PDA

View Full Version : Cancelled Show?

ViscontiRacing
08-18-2009, 10:08 PM
Why would Riverhead cancel the Legends for Sept 6th?
Not that Im involved in a points battle but there are guys that are. Plus, we have more cars than any other division every week. Not to mention that the racing is the most exciting to the fans.

RichF
08-18-2009, 10:30 PM
What a bummer, especially since the first show was a rain-out :(

dimaro68
08-19-2009, 11:41 AM
it's a shame that the racetrack cancels racing divisions and keep in the s@#t. Unfortunately, the s@#t is what the track feels brings in their cash. I wonder if they'll reduce the adult ticket price due to the divisions being canceled.

don38
08-19-2009, 12:02 PM
it's a shame that the racetrack cancels racing divisions and keep in the s@#t. Unfortunately, the s@#t is what the track feels brings in their cash. I wonder if they'll reduce the adult ticket price due to the divisions being canceled.

Nice attitude.....

fred card
08-19-2009, 12:30 PM
12 late models 30 legends always you do the math, agive other divisions extra shows, whats up with that

Golf Guy
08-19-2009, 01:19 PM
12 late models 30 legends always you do the math, agive other divisions extra shows, whats up with that

When was the last time the Legends completed a race on a Sunday?

fred card
08-19-2009, 02:07 PM
2 wks ago whats your point,still 30 legends

Richie25
08-19-2009, 02:39 PM
When was the last time the Legends completed a race on a Sunday?

golf guy if the sunday legend show's weren't so rushed along they would put on a ton better of a show. i am pretty dissapointed that a race was taken away, after talks of getting a time trial show early on in the season. give us the race back Riverhead. I dont see any reason why its was canceled in the 1st place. we raced last year with the enduros and monster trucks with no problems what so ever.

also forgot to add that the legends opening race was rained out so that's a lost race there to. and 1/2 the problem with the long legend races lately is the tow truck/ clean up crew. they take years to get the car off the track and when the cars get off the track they reside. to then clean up the track, weather it be oil or water whatever there always late on that type of clean up. so if time limit is the issue it should not be all pined on the drivers. its not theoir fault the cautions get so dragged out.

watchinurace
08-19-2009, 03:35 PM
To the Promoters of Riverhead Raceway.
I respectfully request you consider not cancelling the Legend Race previously scheduled for Sept 6th.
The Legend Division has provided a full field of cars for each race to date in 2009. Is there anything we as a divsion can do to have this race returned to Sept 6th racing card.
Thank you in advance for this consideration.
Ann Young
Car Owner #49 and #48 Legend Cars

I have emailed this request to the Cromarty's. Maybe if we as a division all send an email requesting the race be reinstated, it might be considered. Feel free to cut and paste the above email and send it to info@riverheadraceway.com as this is the address I was given when I called the track with my request.

RichF
08-19-2009, 04:37 PM
To the Promoters of Riverhead Raceway.
I respectfully request you consider not cancelling the Legend Race previously scheduled for Sept 6th.
The Legend Division has provided a full field of cars for each race to date in 2009. Is there anything we as a divsion can do to have this race returned to Sept 6th racing card.
Thank you in advance for this consideration.
Ann Young
Car Owner #49 and #48 Legend Cars

I have emailed this request to the Cromarty's. Maybe if we as a division all send an email requesting the race be reinstated, it might be considered. Feel free to cut and paste the above email and send it to info@riverheadraceway.com as this is the address I was given when I called the track with my request.

Done !! (except I almost forgot to take out your name & put in ours....)

ViscontiRacing
08-19-2009, 04:48 PM
We sent one also..
John Visconti #74

RacinRob
08-19-2009, 05:50 PM
im not in favor of riverhead canceling the legends. I think that they should keep them....however, do the math? 12 late models that buy 5 gallons of race fuel at 50 dollars a clip. That is 500 bucks and factor in lets say each team buy 2 tires...most buy 4. i think the tires are 150 a piece that 300x12 equals 3600 bucks. legend car pays for fuel which some purchase at a gas station. Late Models are more profitable for the track. Not knocking the legends bc I hapen to like them alot but facts are facts.

ViscontiRacing
08-19-2009, 06:02 PM
Do you really think that the fans who are paying big $$ to go watch a race care where the drivers buy their gas..or who put tires on this week? Its about the race on the track and the excitement that they get to see. We (Legends) put on a hell of a show and the fans love it. Are they coming "just" to see the Legends race? Maybe not , but none of the fans ever complained that there were only 7 or 8 cars in the field, or that it looked like a frieght train with everyone following each other until the last lap when the guy in second dumped the leader for the win. You do the math...happy fans or a happy gas guy...who pays to sit in the stands with their families?

