PDA

View Full Version : Wall Stadium

chrome horn
08-08-2009, 04:03 PM
Just received a call from there. Over 20 mods on hand for tonites twin 50's. Hopefully I can get a few more updates.

chrome horn
08-08-2009, 08:59 PM
1st race
Pete brittain won followed by blewett, sessley, tc & hirschman. They are gonna do an invert for the next 50

chrome horn
08-08-2009, 10:38 PM
2nd race
Jimmy Blewett won Justin Gumley 2nd.... TC finished 7th....
Sorry I don't know more. My source needed to go help load up the car

Axel
08-08-2009, 11:59 PM
2nd race had a pretty scary wreck too. TC and Jaime were running side by side on the back stretch. Didnt see what happened, but Jaime went into the wall and Matt Hirschman went right up and over his car.

Jamie was OK, but his car was pretty mucked up. TC got a lot of boos, but I honestly didnt asee what happened.

gmac19
08-09-2009, 01:05 AM
they ran side by side out of two..and teddy didnt give jaime a lot of room and they touched..and matt had no where to go and ended up flying over jaimes car...and than sessley went to pass teddy and teddy chopped him as well..i guess some will say..:"well thats racin" oh well..

zombo
08-09-2009, 02:13 AM
they ran side by side out of two..and teddy didnt give jaime a lot of room and they touched..and matt had no where to go and ended up flying over jaimes car...and than sessley went to pass teddy and teddy chopped him as well..i guess some will say..:"well thats racin" oh well..

that's tc racing. he wrecked a few tonight. he ran tomaino up high and pinched him into the fence. it's too bad because tomaino had him and maybe he could've won it.

Chris
08-09-2009, 09:51 AM
Jamie Just can't catch a break. He would have won that race. For once I was hopeing Jimmy would would dump the leader (TC). At least he was able to give him a taste of his own music and received cheers for it. A strong crowd was on hand. If last night is an indication the October race could be a sell out.

mattphoto
08-09-2009, 12:39 PM
how many cars were on hand for both races

ModTourMan
08-09-2009, 12:48 PM
It was great to see Tomaino running so strong at Wall again. He was side by side with TC before he ran out of room and rode the guard rail on the back stretch. Great, hard racing but TC should have given him a bit more room in my opinion...of course we're only talking a few inches on a track like Wall. I really hate to see wrecks but least the packed house were treated to some WILD racing on that and other restarts in both of the twin 50's! The big crowd and cooler weather made for a pleasant night at Wall. I was pleased because I brought the whole family to the show and everyone had a blast! My old buddies from the 70's and 80's were there and the racing inspired a lot of nostalgia. It was great hangin' with Axel as always. Alex, I forgot to mention that you just missed the fried Oreos last night! My niece purchased them and shared them with the family...there were mixed reviews on the taste. Needless to say, I passed on the offer. The one uneaten fried Oreo was discarded and somehow wound up on the ground where it was trodden on by my mom and two daughters making quite a mess...those things are evil I tell ya!

W. J.
08-09-2009, 01:16 PM
how many cars were on hand for both racesAccording to Wall's website 22 in 1st race, 21 in 2nd.

www.wallspeedway.com

zombo
08-09-2009, 02:40 PM
According to Wall's website 22 in 1st race, 21 in 2nd.

www.wallspeedway.com

there were 23 cars. one could not take the green for some reason.

W. J.
08-09-2009, 04:52 PM
I was going with the posted finishes since no one else had answered the question. Thanks for clearing that up. How come Ely wasn't in the 2nd feature?

mattphoto
08-09-2009, 05:31 PM
good car counts for the mods.

KyleMac45
08-09-2009, 09:20 PM
BRITTAIN AND BLEWETT WIN TOUR MOD TWIN 50’S

AT WALL STADIUM SATURDAY

WALL TOWNSHIP, N.J. ~ Veteran stock car drivers Pete Brittain of Cream Ridge and Jimmy Blewett of Howell each raced to victory in twin 50-lap main events for tour type Modified stock cars in front of a large crowd at Wall Stadium Saturday night. While Brittain led every lap of the first race to take the win, Blewett raced from the rear of the 22-car field to win the second race after an early crash sent him to the pit area for repairs.

When Brittain rocketed to the lead in the first Modified race, Anthony Sesely of Matawan was his first challenger as Blewett rode third. Blewett advanced to second on a lap seven restart and then wrestled with Brittain the rest of the way. Sesely held a tight third to the finish, while invaders Ted Christopher of Plainfield, Ct. and Matt Hirschman of Northampton, Pa. were fourth and fifth.

