PDA

View Full Version : todays race

critter
07-26-2009, 06:58 PM
thats right im home postin already lol dont even think 4 cyls left yet lol any way today was a good day i went more then 60 laps ,yeah me , hopin to build a chevy real soon , ohh boy look out , had a blast today :cool:

critter
07-26-2009, 07:06 PM
oh i forgot to mention i think everthing went great today , good job neets crew , and i was on the victory platform , even know the race wasnt over lol , right joe lol :cool:

DerbyN8-128
07-26-2009, 07:36 PM
Today sucked.

I guess there was a bunch of left over damage to my car from rolling last time. Front suspension bent back in making it almost impossible to make it thru the turns, I lost my brakes within the first 20 laps so couldn't run into the turns as hard. Got ran over in turn 4 by a white car and took a tire down, went out and changed it, freaking belts in the tire shifted and the tire was junk within a few laps, hit the wall on the back stretch because of it which towed the tires in real bad. (which is why I pitted the second time, thought the tire was down but the pit guys couldn't find anything wrong)

My arms got a work out though, the wheel was back and forth all the way around the track ripping my arms around.

ONLY good news, I was on the track when the checkered flag waved :wave:

Also, anyone else have problems with their scanners? All I heard was beeping:confused::confused:

critter
07-26-2009, 07:41 PM
sorry u had a bad day nate , at least u took the checked flag lol , but i had a good day anyway :wave:

purpdogrepair
07-26-2009, 07:41 PM
do i get paid because you droped out?????????? i have your money waiting why dont you trey wall or do walls scare critters?????????????

critter
07-26-2009, 07:48 PM
car got to hott and shut off , i did better then 50 laps thank u very much that was a good day for me lol , the wall doesnt scare me its all the money to get there lol

crazyfriend
07-26-2009, 08:37 PM
Critter actually made it to lap 75 ( i think lol) :applause: wtg
Although we checked in pits after race was over n guess he left so much for meeting him to get his autograph :-B
We saw critter standing on wall (victory lane)although he didn't win dang he could have done a little dance to entertain his fans but oh well he just didn't have it in him i guess :disgusted .

EnduroFromDE
07-26-2009, 08:39 PM
I give up...:disgusted I tried running clean and staying out of trouble, and its just not workin... 2 cut tire, one broken wheel, three broken wheel studs, plenty of new dents, PLENTY of mud, and nothing to show for it, besides 12 laps of having fun...The cars fast but just not lastin a HALF of race, let alone a full race...oh well, bring on WALL...maybe some better luck there...
Nate your not the only one that heard that too...BEEP BEEP BEEP means redflag now:confused: They may of been that same car the run up on me coming off two that ended my day via the 2 foot deep rut off the back stretch...
Also, good thing I didnt listen to Josh when I wrecked:( nothing personal though Josh...but that wouldnt of turned out pretty...

critter
07-26-2009, 08:42 PM
hopefully next time i am in that victory lane to do my critter jitter

critter
07-26-2009, 08:48 PM
cant wait till the results are up to see how many laps and where i placed today , hopefully better then b 4

crazyfriend
07-26-2009, 08:48 PM
WTG all drivers even with the rain you all still put on a GREAT SHOW , you are the ones who make it worth the drive to get there , Best show for $7.00 a head . Even if you only make it 2 laps round you still are important to all the fans in the stands! WTG :applause::applause::applause:WTG :applause::applause::applause:WTG:cheers::cheers:

critter
07-26-2009, 08:54 PM
thank you thank you thank you ver y much :cool:

crazyfriend
07-26-2009, 09:00 PM
thank you thank you thank you ver y much :cool:

NO DON'T THANK US ,,,,,,,:applause::applause:THANKS TO ERIN ,JOE, ALL OFFICIALS N ALL THE DRIVERS WTG GREAT JOB THANK YOU ALL- FROM SOME FANS WHO THINK IT WAS WORTH THE DRIVE EACH N EVERY TIME . GO GRAB YA SELVES A FEW COLD ONE YA DESERVE IT :cheers::cheers::cheers::cheers: thanks you all

mcstockcar
07-26-2009, 09:45 PM
I too had a good time today. I dont know how my car made it thru all the punishment of hitting the wall, getting tangled up with another car on the front stretch, slamming the wall in turn 2, and the cluster mess in turn 2 with tim, uncle Petey and whoever else was in that mishap.Hey Petey, it wont be so hard to fix my door, its been caved in before in the first race. I hope your alright. Someone spun out and i tryed to avoid them... you know the rest. Hey critter did you read my message on my trunk lid or was i passing you too many times?:lol: Thanks to everyone for todays race, that one to me was the best one yet. good job!

