PDA

View Full Version : Riverhead help!!!

1rko
08-01-2009, 02:38 AM
I have made a last minute decision to go to the race later on today. I was told by a WMT driver that the tour show is supposed to go out at about 8:00 I live in central Connecticut. I was told to go to Bridgeport and take the ferry to Port Jefferson, NY and use mapquest or a GPS to get to the track from there. I need any tips, advise, or comments that can help like times, prices, the whole 9 yards. It would be my first time to Riverhead and I would love to get out there. HELP ME OUT!

Howie
08-01-2009, 05:45 AM
I take the New London ferry, the only way to get there from here as far as I'm concerned. I hate the LIE ride home. For you the Bridgeport Ferry would be best. Can't help much with directions though, only did it once. Track is fairly easy to get to as I remember and about 30-45 minutess. Hopefully Fran will see this before he leaves and be able to be more help. Good luck, have fun.

Teds Race Tours
08-01-2009, 06:34 AM
You should probably see signs for 495 off of the ferry, however if you dont, look for Rt 112 south. You'll be on that around 8-10 miles which should take about 15-20 minutes, and that will cross with the Long Island Expressway(495). Jump on 495 east and take the very last exit(73). Track will be 1/4 to 1/2 mile down on right after you exit.

Small Soft Sided cooler ok. No glass or Beer. Also make sure you have everything you need upon entering track as the track doesnt allow you to re-enter the facility if you have to return to your car to get something.

Have fun!!!!

limodmaniac
08-01-2009, 06:34 AM
Basically take 112 South, all the way to the Long Island Expressway (495) Go east on 495 until the last exit, exit 73. Track is on your right side, just beyond Tanger .

mccoystax
08-01-2009, 08:00 AM
When you get off the ferry it will be 25A south which then turns into 112. Take to 495 and head east.