PDA

View Full Version : Arne Pedersen

nobandwagonhere
08-16-2009, 12:48 PM
I got to give alot of credit to the 34. DQ or not that was one HELL of a run! You worked your *** off to hold that lead and I highly doubt -101lbs won that race. That was an awesome lead battle between BOTH you and Maynor and that was your race. Thank you for the show! Congrats!:cheers::cheers::cheers:

RickFigure8
08-16-2009, 04:26 PM
I agree, it was a great race, and that 100 pounds would not have made any difference. It might have even hurt him losing it. If it came off the front of the car he probably would not have made rear percentage and total weight and I heard no mention of percentage being too high so it was probably from the rear which means he probably lost some bite without that weight.

The Bullfather
08-16-2009, 04:29 PM
He started the race legal, but early on a lead weight fell out of the car, Roger didn't want to win #100 that way at all! Arne deserved that win, we had the modified race with Fortin taking the win after his muffler feel off. He started the race legal just like Arne. I don't want to stir the pot, but if the week before in the modified race same situation of a car starting legal but finishing illegal got the win due to something beyond their control, the same ruling should have been for the Figure 8 race. Arne worked extremely hard for that win without looking outside the box! Keep your head up, you did one heck of job wheeling that car!

RGeeProductions
08-16-2009, 07:04 PM
WOW!!! Them modified mufflers weigh 100 lbs.....dang

The Bullfather
08-16-2009, 07:24 PM
It is not the weight, the issue of starting legal and finishing the race illegal by some misfortune was the point if you look over my post, I hammer that home a few times!

RickFigure8
08-16-2009, 08:01 PM
The officials want to make very sure that weight is put in properly where it cannot fall out which is why all weight in every car has to be painted white with the cars number and division on it. Weight that comes off a car is confiscated by the officials and not allowed to be used when weighing a car the way bumpers and other parts are. It's in the rules and very cut and dry.

rydogg97
08-16-2009, 08:47 PM
regardless whether weight came off or not arne ran a great race!! he had the field covered. he has nothing to hang his head about he was awesome. thought it was great that fig drivers congratulated him. just a bad deal with the lead coming off. unfortunatly the officials followed the rules to the letter last night. he will be back i winners circle again.

RGeeProductions
08-16-2009, 09:26 PM
Just a note that my point above was that it was a poor comparision, that's all. I didn't think it was illegal if a muffler falls off.

figure849
08-18-2009, 07:29 PM
A great race by Arne.
We are all expecting another win real soon by both the Petersons.
Congratulations Arne.