critter
07-26-2009, 09:49 PM
i did read it evertime u went around me i tried to get closer but couldnt lol

rpkulik
07-26-2009, 09:50 PM
I know it was a tough one for you, but I thought you drove exceptionally well. Very clean. Plus you finished. I think you will be pleasantly surprised when the results are posted.

miller78
07-26-2009, 10:41 PM
lets see i led a half of a lap then it got hot then i passed critter and then i blew up lol :confused:

spier racing 93
07-26-2009, 10:56 PM
Also, good thing I didnt listen to Josh when I wrecked:( nothing personal though Josh...but that wouldnt of turned out pretty...

i didnt like seeing josh on the track without the red being out...lets use our heads, somebody could have gotten killed :help:

dirtmodfan
07-26-2009, 11:17 PM
Racing in the rain sucks. We never should have been out there. No tearoffs, had to run with my visor up(real smart...risk losing an eye so I don't smash my car). I was lucky that I only got stuck in the ditch and had two cars hit mine. It was a moving circus. I won't do that again. Good luck the rest of the year. I spent too much time working on my car to destroy it mud bogging.

rpkulik
07-27-2009, 02:19 AM
The best of luck running short races in the sun with a YELLOW flag in the booth.

crazyfriend
07-27-2009, 06:12 AM
North East ENDURO Track Series --- ENDURO consists of many different obstacles and challenges.

ThePill
07-27-2009, 06:28 AM
I may have been the only one who wanted to be out in the mud. Better than watching from the pits.

CJfilms
07-27-2009, 06:30 AM
Let's keep it positive here...

Shon, I'm sorry you had a bad day, but in enduro racing, you know it is going to happen... I think for the next race I'm going to find a cone to place just before that drainage ditch...besides Shon running into it, Steve Sapp pummelled it and bounced through!

ALL Small Cars....that beeping sound you heard was my scanner going dead........being this is the first time the Small Cars ran last....you can now relate to the Big Cars and what they usually get to hear..... The next race, we will have all new batteries......again...I think we just got a bad batch, they are dying after only an hour.

The rain certainly added a factor of racing you will normally never see in a regular weekly race...being an enduro, we race through it...at least until we have to make a call for a rain delay as we had to do yesterday...

Just a quick congrats to all the drivers who made it through yesterday, I'll be posting up a longer post later today!

DerbyN8-128
07-27-2009, 09:14 AM
ALL Small Cars....that beeping sound you heard was my scanner going dead........being this is the first time the Small Cars ran last....you can now relate to the Big Cars and what they usually get to hear..... The next race, we will have all new batteries......again...I think we just got a bad batch, they are dying after only an hour.

We are required to have scanners with good batteries...

Joe is not. :disgusted

LOL :lol:

DerbyN8-128
07-27-2009, 09:17 AM
sorry u had a bad day nate , at least u took the checked flag lol , but i had a good day anyway :wave:

I still had fun too...just didn't go anywhere near as planned.
Although we didn't know what to expect...and I guess the car did half decent considering how twisted the entire uni body is. We will just have to bend it back out and see if there is anything we can do to try and KEEP it bent out so we have so handling in the turns again.

I'll be back next race :wave:

And small cars first :lol:

Erin C
07-27-2009, 09:29 AM
Joe's radio guy recently took a heart attack...It is kind of hard to get new batteries and spare radios when your vendor is recovering....

We are good to those who are good to us, if we have a good vendor we will go to no one else...that's loyalty.

Erin C
07-27-2009, 09:57 AM
btw...Joe is going to try to get down to see him Sunday to talk about a few things we need so when he is off of his bed rest he can order everything for us. I, however, will only be sending my wishes to him since I will be baking about 36 dozen cookies for my brother's desert table at his wedding (and some to keep Joe happy as well..lol)

crazyfriend
07-27-2009, 10:01 AM
You were loyal to the fans yesterday ( kept the race goin instead of calling it all off which no one would have gotten refunds ) so YOUR "LOYALITY" doesn't need to be proven it was shown again . Yes for short time I have known ERIN she has proven to be WISE , CONSIDERATE, NICE, LOYAL, A real internet friend who can be trusted . I HOPE your battery radio guy gets well soon n makes a full recovery - a heart is nothing to play or mess around with. Thanks for not lettin a few drops ruin our sunday or the fun we had even in the rain while under red. WTG N.E.E.T.S personal ,officials,drivers who never threw in the towel. Wondering what does ENDURO mean to those who didn't like the rain or conditions ???

