PDA

View Full Version : typical riverhead!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

quickmc73
08-02-2009, 01:12 PM
:help::mad:once again track steward maggio played his usual hand in proving that it only matters who you are to get a fair call.please help me find out what the rule is when 2 cars timetrial the same identical lap time,who gets the spot.i was told by everyone,including riverhead off"S that the car that first set the time gets the position.well in my case i set the time first,and i was the first car to qualify.the 66 car was one of the last cars to take time.on the the final time sheet they had me qualified 6th and the 66 qualified 7th with a identical time.jerry and i were trying to find out who should be aloud to keep the 6th spot and have a chance for a better spot in the redraw.both of us were told that the first to set the time gets the spot but they had to talk to jim maggio.when i heard this i knew that jim was going to be jim and prove that he is not a fair official but a biased one.please understand that i am not blaming jerry for this crap,i like the guy and i think he is a solid racer that i feel comfortable running with.i just feel that jim screwed me out of a fair and correct call.i am a fair guy and i would be the first to apologize to jim if im wrong but show me the written rule before i do that because as of now,in my eyes i think jim is bad for the track and decisions that need to be made should be made by fair people like mike cappiello.if mike was the one to make the call im sure it would of been fair,if i liked it or not,but coming from a guy who has shown time and time again its not who you are its whom you know!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!:mad::help:

W. J.
08-02-2009, 01:17 PM
It is usually, in the bigger series at least, the car that sets a certain time first. Generally, it needn't go to an official for ANY decision, since the afore mentioned is the way it's usually done.
Sounds like the only thing that got done here was you.
Add it to the ever growing list of grievances about how things are done.

bulldozer
08-02-2009, 02:26 PM
I think there should be some thing written in the rules about two guys timing the same time. If there wasnt something in the rules then they both should of redrawn out of a hat to see who got the spot. Just my opinion.81

IDRIVEALARGECAR
08-02-2009, 02:34 PM
SomeThings will never Change..When are the Real Bulldozers Going to end all your Misery up there..Will Long Island Ever Have a Fair and Unbiased Place to race ever again I doubt it very much and my sympathy goes out to all you hard core week in and week out racers that continue to make money for other people other than yourselves and still not get a fair and decent racing venue to have to deal with..will somebody please rescue that old hole.. But I do Miss all the fights...

Teds Race Tours
08-02-2009, 02:58 PM
just as an FYI, there were 2 sets of ties in the WMT Time Trails. Glen Tyler and Glen Reen at 12.303 and Doug Coby and Woody Pitkat at 12.285. I'm not sure how they broke the ties. Coby timed 5th in Order, Pitkat 18th. Pitkat was higher in points. Coby got the better starting spot for the consi race. In the Tyler/Reen tie Tyler timed 16th in order and Reen 20th. Reen was higher in points. Reen got the better starting spot in the consi. In one case the 1st to time got the spot, in one case the 2nd. In one case higher in points got the spot, in one case the lower in points. In both cases, the fastest slower lap got the spot, so I dont know if that is what they go by, or if that is just coincidence.

broz
08-02-2009, 03:01 PM
Thanks for offering absolutely nothing to this thread with your post IDRIVE.......
Glad you live in NC where everything is absolutely perfect! :disgusted

As for the officiating at the track....I doubt you would see any change during the season. The track has proven in recent years they are not affraid of change. So who knows, maybe the continued public outcry for this guys head will be heard and addressed.

W. J.
08-02-2009, 03:24 PM
Okay Ted, applying this to the Charger TT, Doyle timed first and did 13.653 and 13.534, while Solomito timed 13.805 and 13.534.

Still makes no sense.

LongIslandJam
08-02-2009, 04:04 PM
Traditionally, the typical way to break a tie is points (I'm not sure if the Tour goes by owner or driver, but that's a moot point in this instance).

WEEZER
08-02-2009, 09:21 PM
It's short track, local home town racing, jersey cops get killed by scumbag drug dealers, young children get raped by scumbag pedophiles and our troops get killed oversea's, does it REALLY matter??? Be thankful we have our heath. family, friends, and a local track to race at.

quickmc73
08-03-2009, 07:55 AM
:lol::disgustedhey weezer your input was way off base,you deffinately have no understanding of what it takes to get out to the track each week and do your best.{i should be thankfull that i have a place to race} at was not the help i was looking for.we are the show,the track owners should be thankfull we show up at all giving all the negative crap we have to deal with.a true racer will give it his or her all no matter what and thats why they deserve equal respect.if we dont fight for respect we will get none.this is a racers forum thats why i came on here asking for help in the matter at hand.

