the 96 continue to race....unreal!

RichF
07-27-2009, 03:18 PM
Thats exactly what I meant about them coming into a track and not caring or respecting those cars running in a points battle.
If it was one shot ok, accidental contact, but that little twerp in the 48 bounced off everything. Someone spoke to him about the same thing before the main and he had a crap attitude. Went out and ran into everyone anyway. Not too good a reflection on KBR to bring him around with you. It would probably be good if he never came back. Beattie might have to jump out of his car again.
I'm hoping the racing development school will be working with him to improve his racing.
Its a bad break for the 8. didn't know others were riding with the same problem.

Yup-The 48 was all over Glenn's rear bumper in the heat..when mentioned to him after the heat that it wasn't very professional, he commented that he was "clearly faster' than the 12 .... Definitely not cool :(

The Bullfather
07-27-2009, 03:42 PM
faster doesn't mean get out of my way!!! Faster means you got work hard for the position to earn it!!!

W. J.
07-27-2009, 03:46 PM
I can't believe they let whoever that was that jumped out of the 96 continue to race....unreal!While it may be wrong for him to get out of the car, he did it to PREVENT a fight. That's what's needed in more situations like that, like in the pits. Jump in to stop it, not to join it. He got there just before the track crew guy who was doing the same thing.

fred card
07-27-2009, 06:52 PM
just to let you know 25 racing is done for the season because of sat nites racing , car needs front clip all rs suspenion .rearend housing ,one tire two wheels god only knows what else 2000 dollars that i do not have looking for a ride contact me 631604 2747