33 Wade Cole 33
34 Matt Hirschman 50
35 Jake Marosz 9
36 Johnny Bush 68
37 Richard Savary 21
38 Ryan Newmann 7
39 Kasey Kahne 98
40 James Civali 91

Weather has cleared for the time being and looks like it may be a go tonight at 6:09pm.
Visit TCH LIVE (http://www.thechromehorn.com/news/2009/features/liveupdate/081909LIVE.htm) at that time
and on Speed TV @ 7pm, 45 minutes delayed.

Goldy
08-19-2009, 06:03 PM
Here's hoping all the practice helped and all the drivers are dialed in. Good to read there will be some knowelgable Mod folks calling this race on SPEED. I really hope they get the full race in and put on a great show.

For what it's worth - I am proprely dialed in - the beer has reached the proper drinking temputure as my koozie eagerly awaits it's first customer.

Cheers!!
:cheers:

kinserfan11
08-19-2009, 07:20 PM
#4 Donny Lia wins :cheers:

RGeeProductions
08-19-2009, 08:17 PM
Just a note on Denise's LIVE update.
Record for viewers SMASHED!!!!
Total of 3,588 hits
1,011 stayed on for the whole event....
THANKS to Denise..
Thanks to the fans coming to TCH to follow the event...it is very much appreciated!!!!

Modtour4
08-19-2009, 08:26 PM
WTG Donnie!!!!!!:applause:

kinserfan11
08-19-2009, 08:28 PM
Thanks Denise for all your updates :cheers::cheers::cheers:

jeep4x486
08-19-2009, 08:33 PM
watched the race on speed channel and i can say it sure was great to see the modifieds on tv. they looked fast on tv, i can only imagine how it was to be there. a few thoughts on the race.. first i think the modifieds showed the nascar folks that you can race at bristol without having to wreck people to pass them and have a ton of cautions. i also thought lia gave a great classy interview in vivtory lane on tv that showed the class of the tour and how appreciative they are to be able to race at such a venue as bristol and on tv. hopefully this was a great exposure for the tour and opened the eyes of people new to the tour and can be a good building stone for bringing the tour to more new venues and keeping the tour alive and strong.

Axel
08-20-2009, 05:52 AM
Amen Jeep--- I caught most of the race on TV and it was a pretty good race. Mike Joy and company did a great job calling the race, (they knew everyone, all the car numbers, how to pronounce names etc) and I went to bed quite content.

Dont know what happened to Szegedy toward the end--- he was dicing it up with TC and then just faded I guess.

catfish
08-20-2009, 09:03 AM
All but Andu Suess, lol but other than that its was all good.

JACK MAN
08-20-2009, 10:49 AM
I watch the race last night and I thought it was awesome to finally see the mods back on t.v.. Mike & Dick did a great job up in the booth. I like that they finally got two mod guy's to do the broadcast.

Now on to the race , This is my Opion and My Opion only .. I have been gone from this series for about 2 seasons now so I don't get to see what goes on every week but I still follow the series close though . I personally though the race sucked from a t.v. stand point the two leaders ran away with it and started lapping the field right away. I really though that some more teams would have step there game up for a race like this. When the series goes to N.H. everyone brings there A game to the table. I felt by watching on t.v. ( and again MY OPION ONLY ) that not alot of guy's brought there A game. The series had 2 open test's and a Hoosier test from my understanding alot of guy's went to atleat one of these test's maybe more. From watching it on T.V. it looked like alot of good guys were not prepared. And im not bad mouthing anyone at all I think everyone on the series does a great job. I just feel that this series is lacking enough good quality cars. I also feel that Nascar should make the southern guy's have to step up there game as well. There is no reason why the southern guy's can't compete with the North. They always say money that is B.S. when you brag on t.v. you have a Roush /Yates motor u have some money in your pocket.

I know im ranting a bit , but I really think this series needs to be looked at harder by the upper leagues. But when u have a series were u have 5 to 6 of the same guys every week up front it gets boring. I think they need to tighten up on the motor rules. You clearly saw on t.v. u saw some major horsepower out of some of the top guy's.

