PDA

View Full Version : Pump me up.

Poppop
08-13-2009, 05:56 AM
I'm looking for advice again and I'm sure there is someone that doesn't mind sharing their experience to help me be a safer racer. I have never run street tires on a dirt/clay track so I havn't got a clue about what tire pressure to run. Lower pressure is usually better for traction but you still have to have enough to keep the tire on the rim unless you can run bead locks and that isn't an option.

Kenny #47

Tracy57
08-13-2009, 07:40 AM
When Larry ran at GV in July with the T-Bird we set the tires to LF 20, RF 26, LR 20 and RR 24

When he takes the Regal to BDR for Roadrunners the tires are set to LF 16, RF 18, LR 14 and RR 15

We usually pump them up to 30/32 before going to the track and then take air out in the pits once we see how the track conditions are, etc.

I keep a notebook on this stuff- like tire pressures, lap times, how the car ran, how many times it pitted, who hit who?, etc. It seems like after a few of the races, some information jumbles together! :lol:

Hey, there were even times when we pulled out of the diveway and asked ourselves which track we are gonig to! :lol:

Buckshot11
08-13-2009, 03:57 PM
Hey, there were even times when we pulled out of the diveway and asked ourselves which track we are gonig to! :lol:

Did you have to check your notebook haha jk :lol:

Tracy57
08-13-2009, 08:21 PM
Nah, we had to check the calendar instead! :lol::lol::lol:

I always get a bunch of calendars free every year so I made a racing calendar out of the one I got from ESU.

Poppop
08-14-2009, 05:19 AM
Thanks for the numbers Tracy, I'll give it a try and keep notes. Let's see; wrecked on lap2 - tire pressures all OK except the one that went in the pond, couldn't check that one.