“I have to thank the crew and Don Ling for this win,” said Brittain after his first win at the track since 1990. “Jimmy (Blewett) gave me all I could handle, but he drove me like a gentleman all the way.”

The second Modified 50-lapper was wild from start to finish. After a lap three restart crash sent Blewett to the pit area for repairs, Earl Paules of Palmerton, Pa. led until his motor blew on the front stretch on lap 19. Christopher, the reigning NASCAR Modified champion, then took the lead with Jamie Tomaino of Howell on his bumper. On the ensuing restart Tomaino charged to the outside lane in an attempt to pass for the lead, but the duo touched and Tomaino’s car slammed the guard rail before Hirschman’s mount drove over the top of Tomaino’s car on the backstretch. No injuries were reported.

Sesely was Christopher’s next challenger on the following restart, but when Sesely dove low for the pass Christopher blocked his path and Sesely spun from contention.

But multi-time 2009 winner Jimmy Blewett was on a mission.

By lap 20 Blewett had climbed from last to third and quickly raced past Colts Neck’s Justin Gumley for second. Blewett then needed just a few laps to size up Christopher before diving to the inside lane to take the lead on lap 25. From that point on it was all Blewett for the win, with Gumley, Hirschman, Brian Cranmer and Sesely completing the top five.

“He wasn’t going to come into my house and do that,” Blewett said after the race in reference to the controversial driving style of Ted Christopher. “How’d I get by him? I booted the booter!

“I have to thank everyone who works on the car for this one. It was wrecked pretty bad after that early crash. They fixed it and made it run pretty fast.”

Joe King of Galloway crossed the finish line first in the Calabreeze Pools Sportsman 25-lapper, but when his No. 59 failed post-race tech point leader Kevin Eyres of Colts Neck was awarded his third straight win. Charlie Kremer of Toms River, Scott Ferris, Howell’s Kevin Davison and Andrew Krause of East Brunswick were second through fifth.

When early leader Roger Coss of Lafayette spun from the top spot on a slick track Trevor Alspach of Willingboro took the win in the 25-lapper for the INEX Legend Cars. Edison’s Brian Spencer, Mark Tischler of Martinsville, Malcolm Campbell of Eatontown and Kevin Nowak of Medford, N.Y. completed the top five.

Carl Thomas of Tinton Falls wrestled the lead away from Jackson’s Howie Conk on lap 19 and went on to win the 25-lapper for the Street Stocks. Gregg Miranda of Hazlet chased the four-time winner across the finish line, with Ralph Gargiulo of Allenwood, Mike Tillett of Bayville and Conk rounding out the top five.

After restarting the Three Quarter Midget 25-lap race from the rear of the field after being involved in an early crash, Ian Cumens of Lyndell, Pa. raced to his first ever win over his sister, Alison Cumens. Don Adams, Paul Lotier and Mike Janisch were third through fifth.

Whitey Miller of Jamesburg crossed the finish line first in the 20-lap nightcap for the Factory Stocks. Mike Bilello of Neptune, Union’s Joey Helberg, Roy Farfel of Wall and Ricky Williams of Brick completed the top five.

Wall Stadium races back into action this Saturday night, August 15, with the Red Bank Sleep Shoppe Modifieds returning to compete in the 76 lap “John Blewett III Memorial.” The Sportsman cars, Street Stocks, Legend Cars and Factory Stocks will also compete in regular distance action.

The day will start at high noon when competitor gates open, while a two hour paid practice session will begin at 1:00 p.m. The day’s regularly scheduled practice will run from 3:30 p.m. until 5:30 p.m., while spectator seating opens at 4:00 p.m. Qualifying for all divisions begins at 6:00 p.m. with main event racing starting at 7:30 p.m.

Wall Stadium presents professional motorsports events every Saturday night through Labor Day. Most Sunday afternoons feature the “Small Car Series” on the fifth mile paved “inner oval.” Legend Cars, Bandoleros, TQ Midgets, Open Karts, Champ Karts, Microstocks and World Formulas are on the card. For more information on the Sunday Series visit http://wtssundayseries.synthasite.com

Wall Stadium is located on Route 34 in Wall Township, N.J., just one mile north of Garden State Parkway exit 98 and Interstate 195 exit 35B. The speedway office is open from 10:00 a.m. until 4:00 p.m. Tuesday through Friday and all day Saturday during events. The speedway hotline number is 732-681-6400, while more information is also available at www.wallspeedway.com.