All in all I want to see this series grow and guys move up. Im not putting anyone down. Just my opion on what I think needs to be down.

Teds Race Tours
08-20-2009, 11:08 AM
I watch the race last night and I thought it was awesome to finally see the mods back on t.v.. Mike & Dick did a great job up in the booth. I like that they finally got two mod guy's to do the broadcast.

Now on to the race , This is my Opion and My Opion only .. I have been gone from this series for about 2 seasons now so I don't get to see what goes on every week but I still follow the series close though . I personally though the race sucked from a t.v. stand point the two leaders ran away with it and started lapping the field right away. I really though that some more teams would have step there game up for a race like this. When the series goes to N.H. everyone brings there A game to the table. I felt by watching on t.v. ( and again MY OPION ONLY ) that not alot of guy's brought there A game. The series had 2 open test's and a Hoosier test from my understanding alot of guy's went to atleat one of these test's maybe more. From watching it on T.V. it looked like alot of good guys were not prepared. And im not bad mouthing anyone at all I think everyone on the series does a great job. I just feel that this series is lacking enough good quality cars. I also feel that Nascar should make the southern guy's have to step up there game as well. There is no reason why the southern guy's can't compete with the North. They always say money that is B.S. when you brag on t.v. you have a Roush /Yates motor u have some money in your pocket.

I know im ranting a bit , but I really think this series needs to be looked at harder by the upper leagues. But when u have a series were u have 5 to 6 of the same guys every week up front it gets boring. I think they need to tighten up on the motor rules. You clearly saw on t.v. u saw some major horsepower out of some of the top guy's.

All in all I want to see this series grow and guys move up. Im not putting anyone down. Just my opion on what I think needs to be down.

I didn't see the TV part, so i can't really comment on that, but I will safely assume they probably showed the leaders 90% of the time. There was some great racing back in the field. Stefanik for 1 passed a ton of cars, and i know Newman and Hirschy coming from the back would have added greatly to the excitment/enjoyment level.

You kinda compare New Hampshire and Bristol, and thats an unfair comparision. The Mods have run 2-4 races a year at NHMS for 20 years, and they have all their setups and adjustments figured out. At least the long established teams do.

Bristol did run 2 practice sessions earlier this year, but i know not every team participated in them. And in neither case was it as hot as it was for this race. Maybe what some of the teams learned didnt quite agree with what the teams learned under cooler temperatures.

There were 5 or so teams that were much faster than the rest of the teams, and that to me was the only downer of the race. I'm sure that with time, you'll see the midrange and maybe even the low buck teams start to run competively and make for an even better race.

I was VERY IMPRESSED with the lack of cautions, and there was some good racing back in the pack, which probably never made the airwaves. I have to believe if Mr Smith's decision is based totally, or even partially on the quality of racing, the Modifieds will be invited back in 2010.

RaceVoice
08-20-2009, 11:55 AM
All but Andu Suess, lol but other than that its was all good.

Actally, I did hear them pronounce it correctly. It is pronounced Sice, as in ice with an S. Not like Dr Suess.

MOD JUNKIE
08-20-2009, 12:02 PM
I was at the track and saw a "great" first time show. First time tracks always have only a few cars hooked up and with that being the case it was still a great debut. This is a nice PR event for the Modifieds and we need to look at thia as a stepping stone for our tour, I know some here dislike having the cup guys come over and taking $$$ from the regulars but it does bring an added highlite to the event and many fans of those drivers watch the Mods when they come in and race with the tour. I just watched the race on tv (taped it) and thought the show was super, low caution count was a key and if the tour keeps coming back I also believe each year there will be more and more cars dialed in.......jmo.

catfish
08-20-2009, 12:03 PM
Then I stand corrected as I had always heard it pronounced as in the Dr. Seuss. Never knew it was pronounced "Sice"

Tinkfan
08-20-2009, 10:45 PM
I thought the Mods put on a great show. It was nice to be there in person to take it all in.

Now, I see the Pro Cup series has secured a 200-lapper at Bristol for May 15, 2010.

I think if you add a 200-lapper for the modifieds to that race you would have one nice double-header!!

NC Mudcat
08-20-2009, 10:51 PM
Glad I was there. It was an okay race, but I thought the racers did well for themselves. Lots of folks figured on a crashfest, but it was far from that. Disappointed in the southern drivers, other than George. Pack was as fast as anyone there, after getting lapped. I could never understand how you get lapped in 30 or so green flag laps, then run then run right with the leaders. All in all, a good show.

modfan7ny
08-20-2009, 10:53 PM
I had a great time at Bristol. The free shuttles all over the grounds were a great feature. Special thanks to Nationwide for offering them. I was a bit disappointed at the crowd for the modified race as it grew by about 500% just in time for the trucks. The racing itself was good but you could see that many of the drivers were on the track for the first time. Was lots of fun watching Steffy cut through the field until his motor let go.

Thanks to Bristol Motor Speedway, the University of Northern Ohio and modified drivers from the north and south for putting on a show that I will always remember. Sure hope we get to go back there next year.

By the way, was anyone else as amazed as I was by how fast they dried the track after the downpour?

Alan

Teds Race Tours
08-21-2009, 01:37 AM
By the way, was anyone else as amazed as I was by how fast they dried the track after the downpour?

Alan

The 1st race I ever went to at Bristol was the Spring Cup race in 99. It POURED 10 minutes before the race was supposed to start. It stopped raining, sun came out and the race started 10 minutes late.20 minutes from downpour to dry. The place just dries immediately with any heat.

NC Mudcat
08-21-2009, 07:41 AM
Maybe nothing new to anyone, but did you guys see the body on the 36? I had not seen one quite like that one. The 09 had one just like it.

Jaws
08-21-2009, 10:12 AM
I had a great time at Bristol. The free shuttles all over the grounds were a great feature. Special thanks to Nationwide for offering them. I was a bit disappointed at the crowd for the modified race as it grew by about 500% just in time for the trucks. The racing itself was good but you could see that many of the drivers were on the track for the first time. Was lots of fun watching Steffy cut through the field until his motor let go.

Thanks to Bristol Motor Speedway, the University of Northern Ohio and modified drivers from the north and south for putting on a show that I will always remember. Sure hope we get to go back there next year.

Alan

I was not disappointed at all, its hard to judge how many people were there for the race as the place is so huge. I am sure the Speedway was happy. Plus there were parts of the stands (turn 1) that were very full.

And those shuttles were great!

The jet dryers do an amazing job on the track, on time start almost no downtime after it rained!

uticamike
08-21-2009, 05:14 PM
Glad people had a good time and overall I think (and hope) the TV exposure helps lift the division going forward. How was it that the UNOH came to sponsor this race? I mean thank you for sure just curious as to their connection to Modifieds. For those that enjoyed this race but haven't seen them at Loudon what a suprise awaits. Gotta get TV at NH. Back to reality now as they head to Chemung. Talk about going from the penthouse to the outhouse.

Brian Hawks
08-21-2009, 06:53 PM
Maybe nothing new to anyone, but did you guys see the body on the 36? I had not seen one quite like that one. The 09 had one just like it.

09 Troyer. Showtime's SK at Speedweeks was like that. Not sure if it still is, stuck here in NC.

uticamike
08-21-2009, 07:54 PM
One of the few 09 Troyers "getting it done" I think. You know we all love/hate TC on some level but maybe just maybe Brad LaFontaine should get his props. That 36 is fast everywhere they go. It can't be ALL Teddy.

TJ1976
08-21-2009, 11:20 PM
I thought the race at Bristol was pretty good from where I was watching in the pits. I hope the Tour can come back again in 2010....this time with a bigger purse to win. I saw the local paper at the hotel I was staying at in VA and the modifieds made the front page and the first page in sports.

My brother recorded the race for me and I had the chance to watch it...Not a bad job by Mike Joy and Dick Bergeren. Now SPEED needs to put the mods on more often...by the way SPEED guys, our drivers last name is spelled Kuiken...not Kukien.

Any chance that speed will re-broadcast the race at all so my father in law can watch it?

Jill
08-22-2009, 08:59 PM
I also feel that Nascar should make the southern guy's have to step up there game as well. There is no reason why the southern guy's can't compete with the North. They always say money that is B.S. when you brag on t.v. you have a Roush /Yates motor u have some money in your pocket.

What about the #28 he ran up front all day. Also, NASCAR should pay the Southern Tour the same as the Northern Tour.

adam97
08-22-2009, 09:36 PM
Mike, I ask respectfully why it can't be all TC, granted the crew is a major part ,but the driver can make up the difference, but with bighead ted you have a greater margain of error. I don't mean to be an a$$ but the facts are the facts.

uticamike
08-22-2009, 10:21 PM
Umm, Adam you say "granted the crew is a major part" but imply its' all Ted.
That's a contradiction I think. Then you said "facts are facts" ??? What facts?
TC is a great driver, his record speaks for itself but the FACT that his team is fast out of the box almost everywhere they go to me means the tuner is on the ball. TC drives for alot of people but he near dominates on the Tour. They may have missed the correct set up for the end of the Bristol race or.......
Donny Lia is a better driver.:lol: I know where I'll put my money.:wave:

NC Mudcat
08-23-2009, 10:37 AM
.......Donny Lia is a better driver.:lol.....
That's funny right there, I don't care who you are.:D

uticamike
08-23-2009, 11:26 AM
Mudcat, I didn't punctuate that right. It was meant to be a rhetorical question. Donny himself thinks TC is the best. Me goof.

NC Mudcat
08-23-2009, 10:58 PM
Mudcat, I didn't punctuate that right. It was meant to be a rhetorical question. Donny himself thinks TC is the best. Me goof.

I know, I just couldn't help myself. Funny though, it shows how things can be taken out of context.

Modifiedthunder
08-24-2009, 09:20 AM
Just got back yesterday from Bristol had a great time the race was good and the more they go back there the racing will get better.

scott
08-24-2009, 02:48 PM
Just got back from Bristol Tn to Bristol Ct. 12 1/2 hrs. It was the best race of the week. Just wondering what was going on with T.C. ramming the back of Lia's car on the last restart. Was he upset that Lia had the lead he did before the shower started? I was in turn 3 so I didn't get a great view of what happened, but from where I was it looked like he (T.C) rammed Lia. I'll watch the TV tape version after I log off.

rayray28
08-24-2009, 05:55 PM
maybe TC hit Lia in the A** because Lia tried to take off Ted's left front as he went by. He never raced clean before so I am not suprised that he doesn't now. Maybe the reality check in the trucks didn't work!!

ThE sHaDoW
08-24-2009, 06:53 PM
TC (the king) made it to the truck division?

how did I miss that?

uticamike
08-24-2009, 07:12 PM
Soomebody took a piece of Teddy on the way bye? Cry me a river.

bud
08-24-2009, 07:42 PM
Utica...........I get the feeling you are a bit hostle towards ted?
Let me see also how many career victories does that car/team have
without Ted behind the wheel? `

Axel
08-24-2009, 08:18 PM
had quite a number when Ewantisko was the driver of the 36.

Bob T. Racer
08-24-2009, 08:21 PM
Utica...........I get the feeling you are a bit hostle towards ted?
Let me see also how many career victories does that car/team have
without Ted behind the wheel? `

They had plenty with Mike Ewanitsko, who would still be winning in it, if he was still healthy!

uticamike
08-24-2009, 09:08 PM
Not hostile at all. :disgusted TC is the best there is WHEN he races clean and straight. I saw him do that earlier this year at Dunn Tire. The duel he and Keith Rocco put on at Stafford in the SK 100 was a classic by all accounts. But TC has a dark side and drives like a Martian when he feels the need. He's pretty good at dishing it out but doesn't like it back too much. Donny Lia doesn't roll over for anyone including the great Ted Christopher and so you have what you have. No, I'm not a TC fan but DO respect him for what he CAN do but not for what he OFTEN does. People love/ hate him but no....I'm not hostile:rolleyes:

catfish
08-25-2009, 09:11 AM
Can I get an AMEN !!!!!!!!!

