PDA

View Full Version : It's a washout!

broz
08-13-2009, 02:29 PM
Thompson rained out and rescheduled for Sept. 3rd! Looks like everyone gets to rest now :applause:

Jaws
08-13-2009, 06:01 PM
1/2 way there when they canceled....blah

Got to hear Todd Szegedy and Dick Berggren speak about the tour on Sirius on the way home.

I think you will hear about Bristol a lot in the coming week.

wally28
08-13-2009, 06:39 PM
Its sunny as hell at 6:30 in new london!!

Modfan14
08-13-2009, 07:07 PM
I was at the track at noon and it was just cloudy.Could here Ben Dodge over the pit PA say they would make every effort and that the weather looked promising.About 2:15 he could be heard saying that there was no way with the weather forecast being what it was that they would race and therefore have to postpone.Well i live in east windsor ct and it was pretty much sunny all the way home.As for the forecast it was for clear the rest of the day/night,which as i write this it is.Bottom line every effort wasn't made.This show could of easily been run on time and completion tonight.This isn't the first time Thompson has done something like this.

Jaws
08-13-2009, 07:10 PM
I was at the track at noon and it was just cloudy.Could here Ben Dodge over the pit PA say they would make every effort and that the weather looked promising.About 2:15 he could be heard saying that there was no way with the weather forecast being what it was that they would race and therefore have to postpone.Well i live in east windsor ct and it was pretty much sunny all the way home.As for the forecast it was for clear the rest of the day/night,which as i write this it is.Bottom line every effort wasn't made.This show could of easily been run on time and completion tonight.This isn't the first time Thompson has done something like this.

Probably had something to do with the fear of a small crowd. What is this the 4th rain out at Thompson this year?

BigMac
08-13-2009, 07:43 PM
I drove by the track a few minutes after five and the skies were still spitting. Track was still wet. They made the right call.

Rabbit504
08-13-2009, 07:54 PM
Car owners should be happy for the most part.
All cars still in one piece.
Most teams I'm told leaving Sunday for Bristol.
It would be tough to repair anything in 2 days.

Jaws
08-13-2009, 08:06 PM
Just a small suggestion, Next year don't do 5 races in August! Especially the Wed. Bristol after THursday Thompson, I think Rabbit is riight, the teams got a break (But I sure wish I was watching a race right now!!)

Bullfrog
08-13-2009, 09:59 PM
Well, I'm happy to report that because it rained out tonight...I have booked a flight to New England for the Sep 3 make up race. Good timing... see you all in Bristol!

BF

Linda
08-14-2009, 08:59 AM
Just a small suggestion, Next year don't do 5 races in August! Especially the Wed. Bristol after THursday Thompson, I think Rabbit is riight, the teams got a break (But I sure wish I was watching a race right now!!)

I agree with Jaws. It's too much for the teams. There are hardly any races in the beginning of the schedule. I am glad we have these races on our schedule, just have them a little spaced out would be great.