Tracy57
07-27-2009, 10:03 AM
Erin-
Mmmmm.... Cookies! Have to put some in Larry's Lunch EVERY DAY.....
Was that why you were practicing last weekend???
Hey we all survived!!! :lol::lol::lol:
They were good!- making the same kind???

Erin C
07-27-2009, 10:11 AM
Yes, it was practice, lol, and nope...I am making 6 different kind, all with "chips" of some sort, lol. This time I will remember the macadamia nuts in the white chocolate chip ones :applause:

I am so happy I didn't inflict any stomach problems on anyone, lol. They were almost gone and Joe only got through 2 days with cookies so he asked me to practice making them again so he can have more. Plus I was able to give a bag to my mother yesterday so my prego sister had some to hold her over until she gets her "special" batch in 2 weeks. LOL. I had to hide those cookies yesterday so no one saw them or else I would have been bombarded! Pat BEGGED me for some yesterday and I told him to come over during the week and get some that don't belong to a pregnant woman! LOL

One of these days I will make some for the race, but it would have to be a lot for those sweet-toothed drivers ;p

crazyfriend
07-27-2009, 10:15 AM
a Cookie n cake stand at the track would be very nice seeing US fans also get a sweet tooth now n then :lol: bake offs each race see who sells more sweet things cookies ,cakes,fritters for the critters ,lol sorry had to throw that in lol Just a thought

EnduroFromDE
07-27-2009, 10:46 AM
besides Shon running into it, Steve Sapp pummelled it and bounced through!

Well me and the car made it through...I had to dig my R/F out of that ditch after the race...and then one of my shoes...:lol:

Spanky1975
07-27-2009, 11:42 AM
Very good show yesterday. This is the first time I have raced with neets since it was ran by Billy and at mountain, but Joe and his crew seem to have things under control. This is the first time I was ever at grandview and have ever raced on dirt. I probably should have waited for the hundred lapper because I know the first seventy laps went very quick, but the rest of the race I was just focused on thinking how much more abuse my little saturn could take. I am used to slideing the right front up the track not bouncing it up the track wondering if its still on the bead? Maybe a little more PSI next time. Other than racing, I think the best part of the day was watching the end of the big car race. That had to be one of the funniest things I ever saw in my life. Lucky for me I got to watch it and we were not on the track when that happend because that had to suck for those drivers, but great for the fans. I have just one minor issue with the days events. We are paying twenty dollars to rent a computerized transponder that calculates are lap times and position I have no problem paying the twenty dollars, but for that amount the results should be instant and at least include everyones fastest lap time for the days events. This is the first time I have ever raced an event and had to wait to know where I finished. Right after the big cars were done there results should have been posted. And then after the four cylinder race the results should have been up as soon as possible. Unless the transponders were not working?
All I know is there was over $1400 takin in for computerized scoring with no result. If there is a logical reson for this please let me know I maybe I'm wrong, but as I said I have never paid that much to rent a transponder and I have never had to wait to see where I finished. Other than that I would like to thank the Neets crew and all the other drivers for a very fun day at the track.

EnduroFromDE
07-27-2009, 12:03 PM
Well Dave welcome back to NEETS, last time I saw you, you had your rad wrapped around the motor, as far as transponders, Grandview is NOT set up for internet connection unlike Mountain. They should be posted in a few days on MyLaps.com, hopfully you remembeed to write your transponder number down. Glad to see ya had fun out there. See ya in Augest...:wave:

Erin C
07-27-2009, 01:04 PM
Little explanation here...we were trying to fight a huge storm and at the beck and will of the owners of the speedway. Usually if someone asks me after the race I can tell you where you finished (pending I am finished with putting together the payouts). Since there was extra laps we were there longer than expected and the Grandview owners had an EXTREMELY late night the previous night so wanted to get things wrapped up as quickly as possible..that is why we ran out so quick. As for mylaps I have explained this time and time again, but will explain again since this is your first time back in a few years, but we do not OWN the transponder program nor the computer used for scoring. The laptop belongs to the owners of the speedway and use the Big Diamond scorer to operate the system. The operator will not see the lap top until next Saturday and she is the only one who has the access to upload to mylaps. We try our best to keep reminding her to post the results online for the transponder system but it is out of our hands at that point. I print out our copy of the finish and since Joe and I both work full time we can't get it posted until tonight.