RacinRob
08-03-2009, 08:31 AM
Brian I'm sorry to hear what happened to you...I decided not to race at riverhead anymore bc of the bs also...I def will race again there though. Chances are they give two craps when a guy like me or you doesn't race anymore. The equality your looking for probably will never come. Its unfortunate however its kinda like damned if you do damned if you don't. We love racing soo much and were racers at heart, yes sitting out proves a point but it only really spites us in the long run. You're a great driver and you have a great car....just go out there win and shove it up there *ss like that.

W. J.
08-03-2009, 08:46 AM
RacinRob - :applause::applause::applause::applause::applause:

allhailunc
08-03-2009, 08:56 AM
the old "Christmas List" effect eh?:disgusted

greggforce01
08-03-2009, 11:54 AM
That stinks for you Brian. I would think that if you both have your fastest lap the same, that they would give the spot to the guy who had a faster time on their other timed lap - which in this case would be you. That blows.

Mortgage Guy
08-03-2009, 12:54 PM
This is Steve Halpin (hollywoodmic) on my brothers computer. I was standing in the press box next to Jim Maggio when he was given this question. 1st, he was never told "What" two drivers, so favortism is out the window or being "screwed" because of "who" you are had no baring. 2nd, his immediate answer was "I don't know I've never had that happen before." He said he needed to look into it but the official said to him we need to know now, because they need to redraw for position. I suggested almost every tie-breaker in NASCAR normally goes by points. As everyother tie breaker or starting line ups due to rain go. That being said the Modified Tour officials were sitting right there and I believe they said that they do it by points. Now, I'm not saying Jim makes all the right calls, but I will say the notion of who you are had nothing to do with it because when he was asked he had no clue who the two drivers were. It was a quick answer and I feel it was correct.

Steve Halpin

rrealto
08-03-2009, 02:07 PM
Good post Steve. Now what will all the Jim haters do, find something else since he did the best job possible on this one.
Sounds like a reasonable decision and will have to be clarified for the next time it happens. Might be another reason to have weekly drivers meetings as some other tracks do. Clarify issues like this.
Jim is really the only official there who has any history with the rules. He may not know then all but he is the most familiar of those there.

RacinRob
08-03-2009, 02:31 PM
In the nationwide race this past weekend there was a tie in time trials they broke the tie according to owners point...just an fyi

quickmc73
08-03-2009, 02:47 PM
hey steve long time no see,thank you for the info,i have no reason not to believe you,i started this thread for 2 reasons 1st to find out if jim really does show favoritism because lets face it probably 80%of the riverhead competitors feelhe does and i am one of them.i dont dislike the guy nor do i feel he should be removed but if he would just communicate a little more with the racers and let us know why a decision has been made problems like this one would be over as soon as they began.2nd reason is something needs to be put in place for this problem of identical lap times.yes i do feel that i should have got the spot because i had the better lap times overall and the fact that i was already against the odds by pulling 1st to qualify.thats how i feel right or wrong.i stated that if i were wrong i would be the first to apologize to jim and i will keep my word,but this is not the first time we have seen jim as the center of biased calls.i have been victim of a few of them over the years and i never complained.i dont play politics and i personally think they have no place in racing because the time, effort,sacrifice,and money that it takes for each and every one of us to get to the track should be respected.no one should be held above the rest.

btgoss
08-03-2009, 09:45 PM
I don't mean to take this discussion off topic, but I have a question.

I had always just thought that there was a weekly meeting for each division. This isn't the case?
Has it always been this way at Riverhead? I seem to recall they had meetings at Islip, but I could be mistaken, it was a very long time ago.

I was thinking about posting about this race before I read this thread. I think this just shows the problems out there are all based on communication and perception. Maybe meetings would help.

Or maybe a the track could get one of that Corporate Team Builder guys to come out. Make all the Charger drivers participate in various anger management and trust sessions. At the very least it could make an interesting reality show.

W. J.
08-03-2009, 10:33 PM
There are meetings with all divisions or specified ones as the officials feel the need. There is no formal meeting weekly anymore.

While communication is very important, it has to be meaningful, not the same speech week after week. If it is, people will naturally just tune it out.

Ka$h25
08-05-2009, 03:39 PM
I'm surprised the tour does it that way, and RR followed suit. It was always my understanding that when you set a time you have a position, that time needs to be BEAT for the position to be taken away. Why do we pick for qualifying order? If it holds no bearing, just line up and let em go.

quickmc73
08-05-2009, 04:25 PM
i agree with you,why bother pulling from the hat.unfortunately i put my foot in my mouth when i accused jim of favortism.steve had posted earlier that favorites was not the reason and i feel that that is true coming from the source and i will apologize to jim this saturday.i do appreciate all the posts that felt i was robbed cause i was, but it happened because of the time frame the decision had to be made and no written rule for all i know.:confused: