PDA

View Full Version : DeLange Racing Newsletter

RGeeProductions
08-17-2009, 10:49 AM
GETTING READY FOR THE CARDS TO BE DEALT

Coming off a successful weekend, Eric Beers and the DeLange Racing Team are eager to return to Mahoning Valley Speedway in Lehighton, PA next Saturday night, August 22. The remaining 67 laps of the Third Hand of the Modified 100 Poker Series followed by the full 100 laps in Hand Four. They hope to expand on the momentum built by successful runs in back-to-back New York events at Spencer Speedway in Williamson and Dunn Tire Raceway Park in Lancaster, where Eric drove the #45 Horwith Trucking Modified to a fifth place finish in a Race of Champions Modified Tour 100-lapper on Friday night followed by a runner-up finish in the 50-lap Modified feature at his adopted home track on Saturday.

Now the focus turns south to Mahoning Valley Speedway on Saturday night, August 22. The night will begin with the remaining 67 laps in the Third Hand of the Modified 100 Poker Series, to be followed by a full program of racing highlighted by the Fourth Hand of Poker. Eric is anxious to rake in the pot from two winning deals and move a giant step closer to the overall championship and the laurels that go with it to be decided with Hand Five on October 3.

Team owner Dave DeLange expresses the feeling of the entire team with his sentiments. “I’m looking forward to Mahoning next weekend. We have two big races in one night to focus on – the completion of the one that rained out on July 18 and the full 100-lapper that was already scheduled. This Poker Tournament is a great idea. I’ve come to love that track and I’m looking forward to getting back to one of my favorite places to race next weekend. And to taking one more step to the Pot of Gold at the end of the rainbow to be awarded on October 3.”

It’s time to shuffle up and deal!

Bruce Boucher