RacinRob
08-19-2009, 06:09 PM
I agree 100 percent but as a lot of people know they cromartys are all about the $$$

ViscontiRacing
08-19-2009, 06:18 PM
They have been in this business along time, and I give them credit for doing so. I just cant see swapping out the Legends cars for another class at the end of the season. It just isnt fair to the guys who are running for points and could possibly advance to a higher position. Plus the real bottom line is, like I said before...The Legends put on one hell of a show.

fred card
08-20-2009, 07:08 AM
put the 12late models on sunday shows no heats or consi ,time no problem

Jeff T
08-20-2009, 09:40 AM
Fred, you keep whining about the 12 Late Models (actually 14 cars now), but how many races did the legends get this year? The Late Models got 8 races this year. The first one rained out, and after the June, we have on average gotten one show every 4-5 weeks. I understand that you are upset about losing a Saturday night show, but compare how many races you had this year to how many races we (the Late Models) got this year. It wasn't so many years ago that your division was fighting for survivial at the track like we are doing now. Besides, with the added show we got on that we got on August 29, and our final show being on September 12, why are you targeting the Late Model division? Neither of our dates effects the September 6 date that you are upset about.....lets try directing your anger at those who pulled the date rather than at the division you would like to see go away (JMO)
By the way, I'm happy that your car count is very healthy. I only wish that the Late Model division had as many cars that you have. Are you back racing again or still parked?

Golf Guy
08-20-2009, 02:26 PM
Fred, you keep whining about the 12 Late Models (actually 14 cars now), but how many races did the legends get this year? The Late Models got 8 races this year. The first one rained out, and after the June, we have on average gotten one show every 4-5 weeks. I understand that you are upset about losing a Saturday night show, but compare how many races you had this year to how many races we (the Late Models) got this year. It wasn't so many years ago that your division was fighting for survivial at the track like we are doing now. Besides, with the added show we got on that we got on August 29, and our final show being on September 12, why are you targeting the Late Model division? Neither of our dates effects the September 6 date that you are upset about.....lets try directing your anger at those who pulled the date rather than at the division you would like to see go away (JMO)
By the way, I'm happy that your car count is very healthy. I only wish that the Late Model division had as many cars that you have. Are you back racing again or still parked?

A very good post. I also do not see why you have to trash another division to make your point (don't see how adding a sat. night LM race affects a sun. legends race?). I think Ann Young's post and idea is a much more constructive way to try and get a race back.

DriveitinDeep
08-20-2009, 03:52 PM
WTF is your problem Fred? The LM's were never scheduled to run on the 6th, so why pick on this division? It's not like they removed the Legends and inserted the Late Models on that date. I seem to remember you had great car counts and such when they dumped your division from RR some years back. The LM's as bad as we are according to you, were at least never dropped from a scheduled night.

fred card
08-20-2009, 07:14 PM
roger , i am not knocking late models, i just shows riverhead really does not really care who runs ,aslong as money goes in there pockets,my point is they say we take to long 2 heats a consi than a feature in about 1 hours time rushingto get done ,late models 14 cars no heats they only rush on sundays hope you understand my point :cheers::cheers:

Buckshot11
08-21-2009, 02:57 PM
:help: Maybe if the track gave some insight in to why they made their decisions it would help eliminate any hostility. Instead of just canceling and adding races with no explanation. :help:

spikeybabe22
08-21-2009, 03:40 PM
I don't know why people bashing other divisons...come on we are all here for one thing and that is to RACE. It will never be enough races...because that is just how we all are.....

The only thing i can think of is maybe because the Monster trucks are going to be there...and people will pay to get in to see that...they will make the $$ there. just my .02

fisherman
08-21-2009, 07:00 PM
keep complaining and next year you will be traveling upstate:lol::lol::lol:

RichF
08-22-2009, 10:51 AM
keep complaining and next year you will be traveling upstate:lol::lol::lol:
Yeah.. I'd hate to see that happen :(:(

Crazy Horse
08-22-2009, 04:18 PM
What are you people thinking about???? they add more racing to an already great Enduro Show!!!!:disgusted::mad::disgusted:mad:

fred card
08-23-2009, 08:16 AM
great job jd and your dad ,next one will come even sooner:applause::applause::applause::applause::app lause:

ViscontiRacing
08-23-2009, 11:29 AM
Hey JD...Congrats to you and your Dad!!:wave:

RGeeProductions
08-24-2009, 10:52 AM
Due to overwhelming demand, the Legends are now added to the September 12 card.

Source, Bob Finan

RGee; Now how about those putting the track down that they don't listen!!! Take note!!!