PDA

View Full Version : What to do this weekend?

limodmaniac
08-03-2009, 12:12 PM
Lots of choices out there for this coming weekend. After Stafford on Friday, I'm heading to Wall or Beech Ridge. Any advice?

Wall will have TC , Blewett and Hirschman.. Any one have an idea of who else might be going?

Beech Ridge is a track I haven't been to in years. I'd love to get back to it. Is the track two grooves like Oxford was? The True Value Series put on a great race and would love to see them again. Since I'm going to probably miss Waterford and Seekonk, this might be my last chance to see them before they head to Thompson.

What should I do?

gomodsgo
08-03-2009, 01:31 PM
Lots of choices out there for this coming weekend. After Stafford on Friday, I'm heading to Wall or Beech Ridge. Any advice?

Wall will have TC , Blewett and Hirschman.. Any one have an idea of who else might be going?

Beech Ridge is a track I haven't been to in years. I'd love to get back to it. Is the track two grooves like Oxford was? The True Value Series put on a great race and would love to see them again. Since I'm going to probably miss Waterford and Seekonk, this might be my last chance to see them before they head to Thompson.

What should I do?

Well if I can make a suggestion.....

If you haven't been to the Ridge in years, you should pick that one. TVMRS usually puts on a GREAT show, and they should have a full field - Hinckley, Pinkham, McKennedy, Goodenough, Jarvis, Pennink, and only 30 points separate the top 3. The battles are really going to get more intense.

Wall races every week, and you can always get down there easier than going to Beech Ridge.

My vote is for Beech Ridge. We're headed up Saturday AM.

Jaws
08-03-2009, 03:42 PM
But Wall has a full blown Mod race this week and its way closer.

KyleMac45
08-03-2009, 04:39 PM
Go to Wall... It is the right choice!

Kyle

PS- I will be flagging @ Wall- TQ's will be there!

CONEXPCJ
08-03-2009, 07:49 PM
I would vote to go to Beech Ridge. I made the 3 1/2 hour drive for the ACT race two weeks ago and was treated to great racing in ALL divisions. The strictly's even came down to a near photo finish. Great side by side action throughout the field and a good view from the grandstands. Wall is fun too, but I will save that for the Derby.

BigMac
08-03-2009, 08:15 PM
I vote Beech Ridge. Gotta support their once a year modified event. Although, I miss the days when this was a WMT race. For those who haven't been in a while, they built a Cabela's right there off the speedway exit. There are some new restaurants and what nots right there too.

Is Stefanik going anywhere with the 66 this weekend?

zombo
08-04-2009, 02:09 AM

What should I do?

i'm always in favor of wall. tour mods in twin 50s. can't go wrong with that. blewett, tc, hirschman, arre, brittain, paules, ferrante, tomaino should make for a good fight for the win. should be a fun night. hope you choose wall.

SUfan
08-04-2009, 06:17 AM
I'm envisioning a McKennedy/Pinkham race for the lead at Beech Ridge that will be memorable. It could happen.

kinserfan11
08-05-2009, 03:34 PM
I am either going to Shangri-La2 or Mahoning Valley :cheers::cheers:

mattphoto
08-05-2009, 06:58 PM
I am at Monadnock this weekend. There is a yesteryear party along with the open track party along with the modifieds should be a great show

limodmaniac
08-06-2009, 11:43 AM
Enjoy the race at Wall. And GO Matt Hirschman!!

But I'm heading to Beech Ridge and the track I haven't been to in a few years.

Thanks for all the advice.

BigMac
08-06-2009, 09:50 PM
Good choice.

BigMac
08-08-2009, 11:15 PM
I'm envisioning a McKennedy/Pinkham race for the lead at Beech Ridge that will be memorable. It could happen.

Did you have a crystal ball?? It wasn't an epic battle by any means but they put on a good show and finished 1-2. Good call.

kinserfan11
08-09-2009, 12:12 AM
I went to Mahoning Valley; here are the results- Modified Feature Finish, 35 Laps: 1.John Bennett 2.Chip Santee 3.Don Wagner 4.Tom Flanagan 5.Bobby Jones 6.Lou Strohl 7.Bill Teel 8.Andy Szapacs 9.Lonnie Behler 10.Rock Reichenbach 11.Matt Higgins 12.Jarred Nace 13.James Pritchard, Jr.

Late Model Feature Finish, 25 Laps: 1.Austin Kochenash 2.Todd Stehle 3.Kristian Kalch 4.Joe Mooney 5.Rick Wallace 6.Frankie Althouse 7.Ed Bauer 8.Todd Geist Did not start: Chub Steigerwalt
Make-up Late Model Feature Finish (7/11), 25 Laps: 1.Althouse 2.Mooney 3.Kalch 4.Stehle 5.Kochenash 6.Geist

Street Stock Feature Finish, 25 Laps: 1.Devin Gibson 2.Randy Ahner, Jr. 3.Justin Mooney 4.Josh Mooney 5.Kristy Morone Arthofer 6.Brian Labar 7.Shawn Sitarchyk 8.Paul Effrig 9.TJ Gursky 10.Todd Ahner 11.Jillian Long 12.Mike Garris, Jr. 13.Matt May 14.Jamie Smith 15.Jason Frey 16.Chris May 17.Adam Santee 18.TJ Kemmerer 19.Chris Smith 20.Zach Graver

Dirt Modified Feature Finish, 20 Laps: 1. Chad Jones 2.Randy Thomas 3.Steve Folk 4.DJ Wagner 5.Alex Mayer 6.Dave Thomas 7.Bill Sitler

Pro4 Late Model Feature Finish, 20 Laps: 1.Jeremy Miller 2.Kevin Graver, Jr. 3.Gene Bowers 4.Dave Chapman 5.Barry Christman, Jr. 6.Jim Wismer, Jr. 7.Jake Kibler 8.Mike Stringer 9.Dennis Silfies 10.Mike Stofflet 11.Jack Hill 12.Arland Moyer, Jr. 13.Clarence Ruppert

Make-up Pro4 Late Model Feature Finish (7/11), 20 Laps: 1. Graver, Jr. 2.Miller 3.Wismer 4.Chapman 5.Stringer 6.Silfies 7.Bowers 8.Hill 9.Christman, Jr. 10.Kibler 11.Stofflet 12.Ruppert

4c Super Mods Feature Finish, 15 Laps: 1.Ron Merlino 2.Joe Jackson 3.Steve Renn 4.Mike Renn 5.Wes Gilbert Did not start: Bob Renn