PDA

View Full Version : the 53?

nflobster
08-09-2009, 07:29 PM
whats the story? i heard dq then a protest of the finish order and on the main page it says the 15 gets the win? also this was not the 53's first dq of the year was it because i seem to remember a header or muffler was wrong. that guy can't catch a break but the car looks good (considering he was on his lid last race.)

RGeeProductions
08-09-2009, 07:32 PM
At the track it was announced, mind you, I was in the infield, that #53 refused tech. Now, 2 more statements about the finish were mentioned but with cars coming onto the track, I could not hear exactly what was said. #15 Timmy Solomito got the win.

nflobster
08-09-2009, 07:37 PM
thanks for the quick reply. i don't understand why you would race for the win and refuse inspection afterwards?:confused: he always seems to run well as well as having good looking stuff.

Richie25
08-09-2009, 10:32 PM
nowak wsa dqed for refusing to have his battery weighed, he did the 1st half of tech with measurements cheek on control arms. this is infact his 3rd dq this year twice at riverhead and one at bethel. the protest was from the 49 for thier finish position.

fred card
08-10-2009, 09:17 AM
inex rules are not being used by a few cars i know at least tw0 cars at riverhead ,highly illegal maybe send these to nc to be checked

jgloor8
08-10-2009, 10:52 AM
wait am i hearing this correctly? the 49 protested the finish? and the officials denied my protest! wow........

53ny
08-10-2009, 01:31 PM
:cool:You can DQ me,DISCREDIT me,but you cant DISCOURAGE me.........:cheers::wave:

watchinurace
08-10-2009, 02:08 PM
nowak wsa dqed for refusing to have his battery weighed, he did the 1st half of tech with measurements cheek on control arms. this is infact his 3rd dq this year twice at riverhead and one at bethel. the protest was from the 49 for thier finish position.

the protest was from the 49 for thier finish position.[/QUOTE]

Please get your facts straight. The 49 didnt protest anything...

Richie25
08-10-2009, 04:16 PM
the protest was from the 49 for thier finish position.

Please get your facts straight. The 49 didnt protest anything...[/QUOTE]

ok you were talking to the officials about were chris was supposed to have finished, is that any better for you it may not have been a protest but you were fighting for his spot pretty good. Which i dont see how you got it back. you guys were leaking oil pulled to the box and was told to pull to the infield, and the car was towed off. while everyone else was driving around for a few more laps the checker flew and the 49 did not cross the line to take it, so how chris gets 4th i have no idea. if he got his spot back so should all who were involved in that last caution. i just dont see how you had nothing to do with getting chris to finish 4th

but there were numerous protest on the finishing order so i am pretty sure i am correct on that.

RacinRob
08-10-2009, 05:13 PM
:disgusted damn Richie you seem to know a lot about Nowak, hes flattered. You must be a huge fan.....you knew his every dq! Anyway, Nowak's car made overall weight altered battery or not. In fact it was 41 lbs heavy, so I don't see much of an advantage...but hey, guess he just got that target on his back.

The Bullfather
08-10-2009, 05:28 PM
Rob doesn't change the fact that he was DQ'ed for the second time after winning this year. I'm a friend of Nowak, but he got caught more than once, so have other drivers in the past! But when you get caught people will always judge you on that and some people won't!!! Kevin Nowak is a good guy to just shoot the breeze with and chill with, but fact are facts.

rrealto
08-10-2009, 05:48 PM
Target on his back?? OK Rob. You justify it anyway ytou want.
The guy gets the same tech everyone else gets. Last week they made people pull rears and he was not teched. Did he have a target on his back upstate too. Too tired to pull the aluminum.
Don't blame Rich, he is not the the guy who is ripping off the people he races with and embarassing the division by doing this three times.
Run a legal car. You are fast enough to win legal.

jgloor8
08-10-2009, 05:50 PM
ok....please get yur fact straight.....u cannot protest a race nor a finish until the official resuts are posted....from that point u have 20 min. to protest a race....my facts are straight....still my protest of my finish was rejectd from officials?

