PDA

View Full Version : Who is travelling to Riverhead

limodmaniac
07-28-2009, 09:07 AM
After travelling to Connecticut and New Hampshire, and upstate NY, I finally get to stay home. Just wondering, who will be travelling to Long Island to see the Riverhead tour race.

Teds Race Tours
07-28-2009, 10:27 AM
I was thinking about making the long trek myself.

Jaws
07-28-2009, 10:53 AM
After travelling to Connecticut and New Hampshire, and upstate NY, I finally get to stay home. Just wondering, who will be travelling to Long Island to see the Riverhead tour race.

It's pretty far for me too, I was thinking about coming on Friday and staying at the hotel near the track.

Hey Ted maybe we can have dinner in Polish Town? (If thats not too far to drive).

:)

Bobby1717
07-28-2009, 11:09 AM
I wish I could say that I was going to witness the fast pace action, but I will be on the fast pace Thomas the Train with my daughter. Bad planning on my part.

Sorry Maniac

gomodsgo
07-28-2009, 11:51 AM
I do believe that mad dawg and I will be there, then off to Chemung on Sunday. That is after starting the weekend at Twin State on Friday.

It's my first time to Riverhead. A little excited to attend another new track.

Axel
07-28-2009, 12:20 PM
sigh... I was supposed to go, but my son wants to go the ARCA race at Pocono on SAT afternoon (dont ask). It would be a huge stretch to make it to Riv-ah-head by 8pm, but it's possible.

Or I may go to Sundance Vacation Speedway or Mahoning that night. Not sure what I may do. It'll be a game time desicion whatever happens.

Jaws
07-28-2009, 12:53 PM
sigh... I was supposed to go, but my son wants to go the ARCA race at Pocono on SAT afternoon (dont ask). It would be a huge stretch to make it to Riv-ah-head by 8pm, but it's possible.

Or I may go to Sundance Vacation Speedway or Mahoning that night. Not sure what I may do. It'll be a game time desicion whatever happens.

The easiest logistically would be Sundance, but all your friends will be on LI!!!

ARCA 1 PM start, 3:00PM finish, 3 hours to Riverhead=6:00PM:wave:

limodmaniac
07-28-2009, 01:23 PM
Bobby, I'm convinced you can do Thomas the Train and the modifieds , both in the same day.

Axel, I won't ask.. but ARCA over modifieds.... How old's the son? Maybe can bribe him with other fun activities in the Riverhead area.

GoModsGo, I'm doing the double .. Riverhead to Chemung also.

Teddy, who has the longer drive...you or me?

SUfan
07-28-2009, 06:59 PM
Twin-State for ACT/NEMA Friday then off to Riverhead for the first time in 15 years for me.

RGeeProductions
07-28-2009, 08:15 PM
I will be traveling from Brookhaven Township to Riverhead Raceway, about 6 minutes away, Saturday!!!!:wave:

WEEZER
07-28-2009, 08:21 PM
Riverhead has a really cool model train and museum in town and I heard Thomas and Percy may both try to qualify for the mod race and I do believe Mahoning Valley is closer from pocono speedway the sundance though sundance is a better track then that dog bone mahoning

catfish
07-29-2009, 08:30 AM
Going to be making the long trek in from Mattituck(about 9 miles) myself, for my annual trip the Riverhead Raceway. Hope to see a good race !!!!!!

The Bullfather
07-29-2009, 09:09 AM
Ted, I might, if there is a bus to the track lol.

Hey was that a joke about train racing on short tracks????:lol:

W. J.
07-29-2009, 12:06 PM
Wow, talk about a post that has fallen off the tracks!!!

Howie
07-29-2009, 12:59 PM
Our tracks are ovals, WJ. They go around in circles, have mulitple grooves and walls, you can't fall off the track. :D (How many threads don't kind of end up off topic?)

Axel
07-29-2009, 01:15 PM
can i add the pork roll element to this thread???

Jaws
07-29-2009, 01:52 PM
Our tracks are ovals, WJ. They go around in circles, have mulitple grooves and walls, you can't fall off the track. :D (How many threads don't kind of end up off topic?)

Its a Bullseye!

kinserfan11
07-29-2009, 03:03 PM
I would like to but i have no takers on this one:mad: But I will be at Chemung Next day shooting for AARN :cheers:

Jaws
07-29-2009, 04:27 PM
can i add the pork roll element to this thread???

Pork Roll for sure.