PDA

View Full Version : Congrats; John

mbgolfer
08-09-2009, 10:52 AM
Way to go! another win, keep chipping at the pts.:applause:

greggforce01
08-10-2009, 03:05 PM
Congrats to John & crew.

One question with the mods, what's going on with these restarts in turn 3? Same thing 2 weeks ago when the race had to be restarted 3 different times because they took off too early? It seems to be coming a habit.

fastgal
08-10-2009, 03:08 PM
ask mr fortin why he started in three

W. J.
08-10-2009, 03:39 PM
ask Mr Fortin why he started in threeGive it a rest, the officials addressed it...eventually.

fastgal
08-10-2009, 04:03 PM
why should i give it a rest? i wasn't driving thats why i said what i said.:D

RGeeProductions
08-10-2009, 04:35 PM
The officials did address it with the drivers at the track, and on the track in fact as that's where the meeting was, before racing on Saturday. I guess that's what they all agreed on. Starts should be turn 4 and restarts in turn 3. There has been a line there for that purpose for quite awhile.

Jaykwaz
08-10-2009, 04:44 PM
No driver I spoke to said that restarts were changed to turn 3. Also on the subject of the mufflers falling off I remember Kenny Heagy losing a win because of his muffler falling off, and another instance where I was spotting for Jarrod Hayes when he was winning a late model race and he was sent to the pits for his muffler falling off. Basically the 51, 25 and others were screwed satruday night with the restarts and mufflers. On the other hand I also remember Lenny Fisher being able to stay on the track for a win when his muffler fell off. So like usual we will debate everything to death and still nothnig will ever change. Except for the rules of course.

***EDIT: Roger Turbush was warned just this saturday night in the truck race that if he started the race too early again he was going to be sent to the rear.

nflobster
08-10-2009, 10:54 PM
i thought they ran tour rules? you cannot race without your complete exhaust on the tour. and i must say those re starts were bogus at best. it's ashame they didn't put him to the back for going before before he got to the turn 3 gate (thats more than a little early). or the speed up off two then hit the brakes to pile everyone up... true class act

Ace
08-11-2009, 09:30 AM
Speaking of restarts, the Mod restarts have been a joke all year. Haven't seen anyone restart close to the line in 4. If it was changed this past week, why would the flagman and the official on the backstretch point towards the start/finish line?

W. J.
08-11-2009, 11:20 AM
The officials did address it with the drivers at the track, and on the track in fact as that's where the meeting was, before racing on Saturday. I guess that's what they all agreed on. Starts should be turn 4 and restarts in turn 3. There has been a line there for that purpose for quite awhile.Actually, at this year's rules meetings in January, it was stated that all restarts would be from the line in turn 4 only. Take that for whatever value you'd like.
Mr. Fortin was warned through his spotter late in the race (I heard this on Nascar radio freq.) that restarts would be done in turn 4, or there would be consequences. Thereafter (once, I think), he restarted in turn 4.

catfish
08-11-2009, 11:32 AM
That's amazing 12 weeks into the season, he's won 4 times and still has to be told where to restart the race from, that's absolute ridiculousness and the fact that the officials are STILL REMINDING instead of putting people to the rear 12 weeks in is pitiful.

Gwrecked
08-11-2009, 03:35 PM
What is the proper procedure when second place thinks he should get a car legnth on first going into turn 3, I cant find it in the rule book, but i know a few of you had a fresh look at it this week.

sobe
08-11-2009, 03:49 PM
What is the proper procedure when second place thinks he should get a car legnth on first going into turn 3, I cant find it in the rule book, but i know a few of you had a fresh look at it this week.

you mean when the leader decided to finally slow up the pace

maestri fan 1
08-11-2009, 07:55 PM
Glad i've only been to the track 4 times this year.... Judging by all the BS on this site i'm not missing a damn thing. It's a real shame, people tell me not to talk bad about the track, because its all we have, etc. Yet every week it's something new. Not 1 week has gone by that there wasn't any crap about finishes, drivers, cheaters, etc. on this site. I have been going to the track since 1996, it was fun, and I got older and more understanding of what goes on, wow it's horrible. No consistancy as it shows in this thread to rules, fasvoritism and the list goes on and on. It's a real shame, i've grown up and truly watched probably my favorite place go from fun to absolutely terrible. CHANGES ARE NEEDED!!!!!!!!!

Matt Greenan

p.s. these are my opinions and only mine. No one has influenced my thoughts other than myself.

Buckshot11
08-11-2009, 09:58 PM
Ha ha, thats all you haters got? When did Johns muffler fall off, lap 35 or something? When did anyone BEFORE or after that even come close to challenging him for first place...umm....never!:wave: Its not like the muffler fell off and he was all of a sudden faster.

As for the restarts, yes they were before the line, why? Look at the tapes and watch how far the 2nd place car is AHEAD of him in turn 3. It was almost a full car length at one point.

The haters can keep on hating and we'll keep on wining!:applause:

catfish
08-11-2009, 10:20 PM
Settle down if the rule is you have to have a muffler that does not mean you only need it for 34 laps technically that means it must be there before and after the race in order to pass tech. Nothing to do with Haters.