**btw, places who use hand scoring you will only be able to get top 5 or 10 the day of and people have to review cards which can take weeks depending on schedules to complete. Having results the day after is a blessing in comparison, it just sucks we couldn't have stayed longer to satisfy everyone's wishes.

As for the price of the rental fee, we get the transponder units from Georgia, they are shipped to us for $640 for a box of 32 (that breaks down to $20 a pop). Neither Joe nor I take a cut of anything as all "income" goes straight into the points fund and banquet trophy costs and paying employees...we don't charge any more than we HAVE to to offset our expenses and we do all this for the LOVE of the sport and the friends we make.

Results will be posted tonight after Joe gets home and eats dinner (since he was so busy today that he didn't have a chance to stop for lunch).

I just want to remind everyone as well...Joe and I work full time jobs so please please please keep that into consideration before we start getting pummeled with requests IMMEDIATELY after the race. We work 730-430 and after dinner we do all we can do for the series everyday. I hope our hard work shows but it does get a little heart breaking when we can't meet requests immediately since we are working and get "complaints" as a result. It would be a WHOLE different story if we didn't have to work, but we do.

Dave, I like your bit of advice...I will try my best to get out of the tower a little quicker and put the finish on the dry erase board before I put the payouts together...I will just have to ask that I don't get bombarded afterwards while trying to do this.

Thanks again to EVERYONE for a great race...I can't wait to see everyone again...as for now, I need to rest my concussion...I should have been resting all weekend but with such a hectic schedule I had no time to.

All the best!!!

NJ Chick
07-27-2009, 02:22 PM
Erin, I could put the finishes up for you when I get home from the races if you'd like? I have to send Geno the highlights of the races that night anyway, so I don't mind doing it. That way, you and Joe can take a break and everyone can know where they finished that night or at least by early morning depending on what time I get home to post it!:) Usually anywhere between 10 p.m. and 12:30 a.m. depending on where we stop to eat!:wave:

critter
07-27-2009, 02:40 PM
joe erin u guys do one heck of job keepin up with all this plus workin my hat is off to u , had a great day yesterday the best day yet since i made it more then 20 laps , cant wait for the next one , u know ill be the first one there :applause::applause:

Erin C
07-27-2009, 03:40 PM
haha...Cindy, you are fantastic. We were going to post up the results last night but by the time we got home (since we didn't get to stop and eat because of the dogs that were STARVING and crossing their legs) the storm had reached our area and was CRAZY!!!! I didn't want to risk losing my computer or Joe's computer being blown up from a power surge from all the lighting (even though Joe is trying to find all the excuses he can to get a new lap top).

You do enough as it is for us...really. I don't want to overload you, too! If we get home at that time every time we should be able to post it up...pending how much time we have at the track I will put it up on the board too.

Joe would have had it posted up this morning at the first half of his job BUT there was no internet access at township #1 where he is not AS busy. Township #2 he is constantly out of the office on inspections so that was out of the picture as well. I don't know where he put the papers or else I would have posted them up today while recovering. LOL. I HATE BEDREST!!!

Anyways...I think I need to get back to bed, my head hurts :(

Erin C
07-27-2009, 06:30 PM
Joe is the SLOWEST typer ever...here's the link to the results...he's just being his long-winded self and will probably start a new thread...

http://neetsracing.com/results/2009-7-26.htm

CJfilms
07-27-2009, 06:45 PM
Thank you all for you comments here!

As for posting the results, we will try the new method Cindy and Erin mentioned here. Yesterday just wasn't the day to hang around too long....as Erin mentioned, the Roger's family was up until the wee hours of the morning since the Saturday night race ended almost 1AM SUNDAY MORNING.... We should be happy that the gates were opened for us as early as they were!

Tina Rogers informed me at 9AM that she can barely believe she had just closed up the gates at 5:30AM!!!!!