Jaws
08-25-2009, 10:17 AM
had quite a number when Ewantisko was the driver of the 36.

Yes it did!!! And we still miss Mike!!

hollywoodmic
08-25-2009, 10:43 AM
RayRay reality check in the trucks?? What are you talking about?? He won a race lost to Colin Braun in the rookie of the year by a few points, and ran 3 less races. TC got roughed up?? OMG are you going to be OK? TC is the cleanest driver on the planet, never touches anyone on the way by. You are joking me right????

Axel
08-25-2009, 12:04 PM
not to stir up the pot, :angel: but did anyone see Sean's article abt TC and Lia?

http://blogs.courant.com/autoracing/2009/08/whelen-modified-tour-champions.html

hollywoodmic
08-25-2009, 12:38 PM
Yeah I read that, and I'm not a TC hater but for RayRay to make that comment, is just funny. TC uses cars up when he goes by them Lia did the same the 1st time and never touched him the 2nd time, he just blew by him. I love that both drivers hate to loose, and 2nd is no good. Should make for an interesting last 6 races.

Oh as for "this" 36 team winning?? I think Ewantisko only drove a few races for Ed. This team was built for Ewantisko but he didn't race it much he got hurt then Mike Andrews drove a race or two and it's been TC ever since. We all miss Michael, he is an amazing talent and even a better person to have at the racetrack. The point is this 36 Team never had a track record until TC drove it consistently. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, please.

TMAC
08-25-2009, 12:40 PM
Did anyone notice a few times they showed riverhead raceway[actually the tour cars on track before the start of race at riverhead] and the 20 mod?it was around the commercial for whelen

Jaws
08-25-2009, 12:52 PM
Yeah I read that, and I'm not a TC hater but for RayRay to make that comment, is just funny. TC uses cars up when he goes by them Lia did the same the 1st time and never touched him the 2nd time, he just blew by him. I love that both drivers hate to loose, and 2nd is no good. Should make for an interesting last 6 races.

Oh as for "this" 36 team winning?? I think Ewantisko only drove a few races for Ed. This team was built for Ewantisko but he didn't race it much he got hurt then Mike Andrews drove a race or two and it's been TC ever since. We all miss Michael, he is an amazing talent and even a better person to have at the racetrack. The point is this 36 Team never had a track record until TC drove it consistently. Someone correct me if I'm wrong, please.

The "36 team" started as the 17 team and Mike did drive for Ed for several years. I don't know how many Mike won, probably not as many as TC but he did win several. Stafford for 1 Nazareth for another.

hollywoodmic
08-25-2009, 01:12 PM
You are correct Jaws I definatley remember that but there was a lull between those two teams, the 17 and 36, but you're right same team pretty much the same guys now that I think of it.

ben's club
08-25-2009, 04:50 PM
Did anybody tape the race that can make me a dvd or vhs copy. I'll be glad to pay for it. You can bring it to Martinsville or the Shootout.
Ben Lookabill
Ben's Frequency Club

TJ1976
08-26-2009, 12:16 AM
Ben,

my sister in law dvr'ed the race for me..she has yet to put it on video...she only missed the first 5 minutes of intros but managed to get the whole race in

Tim

bud
08-30-2009, 09:16 PM
No doubt that Mike was an awesome driver.....but Ted has been in the car for how many yrs? How many wins and championships does he have?
LOL how can anyone look me straight in the eye and say Ted roughs people
up.......OMG. hehas a bit of a dark side......but look at Louden. Wouldn't have been much of a race without him! BTW I bet it was a crew member that may have caused Ted's evil side to come out when he forgot to tighten
an oil line......lol. I'm pretty sure he makes a bad situation look better with that car more times than not. I sure would love to see him in the MISSLE but Bob doesn't want to win all the races.......... My only thing with Ted is why hasn't he won a TVMS race yet...what the ..........

uticamike
08-31-2009, 12:20 AM
"My only thing with Ted is why hasn't he won a TVMS race yet...what the .......... "

Maybe because Brad Lafontaine doesn't tune that car.:)