Gwrecked
08-12-2009, 12:03 AM
Apparently you neglected to mention the rule that states they have to flag him during the race, or give him the chance to fix it during the race. But i guess that wouldnt support your rediculous point huh? Next time you should try to be more thorough and we might take you seriously. Guess your just another hater, tired of gettin spanked. As far as restarts, I havnt seen a driver start at the line in turn four all season, they can talk about it all they want, but there are two people up front and you cant just let the guy on the outside go where he wants and blame the leader because he's trying to protect him self. Get over it !!!!!!!

catfish
08-12-2009, 09:10 AM
First off I am not a hater at all, in fact i could give a crap less who wins. My point is reading other threads and having been to the track both in the mods and other divisions people have been DQ'd for no mufflers(fell off or not), and people have been sent to the rear for not starting at the 4th turn. My point is the lack of EQUALITY and the lack of CONSISTENT decisions are what is killing this place. You can call me a hater all you want, I don't care but to sit there and say that its ok because the 2nd place car was going and its ok that my muffler fell off after 34 1/2 laps is pure BS. Call me a hater when you have no place to race because no one follows the rules and everyone thinks its ok and you end up with 5 cars in each division. Fair and consistent officiating is all anyone can ask for, and if asking for that makes me a hater, so be it !!!

Jaykwaz
08-12-2009, 10:28 AM
I am not hating, nor is my problem with John as I have congratulated him on his wins and spoke to him about how well Amber is doing. I know John and I haven't always seen eye to eye in the past but I don't hold grudges and I don't think he does either. My problem is with the inconsistency of officiating. Need to call it one way and keep it that way. Can't have different rules for different times. I understand a lot is judgement and you can't keep everyone happy at all times, but as long as you make the same calls for every division and every driver then most should be satisfied. I am not attacking one driver or any official in particualar as this has been a problem since I started coming to the track as a kid. I am sure it has been a problem since the Roman charriot races and every other track since then. But when absolutely nothing is done about it and we can't start a race with a full field of cars something has to be done. I don't want to hear about the economy because Eddie B. is out there buying one tire a week just so he can be in the race car having fun. The reason most drivers aren't here is because of the officiating and they feel they have been wronged in the past. We need a Long Island Jam Forum to keep track of who was penalized and who wasn't penalized for certain infractures. Many major sports have replays and baseball has the questech system grading their umpires. Maybe us as fans, crew and drivers need to take it upon ourselves to keep track of the calls to make sure they are more consistent. I could go on and on for about 3 more pages but I will quit typing before you all get bored.

fastgal
08-12-2009, 10:59 AM
i hope "haters" is being used as slang rather then ill will. however i think when people who don't race put up money to protest you only to have it rejected shows how much you might be disliked.

Buckshot11
08-12-2009, 12:58 PM
I am not hating, nor is my problem with John as I have congratulated him on his wins and spoke to him about how well Amber is doing. I know John and I haven't always seen eye to eye in the past but I don't hold grudges and I don't think he does either. My problem is with the inconsistency of officiating. Need to call it one way and keep it that way. Can't have different rules for different times. I understand a lot is judgement and you can't keep everyone happy at all times, but as long as you make the same calls for every division and every driver then most should be satisfied. I am not attacking one driver or any official in particualar as this has been a problem since I started coming to the track as a kid. I am sure it has been a problem since the Roman charriot races and every other track since then. But when absolutely nothing is done about it and we can't start a race with a full field of cars something has to be done. I don't want to hear about the economy because Eddie B. is out there buying one tire a week just so he can be in the race car having fun. The reason most drivers aren't here is because of the officiating and they feel they have been wronged in the past. We need a Long Island Jam Forum to keep track of who was penalized and who wasn't penalized for certain infractures. Many major sports have replays and baseball has the questech system grading their umpires. Maybe us as fans, crew and drivers need to take it upon ourselves to keep track of the calls to make sure they are more consistent. I could go on and on for about 3 more pages but I will quit typing before you all get bored.

Agreed ! :wave:

Buckshot11
08-12-2009, 01:22 PM
Let me clarify the term 'haters' as it is obviously being interpreted incorrectly. This post is entitled "Congrats; John", as so it should be for people who would like to read and/or post a Congratulations to John for winning. As your mother may or may not have told you, 'If you dont have anything nice to say dont say anything at all'. If you would like to discuss the issues of inconsistent and biased officiating then open another thread or just respond to the numerous threads that are going on every week.

As for the term haters, its meant as a generalization to the people who bring in their negative comments on what is supposed to be a post for positive attitudes. It was taken from the tour post on 'Riverhead Locals Shine', where advil said 'it was nice while it lasted here come the haters .Regardless great job to the local guys.' It is not meant as a term for people who 'Hate John'.

Rules should be followed and officiating should be unbiased; the two issues being addressed in this post had no effect on John winning. They're only trying to rain on our parade.:wave:

catfish
08-12-2009, 01:39 PM
I will end my involvement in this thread by saying your correct Buckshot, all it takes is the scent of negativity and the thread goes to hell in a hurry. I agree and meant no malice toward John or any other drivers or officials for that matter. Your right all anybody looks for is a fair shake and equal treatment. Nuff said

RGeeProductions
08-12-2009, 02:40 PM
This thread WAS a congrats to John for winning. Being we can't keep to that topic, it is closed.....
Maybe when the track is no longer there, the good will come out. But then it will be too late, won't it????