PDA

View Full Version : A view of the Legend Feature 7/25/09

watchinurace
07-29-2009, 05:03 PM
www.youtube.com/watch?v=CBeboLp8tTA

W. J.
07-29-2009, 06:23 PM
Interesting to hear someone in the background mention that, "Chris didn't touch anybody....", yet your video clearly shows that he did, in fact, push Fred Card to the wall.

I admire your candor in posting it.

fred card
07-29-2009, 07:39 PM
ann you said he passes me clean everytime , my car is junk done for season because of chris MAYBE THE RIGHT THING OFFER ME YOUR BACKUP CAR JUST AN IDEA ,THE TAPE TELLS THE STORY

watchinurace
07-29-2009, 09:16 PM
ann you said he passes me clean everytime , my car is junk done for season because of chris MAYBE THE RIGHT THING OFFER ME YOUR BACKUP CAR JUST AN IDEA ,THE TAPE TELLS THE STORY

The tape shows hard racing Fred not an intentional wreck, and he was past you. In hind site I think maybe you also could have lifted to save your car.
As far as my back up car goes it has already been reserved.
And you are right the video tells the story.

watchinurace
07-29-2009, 09:23 PM
Interesting to hear someone in the background mention that, "Chris didn't touch anybody....", yet your video clearly shows that he did, in fact, push Fred Card to the wall.

I admire your candor in posting it.

Thought it was a good video too. Showed hard racing not an intentional wreck.

Richie25
07-29-2009, 11:12 PM
... ... ....

fred card
07-30-2009, 06:43 AM
how do figure he was past me, i was on the outside ,numnuts turned hard right into me ,not lifting ,like father like son ,maybe he should have used his brakes,thank 49 racing for ending my season

RacinRob
07-30-2009, 08:02 AM
From a non biased viewer, it looks like the 49 made the pass thought he was clear and mistaknkingly put the 25 in the fence....it didn't look malicious or intentional...I've seen it done this year in a pro truck race when a driver made the inside pass thought he was clear and put a driver in the wall. I feel terrible for you fred, but I don't think you were wrecked on purpose. It sucks but without spotter these mistakes happen.

catfish
07-30-2009, 08:54 AM
I agree WJ, there was definite contact and wow, I can see Fred's point. Intentional, only one person knows for sure.

rcracing17
07-30-2009, 09:05 AM
it def sucks when that happens but there's nothing that can be done now. hopefully something comes about where you can get your car back together before the season is over.

KickItUp
07-30-2009, 11:30 AM
Ok, I rarely see the Legends race. Needless to say, I do not know ANYONE involved. In my opinion, looks like the guy behind the 49 just tapped him enough, maybe in a bad spot to do so, and that completely pushed the 49 up to the outside, the guy up there, well, what can you do. Looks like a bad deal, happens weekly to someone, it's racing. The 49 had guys on the outside at other times, and he didn't choose to just swing up to the outside then, don't see how you could think he'd do it to you.
I watced it a few times, and I see the guy behind the 49 hit him just enough, which sent him up, looks like racing to me.
It was a bad deal for the guy on the outside, but the only way to avoid that happening is for one, to either stay in the pits and watch the race instead, or, make it a rule that no other driver touches any other driver at any time making it near impossible for someone to get hit into another driver, which cannot happen.
I see it moves in other divisions where the guy 2 cars behind is pushing the guy head of him into the guy ahead of him, thus making his move from 2 cars back. Saw the 20 do it a few weeks ago in the mod's, see the 32 doing it in the BB quite often. Not saying there is anything wrong with it, but it happens, so chances are, you may be caught in a racing accident not intentional..

jgloor8
07-30-2009, 10:09 PM
to me it looked like when the 48 spun the 00 the 49 cut the wheel to the right hard to avoid the wreck.....which to me seems like a dumb mistake but u only have so much time to react and he did what he thought was right to avoid a wreck meanwhile causing another one.....idk rookie mistake hopefully, sad that its ending another cars season but smarter racing might weed out problems like this....its important to be real smooth with these cars there very responsive to the wheel maybe a lil rookie advice...

Ace
08-02-2009, 08:25 AM
After watching the video I can't believe all the BS the 49 has gotten on here about this.This was the result of hard racing and a car dumped off turn 2 on the low groove.The 25 started on the pole and was going backwards, the 49 started 21st and was passing the 25.Like someone said maybe the 25 could've lifted. As far as dumb mistake or rookie mistake, I don't think so.JMO. BTW I have yet to meet the driver of the 49.

Buddy Turbush

fred card
08-02-2009, 08:44 AM
you are wrong cant lift when someone turn hard right on you he toid me he did not see me out there.maybe i did start on the pole but a top 5 was there , when you are a bottom feeder like the 49 he still made a big mistake remember what goes around comes around 49

LongIslandJam
08-02-2009, 08:51 AM
It's a new week, it's a new race. I think we've analyzed this video from every angle possible. Let's put this behind us and move on.