PDA

View Full Version : mahoning forum

bram0922
08-07-2009, 09:34 AM
I guess now we will have post here, since Gena and Laurie do not believe in freedom of speech and do not like suggestions from the racers and fans.

spier racing 93
08-07-2009, 05:00 PM
man now i have no more reading material of all the stupid $hit that is going on there

White Lightnin
08-07-2009, 07:10 PM
You can blame a certain few morons for losing that forum. Same ones every week running their mouths starting from the moment the last flag flew on Saturday night. I'm going to miss reading all of the comedy. Guess I'll have to go to a few races to watch the "spectacles" in person. :lol:

W. J.
08-07-2009, 09:13 PM
Sounds like two people need to look up the definition of message board/forum. It's about open discussion, in a reasonably responsible way, to exchange ideas, and maybe even make things better by putting people's ideas out in the open. Too bad they don't realize they won't always agree with such opinions, but just might learn something if they let the ideas flow. It's one thing to rein things in, another entirely to kill the messenger.

Sounds like another one bit the dust due to closed minds. Sad.

modfan7ny
08-08-2009, 12:41 PM
Sounds like two people need to look up the definition of message board/forum. It's about open discussion, in a reasonably responsible way, to exchange ideas, and maybe even make things better by putting people's ideas out in the open. Too bad they don't realize they won't always agree with such opinions, but just might learn something if they let the ideas flow. It's one thing to rein things in, another entirely to kill the messenger.

Sounds like another one bit the dust due to closed minds. Sad.

Normally I would totally agree with you since I'm a big believer in freedom of speech. However a message board on a track's site is meant to help promote the track not to allow a few people to ***** and moan every time their driver has any bad luck. If you were a regular reader of that former board you would realize that if someone were to be considering making their first trip to the track and read the nonsense posted on the board they might very well consider not coming. The sad part is that most of the stuff written on the board was just garbage from bitter people.

The site and therefore the board are the property of the track and no business owner in his/her right mind would leave something on that site that would discourage people from patronizing that business.

Ok, let the bashing of me begin,

Alan

modfan#22
08-08-2009, 10:09 PM
:applause::applause::applause::applause::applause: :applause::applause:

kinserfan11
08-09-2009, 08:21 PM
Allan; i have sayong that for months now that people are NEVER Happy unless they got something to moan about or complain about the track they go to every week; all BS has to stop because before you know it ; most tracks will close because stupid people turn fans away :mad:

White Lightnin
08-09-2009, 09:21 PM
You know what I always noticed? When you looked up at the users that were viewing the forum, you would often see "Mahoning Official" clear as day. Throughout the worst of the threads, Gena would be there watching but never once said anything to stop it. She could have put an end to it long ago.

W. J.
08-09-2009, 09:21 PM
Allan, I agree with you to a point. A properly moderated board would eliminate the senseless negativity, even amidst cries about freedom of speech, and address the real problems presented there. Many shout about freedom of speech, but forget the obligation to make that speech in a responsible manner. It may have gotten to the point where those who would post such information were driven away by the cry babies, and if that is the case, it needed to be better regulated earlier. Forums can serve a useful purpose if done responsibly. This one is a good example of that.

White Lightnin
08-09-2009, 09:37 PM
The one thing that they did wrong, by deleting the forum, is that they also deleted the classifieds. I know a lot of racers that bought and sold parts using that board. It's a shame that the real racers have to lose an outlet like that.

W. J.
08-09-2009, 09:59 PM
If it was that good, maybe they will rebuild?