PDA

View Full Version : what is a heat race?

DriveitinDeep
08-09-2009, 04:12 PM
weren't theye those things they had before features that gave you time to work on your car and new guys seat time under race conditions? I'm: not just talking about the LM's either. I believe that's what they were but it's been so long I guess my memory is going. :confused:

SuperShafts
08-09-2009, 05:36 PM
There races for qualifying order, or also in some cases after qualifying to get into a few last spots in the field.

J.D.
08-09-2009, 05:41 PM
weren't theye those things they had before features that gave you time to work on your car and new guys seat time under race conditions? I'm: not just talking about the LM's either. I believe that's what they were but it's been so long I guess my memory is going. :confused:

I still think they should have heat races,to determine starting positions for the feature. They could use the handcaping system for the heats.I think it would make the racing alot more interesting. When I go to a race without heat races ,it doesn't feel like a full night of racing.

DriveitinDeep
08-09-2009, 06:08 PM
Hey SS,
just in case you didn't know, that was sarcasm:wave:

vsmidge68
08-09-2009, 06:22 PM
lol Rog...I too remember heat races....that was when they had car counts...Now it seems they just want to get the show over early..

nobandwagonhere
08-09-2009, 10:45 PM
When I was a kid, most of those "heat races" were better than the feature!!:rolleyes:

allhailunc
08-10-2009, 02:37 AM
heat races only work when the car count is there.damn i can remember 4 heats and 2 consi's in the blunderbusts alone-never mind the other divisions.nowadays you have to be greatful you come close to filling a field

Jaykwaz
08-13-2009, 12:46 PM
to make it more exciting, bring back the heats and make a points system for it. It wirks at other tracks and makes the racing good all night.

allhailunc
08-13-2009, 01:56 PM
good idea-12lms 2 heats 2-3 cars get Fubarred(happens many times) then what?INstead have each division time and run them from there.saw it work at both Langley&The Bullring in Vegas

Jaykwaz
08-13-2009, 03:18 PM
Heats with points works well at Mountain