RacinRob
08-10-2009, 05:51 PM
im nto saying that hes is right for the dq's i just think theres no need to throw him under the bus. Thats it....and as for the target, after the first time the target is warranted....just didnt think it was necessary to keep a tally on how many times thats all...sorry if it got taken the wrong way. He was dqd and thats that doesnt matter if it was once or 50 times.

The Bullfather
08-10-2009, 05:53 PM
One person got screwed from another car leaking oil! 15year old J.D. Abrahams!!! Great run kid! Everything else was just the way it was, Solomito got lucky twice! 1st he was spinning while 91 spun in turns 2-3, second was the final spin, Timmy was sitting 3rd.

attituderacing
08-10-2009, 06:23 PM
Timmy was getting dumped when the 91 was already spun in turn one and there was a mufler on the track down the back stretch

RacinRob
08-10-2009, 06:27 PM
The 15 was turned more or less after the caution came out....

SuperShafts
08-10-2009, 06:31 PM
:disgusted damn Richie you seem to know a lot about Nowak, hes flattered. You must be a huge fan.....you knew his every dq! Anyway, Nowak's car made overall weight altered battery or not. In fact it was 41 lbs heavy, so I don't see much of an advantage...but hey, guess he just got that target on his back.

Not a target, the top 3 get the go over

I happen to agree...If you put the missing 8 lbs back...the outcome was the same..

Now some people are saying some harsh stuff though....

Hows this for fair....

Weigh everyone, heaviest car with driver is the weight everyone must meet..
Now that is fair....

If the car was under total weight by 8 lbs i would understand enforcing the rule

attituderacing
08-10-2009, 06:56 PM
This class is a spec class. They have their rules and everyone is supose to run by them.

SuperShafts
08-10-2009, 07:35 PM
I understand that....but when you have specs and everyone has the same motor and can not touch it along with other rules.....very much like classes in drag racing....You meet the Heaviest car or there is weight brake figured on hp based on time...giving the heavier/hp the handicapp...
When some complain about 8 lbs and there lighter to begin with there is a problem that needs attention.

Racer18
08-10-2009, 07:58 PM
The results or that race were Bull $hit. How a car can get there position back after being hooked up to a tow truck because they could not get the car running is rediculouse. I think we all know that if it was some one other then the 49 we would have been put to the back.

jgloor8
08-10-2009, 08:14 PM
thank u racer18.........exactly my point heres a perfect example....the 8 car WAS put to the back....should have got a 3rd but the officials ruled him as part of the caution?? he didnt touch the 33 or the 37 and continued under his own power for 2 laps under caution....

rangerfn7
08-10-2009, 08:43 PM
The 49 gets his spot back but yet the 37 and the 8 dont. If the caution came out for the 33 spinning and 1 car gets his spot back why not all. I can see no for the 8 if the 49 does not get his spot back. Neither car took the checkered when all cars where relined in order for the checkered to be thrown 49 and 8 are off track by then 37 still on track. Sounds fishy to me but at least we all know there is no favoritism. I need help can someone please explain this to me. Thanks Pete for the compliment. It was a great run by JD after having a car we thought was done for the year.

Joe

jgloor8
08-10-2009, 08:47 PM
well il tell u this the whole time i was in the car i was rooting for JD.......i cant believe the 49 got his spot back.....in no way did i touch the 33 or the 37 i avoided the spin and continued....but yur rite that fishy smell does smell a bit like favoritism

Racer18
08-10-2009, 08:53 PM
i was rooting for JD as well he runs every one clean and has earned alot of respect from all of us. I cant say the same for others.

rangerfn7
08-10-2009, 08:54 PM
Transponders would sure be nice no ? asked.

jgloor8
08-10-2009, 09:58 PM
i ask that question all the time.....but the officials will do nothing about it they told me....maybe if we approach them about the transponders as a division somthing will get changed....but other than that nothing will get changed in that circus there running....but then again if theres transponders favoritism wouldnt be possible....so i dont see this happening

nflobster
08-10-2009, 10:58 PM
so i wasn't the only one confused about the race. and i must say i did see the 49 on the hook so no way he finished:rolleyes:

W. J.
08-10-2009, 11:05 PM
I wasn't there. They didn't count the laps run under caution. They went to the last completed green flag lap, and that's how it was probably scored. does that sound like why this was done this way.
I'm just throwing it out there for all to think about.

nflobster
08-10-2009, 11:10 PM
they relined the field for a yellow checker and finished it that way but the 49 was on the hook going into the pits not on the track. bad call if they put him up front

watchinurace
08-11-2009, 12:02 AM
Please get your facts straight. The 49 didnt protest anything...

ok you were talking to the officials about were chris was supposed to have finished, is that any better for you it may not have been a protest but you were fighting for his spot pretty good. Which i dont see how you got it back. you guys were leaking oil pulled to the box and was told to pull to the infield, and the car was towed off. while everyone else was driving around for a few more laps the checker flew and the 49 did not cross the line to take it, so how chris gets 4th i have no idea. if he got his spot back so should all who were involved in that last caution. i just dont see how you had nothing to do with getting chris to finish 4th

but there were numerous protest on the finishing order so i am pretty sure i am correct on that.[/QUOTE]

Richie,
Maybe you werent standing close enough to over hear my entire conversation with the officials, so next time introduce yourself and I will be glad to invite you in on our conversation so you have the facts.
I just want to be clear I didnt "fight" for any position for Chris.What ever finish the officials deemed final would have been accepted (without protest) by the 49. The reason being, I am quite proficient at scoring and also well versed at knowing, understanding and applying the rules. Attempting to submit a written protest of an official finish is a complete waste of time and energy. That being said however I would always encourage a dialog with the appropiate officials should you have an opinion or complaint about a finish.
I also encourage anyone who doesnt understand the official finish to Sundays race to speak directly to the Race Director for clarification.

RGeeProductions
08-11-2009, 12:33 AM
The race finish was per the last completed lap. They did not line up for a yellow/checkered. They were lining up to possibly start again then the official word came out to throw the checkered under that yellow.

nflobster
08-11-2009, 06:51 AM
thats the problem. the 49 got his spot back even though he was wrecked while the others did not. this opens a big can of worms. i've seen problems with scoring already this year so throw this into the works and it's gonna be ugly.

W. J.
08-11-2009, 07:09 AM
Okay, thanks for the clarification. Now I think I understand what the beef is all about.

modprincess8x
08-11-2009, 08:38 AM
The whole place is a joke! The only rule that is consistent is that all rules are up to the discretion of the officials! They do what they want and it is all based on their mood at that given time. What they do for one race is never the same for the next race, may not even be the same for the next caution. Rule books at Riverhead are a waste of paper and rule meetings at the beginning of the year are a waste of time, it all means nothing!

Nowak- you should have went through tech, just because your car was illegal at the end of the race doesn't mean you would have gotten DQed. Should have taken your chances on the officals mood.

Of course this is all being said with a positive attitude as per the request of the Cromartys at the "beginning of the year" meeting in the pits.

RacinRob
08-11-2009, 08:42 AM
Keri you have just won the award for post of the year lol.....couldn't of said it any better.

BOWATCHER
08-11-2009, 05:32 PM
how many cars does 53 have? I see he finished 5th at wall

BBI1432
08-11-2009, 05:42 PM
5.... 3 orange 2 green :wave:

rrealto
08-11-2009, 06:08 PM
Are any of them legal?

BBI1432
08-11-2009, 06:29 PM
53a muffler :disgusted
53b rearend :disgusted
53c battery :disgusted
53d & e 100% legal for the national's :cool:

fresh one on the jig will be legal for 2010 :wave:

rangerfn7
08-11-2009, 06:36 PM
Gotta love kevin's honesty I dont know about anyone else but it puts a smile on my face.

woot lawrence
08-11-2009, 07:05 PM
I thought the 53e had traction control :lol:

RacinRob
08-11-2009, 07:11 PM
And he has a stacker trailer.....aluminum for weight reduction!

