PDA

View Full Version : Lexan

Crazy Horse
08-05-2009, 09:27 PM
I need some advice on ways to cut a piece of Lexan,the size of a windshield:help: Im thinking about using a jigsaw. Thanks

woot lawrence
08-05-2009, 09:53 PM
jigsaw will work, lay it over top of the hole and draw a line around it so you know where to cut. my opinion, lexan sux, it scratches easily, fogs up, cant clean it. if you can put a windshield back in you are better off, maybe a few more $s but better off.

W. J.
08-05-2009, 11:01 PM
Home Depot, Lowe's and hardware stores sell good Lexan cutters.

j-rod
08-06-2009, 06:28 AM
I've always used a roto-zip. its kinda like a jig saw

Buckshot11
08-06-2009, 10:52 AM
Horse,

Woot is totally right...funny we were just talking about this last night. A jigsaw does a great job of cutting it, but I HIGHLY advise against using it for all the reasons woot says. If your around the track Sunday come look at my lexan windshield....you may change your mind.

Crazy Horse
08-06-2009, 09:50 PM
I appreciate all the responses.I thought about a windshield but I figured once it got cracked they would tell me to replace it.I had lexan in one of my cars and I had pretty good luck with it,I know they sell a cleaner and a polish(why does that look like polish)that works well.as far as cutting this stuff my neighbor owns a sign shop,and he has experience cutting it.SO, thanks a bunch for all your help.:cheers:

pitbull113
08-06-2009, 10:19 PM
Sounds like someone has been bitten by the racing bug again. :D

j-rod
08-06-2009, 11:03 PM
pledge is the BEST cleaner for lexan, i prefer lemon scented

Crazy Horse
08-06-2009, 11:20 PM
Smoke...I went to Racing rehab for a couple of seasons and I was clean then I started to hang out with that Racing crowd and they pulled me back in.now I'm hooked on that Enduro Stuff again but this time I'm not going to overdose.I'll just be a social Racer. :cool: