PDA

View Full Version : Hotels for Bristol Race

Bullfrog
07-28-2009, 03:25 PM
Do you think it will be a problem finding rooms last minute for a Tuesday-Wednesday stay? Driving up from Atlanta....not sure if I will have anyone coming with me yet. Thats why I haven't booked a room yet. Anyone have any ideas or feedback. Thanks all!

BF

kinserfan11
07-28-2009, 03:32 PM
Bullfrog; try the Comfort Inn off in Bristol :cheers:

limodmaniac
07-28-2009, 03:35 PM
I think you can still book a Red Roof Inn in Johnson City, TN, which isn't far from Bristol. But you can only get a room there on Tuesday night.

CTC Photos
07-28-2009, 04:50 PM
Do you think it will be a problem finding rooms last minute for a Tuesday-Wednesday stay? Driving up from Atlanta....not sure if I will have anyone coming with me yet. Thats why I haven't booked a room yet. Anyone have any ideas or feedback. Thanks all!

BF

Where in Atlanta are you? I'm trying to get things situated at work to get the day/days off and may be interested in the carpool deal. If nothing else, I know that the Super 8 in Bulls Gap is a good place to stay. It's about 45 minutes or so west of Bristol, exit 23 on I81.

ooops, forgot. I'm in Duluth.

Howie
07-28-2009, 06:27 PM
With Volunteer Speedway in Bulls Gap running a big Lucas Oil Dirt Late Model race on Wed and Thurs the 19 & 20th rooms are probably unavailable there too. Anything with in 100 miles of the track are probably scarce at this point. Good luck.

limodmaniac
07-28-2009, 06:42 PM
Motel 6 available in Morristown, TN

burtmyers1
07-28-2009, 06:58 PM
Boone, NC......

Bullfrog
07-29-2009, 04:06 PM
Where in Atlanta are you? I'm trying to get things situated at work to get the day/days off and may be interested in the carpool deal. If nothing else, I know that the Super 8 in Bulls Gap is a good place to stay. It's about 45 minutes or so west of Bristol, exit 23 on I81.

ooops, forgot. I'm in Duluth.

CTC...I am in Powder Springs...30 miles west of the city...shoot me an email if you want to carpool. I have two friends that are up in the air right now but I am definitely going regardless.

jercatania@comcast.net

Bullfrog
07-29-2009, 04:10 PM
Thanks everybody for the replies...I really appreciate it. howie, I am the optimist! :D

CTC Photos
07-29-2009, 04:29 PM
With Volunteer Speedway in Bulls Gap running a big Lucas Oil Dirt Late Model race on Wed and Thurs the 19 & 20th rooms are probably unavailable there too. Anything with in 100 miles of the track are probably scarce at this point. Good luck.

As of right now they have rooms availble at $67.99 (althouhg if you go 10 miles north in Morristown the rooms are $50.90) and what's even better...you'd get to see Mods and DLMs on the same trip....Volunteer is one of the top 3 dirt tracks in the southeast in my opinion. It's a smaller dirt version Bristol. In fact they have the old Winston scoring tower sitting up on the hill in the pits. Joe Loven (track owner) has just never gotten around to installing it.

bullfrog - I'll let you know how things look in a week or so.

mattphoto
07-29-2009, 05:50 PM
I called the Comfort Inn and the Best Western in Bristol and they are offering rooms for $99.