BOWATCHER
08-11-2009, 07:32 PM
But did that battery cross state lines this past weekend??LOL!!!!

maestri fan 1
08-11-2009, 07:43 PM
So the 53 was NOT protested, right?

oldschool
08-11-2009, 08:58 PM
he soaks his tires too... in vats of turpentine and crazy glue...

Racer18
08-11-2009, 09:11 PM
the funny thing about the transponders is...from what i hear the wire for them is already in the track, the WKA uses it for there national events

Richie25
08-11-2009, 10:12 PM
the funny thing about the transponders is...from what i hear the wire for them is already in the track, the WKA uses it for there national events

you are correct james the transponder wire was put in when WKA ran there 1st regional at riverhead. its been there for at least 3-4 years

woot lawrence
08-11-2009, 11:48 PM
he soaks his tires too... in vats of turpentine and crazy glue...

mallomars, you gotta put the mallomars inside the tires for better traction :lol:

All Trucked Up
08-11-2009, 11:59 PM
which car had the gsxr 1000 motor in it, b or c? Good job at hiding the water cooled engine.

fred card
08-12-2009, 07:06 AM
grass must be a good business,that many cars,:cheers:

53ny
08-12-2009, 09:02 AM
Look what i found..:eek:..some go fast secrets........:cheers: http://www.racerhub.com/classifieds/showproduct.php?product=1653&cat=6

Hollywood
08-12-2009, 09:37 AM
OH MAN! I can't wait to get one of these cars! I thought the mods were tough.... LOL:cheers:

All Trucked Up
08-12-2009, 11:54 AM
Wonder if he is selling a heavy right foot along with them cheater parts. Don't wanna come up light if they weigh my foot. Also might need the manual on blaming other people when you wreck, or does that come with age?

Golf Guy
08-12-2009, 12:11 PM
come on Kevin we all know you are taking steroids to improve your driving and your name will soon surface in the 2003 MLB confidential report. Be a man and come clean now

vsmidge68
08-12-2009, 04:05 PM
ok who taught Brian how to spell confidential? that there is a perty big word for him...lol jk..

Buckshot11
08-12-2009, 05:42 PM
:cool:You can DQ me,DISCREDIT me,but you cant DISCOURAGE me.........:cheers::wave:

I think more drivers/crew should take happy lessons from Kevin. This guy picks up a DQ and has a bigger smile then most feature winners :D . You can say what you want about him, but if everyone's attitude at riverhead was half as positive as his people would have A LOT more fun!

Most people come of the tracking looking to kill someone for bumping their fender. Kevin goes head over heals down the back stretch and gives the fans a reenactment while laughing as he walks of the track.:wave:

No matter the situation he's always got me laughing. :applause:

Buckshot11
08-12-2009, 05:44 PM
I thought the 53e had traction control :lol:

Nah that's in the blazer ha ha :cheers::D

richardpetey
08-12-2009, 07:32 PM
Go get'em 53, you paid for those laps, enjoy'em, hehe..................:applause:
Remember! They can't tech the DRIVER....................:p
Welcome to the club, it doesn't make ya a bad person..............:angel:
UNCLE PETEY.................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

SuperShafts
08-12-2009, 10:41 PM
I think more drivers/crew should take happy lessons from Kevin. This guy picks up a DQ and has a bigger smile then most feature winners :D . You can say what you want about him, but if everyone's attitude at riverhead was half as positive as his people would have A LOT more fun!

Most people come of the tracking looking to kill someone for bumping their fender. Kevin goes head over heals down the back stretch and gives the fans a reenactment while laughing as he walks off the track.:wave:

No matter the situation he's always got me laughing. :applause:

Absolutely 100% spot on....

Not only other drivers in other divisions, but some diatribe fans also could take note..

rydogg97
08-13-2009, 08:04 AM
congrats to kevin!!i agree with buckshot that is great!the price to put car back together after tear down is more than prize money!!depending on what they ck.

SuperShafts
08-13-2009, 05:12 PM
True i don't think many people have any idea what's involved.. Rather walk away too