- END -

1ST MODIFIED FEATURE – 50 Laps – 1. PETE BRITTAIN, CREAM RIDGE, 2. Jimmy Blewett, 3. Anthony Sesely, 4. Ted Christopher, 5. Matt Hirschman, 6. Steven Reed, 7. Jamie Tomaino, 8. Earl Paules, 9. Tony Ferrante, 10. Kyle Ebersole, 11. Brian Cranmer, 12. Marc Rogers, 13. Andy Walko, 14. Justin Gumley, 15. Dave Cranmer, 16. Tim Arre, 17. Amber Levandowski, 18. Todd Baer, 19. Ryan Russo, 20. Steve Whitt, 21. Rich Ely, 22. Tom Cottrell

2ND MODIFIED FEATURE – 50 Laps – 1. JIMMY BLEWETT, HOWELL, 2. Gumley, 3. Hirschman, 4. Brian Cranmer, 5. Sesely, 6. Brittain, 7. Christopher, 8. Ebersole, 9. Reed, 10. Dave Cranmer, 11. Rogers, 12. Cottrell, 13. Russo, 14. Ferrante, 15. Baer, 16. Tomaino, 17. Paules, 18. Levandowski, 19. Arre, 20. Walko, 21. Whitt

SPORTSMAN FEATURE – 25 Laps – 1. KEVIN EYRES, COLTS NECK, 2. Charlie Kremer III, 3. Scott Ferris, 4. Kevin Davison, 5. Andrew Krause, 6. Jared Okerson, 7. Tommy Kearns, 8. Phil Janda, 9. Rich Bruno, 10. Brian Hamer, 11. Bruce Roslin, 12. Rich DeSarno, 13. Danielle Rondeau, 14. Matt Przemielewski, 15. Robert Sutphin, 16. Randy MacConnell, 17. Dan Roslin, DQ Joe King

LEGEND CARS FEATURE – 25 Laps – 1. TREVOR ALSPACH, WILLINGBORO, 2. Brian Spencer, 3. Mark Tischler, 4. Malcolm Campbell, 5. Kevin Nowak, 6. Derek Hopkinson, 7. Roger Coss, 8. Ron Poley, 9. Robert French, 10. Mike Fulton, 11. Bobby Baltera, 12. Justin Alicchio, 13. Rich Alspach, 14. Beth MacFarlane, 15. Zach Alspach, 16. Eric Neumann, 17. Francis Cottrell

STREET STOCK FEATURE – 25 Laps – 1. CARL THOMAS, TINTON FALLS, 2. Gregg Miranda, 3. Ralph Gargiulo, 4. Mike Tillett, 5. Howie Conk, 6. Mike Kennedy, 7. Dave Jennings, 8. Anthony Donnamaria, 9. Jerry Stanzione, 10. Bill Vanderveen, 11. Scott Kurzwell, 12. Jim Downey, 13. Elliott Wohl

TQ MIDGET FEATURE – 25 Laps – 1. IAN CUMENS, LYNDELL, PA., 2. Alison Cumens, 3. Don Adams, 4. Paul Lotier, 5. Mike Janisch, 6. Tim Behmer, 7. Tim Proctor, 8. Matt Roselli, 9. Rudy Boetticher, 10. Robin Johnson, 11. Kyle Gardner, 12. Bruce Leote, 13. Austin Fels, 14. Frank Fischer, 15. Bing Metz, 16. Mike Tidaback, 17. Dave Williams

FACTORY STOCK FEATURE – 20 Laps – 1. WHITEY MILLER, JAMESBURG, 2. Mike Bilello, 3. Joey Helberg, 4. Roy Farfel, 5. Ricky Williams, 6. Jon Meyer, 7. Rob Longo, 8. Joe Mongeau, 9. Steve Lynch, 10. Joe Cooley, 11. Chris Felber, 12. John Bowers, 13. Dan Birdsall, 14. Steve Moncur, 15. Todd Pilla, 16. Paul Hartwig, 17. Richard Petey

Jeff Gravatt

Brian Hawks
08-09-2009, 10:27 PM
Was that Brian Cranmer or Brian Crammer? Did Hot Pockets make an appearance and get a top 5?

KyleMac45
08-09-2009, 10:30 PM
Hot Pockets raced last night...

Who's_Harry?
08-09-2009, 10:48 PM
Good job HP! Someone put that kid in a car for Bristol!!!

zombo
08-10-2009, 01:24 AM
I was going with the posted finishes since no one else had answered the question. Thanks for clearing that up. How come Ely wasn't in the 2nd feature?

i think he broke something in the first feature. not entirely sure, though.