Erin explained the transponder situation as best as it can be explained! We rent the units from GA, they are sent up to us and we rent them out...I spend $640 each race renting the units and the money collected is put into the points fund to be paid out at the end of the season. We collected over $800 this race alone from the transponders, I'm not going to hide that or lie about it....we need over $1,300 EACH race, above and beyond ALL of our expenses to be able to pay out a full purse at the end of the season. Don't forget, we have to pay officials and pay for trophies...each race can cost me personally over $1,000. I try my best to cover that expense out of my own pocket so that the points fund stays in tact and continues to grow.

At the banquet, we pay out over $10,000 to the Top 10 drivers from each division. That does not include the cost of the banquet hall, DJ, announcer for the evening, trophies, give-a-ways, etc... The money raised from banquet ticket sales is the only way we can balance out these expenses without tapping into the points fund.

I know a lot of people argue that we make too much money off the races....that it is all about moeny.....money money money.... I can assure you all, we don't make the money you might think we make. If at the end of the season, IF the points fund has over the amount of money we need to payout, yes we will see a profit. IF that does happen....is that really a problem? We should be in this to make a buck, we should be all about the money, but we are not. We are doing what we do to see this series continue to grow, to see our drivers have the most fun they can and help support local racing any way we can.

Sponsors will help us grow and help us promote things to a better level than we can if we are relying on my left-over cash after I pay bills.....the help everyone is offering is extremely generous and VERY MUCH APPRECIATED! Helping us find new sponsors is key though! We need to start attracting some outside sponsors to really help this series take off once again!

Thank you all for reading my insanely long posts as usual!

CJfilms
07-27-2009, 06:48 PM
Ha ha Erin....proved you wrong, no new thread!

Just so everyone knows....Erin is watching NCIS while we are working in our living room.....she just likes the comforting sound of Mark Harmon.......

Erin C
07-27-2009, 06:51 PM
Me watching? That is why you are taking so long to type!! You got into the last episode...LOL :drool:

Spanky1975
07-27-2009, 09:17 PM
Just to be clear, I wasn't complaining about the amount of money paid to rent a transponder, but the way I see it is if myself as a driver am paying a fee(nomatter what it is) to rent a transponder to track my lap times and position I beleive that that information should be avaliable to me at the track after the race has concluded. As far as giving the whole money break down, I think the neets racing outfit is more than fare. You do have decent purses and I saw some of the trophies the top five guys where carrying and they were more than respectable. I am not trying to complain about anything. I am just trying to give a little advice to try and make things a little better. When I first started racing with the enduros I remember there being 80 cars on the track at one time. As of now everyones car counts are not what they used to be. Whether it is Neets, Mountain, or Big Diamond nobody has been able to reach the numbers that there were. Maybe its the economy, or maybe it's that you have more tracks doing the enduro thing. I don't know what the answer is, but I would just like to see the old days back when it really was enduro racing because as the green flag was being dropped the last line of cars where in turn four and there was constant traffic.

critter
07-27-2009, 09:25 PM
the only thing i dont like is us drivers havin to pay 30 bucks to get in the pits we should be half price at least , where brining in the crowd for them just my two cents

CJfilms
07-27-2009, 09:32 PM
Just to be clear, I wasn't complaining about the amount of money paid to rent a transponder...

Dave, I know you are not complaining...but I do like to remind everyone of the amount of dedication coming from this end from time to time....you just gave me a good opportunity to do so! Thanks!

I do agree Dave, we should have the results posted ASAP....and as Erin and Cindy have discussed, we will in the future! The biggest problem yesterday was trying to hustle out of the office so the owners could lock up and go get some well deserved sleep, plus the weather was against us afterwards as well....

I do hope everyone had a safe ride home through whatever weather you had to drive though!

One last thing Dave...each race this season we have improved things acrocss the board! You will notice even small suggestions put into effect at the nexst race! Hopefully we will see you then!

Erin C
07-27-2009, 09:33 PM
Oh I know..I want to see that too and I take all suggestions very seriously. I will do my best to get things running more smoothly *post* race. We don't have and can't afford the staff we need to get everything done as timely as everyone would like to see, but Cindy and I try our hardest to get the administrative duties done as quickly and efficiently as possible. Between the 2 of us we tackle the work of 6 to 8 people. If you think there is something we should be doing or would like to see happen just let me know and I will figure something out if it is a sensible suggestion.