PDA

View Full Version : Mike Joy Co.

yucaipa
08-19-2009, 07:48 PM
They did a GREAT job on TY toninght......:applause:

csg
08-19-2009, 07:53 PM
great show. it was nice to see some real race cars on tv. I am going to send them an email saying how much I enjoyed the show.

BigMac
08-19-2009, 07:55 PM
Indeed they did. Nice Whelen commercial in there too. I hope they do it again next year(twice).

Modman75
08-19-2009, 07:57 PM
Indeed they did!! Much better than others have done in the past.

Overall a sucess for the first time @ Bristol. I dreaded the the possibility that this could turn into a wreckfest and turn out bad. Was on its way to becoming the complete opposite, but saved it at the end. No doubt the modifieds deserve another date there next year!!

RGeeProductions
08-19-2009, 07:59 PM
They did a GREAT job on TY toninght......:applause:

I bet you enjoyed it the most being across the country!!!
At the very beginning, looking down on pit road, looked like Howie and someone by the wall, all by themselves.
Even the term "Chrome Horn" was mentioned.....hehehehe

KyleMac45
08-19-2009, 08:03 PM
I bet you enjoyed it the most being across the country!!!
At the very beginning, looking down on pit road, looked like Howie and someone by the wall, all by themselves.

I was going to mention that! I could have sworn that was Howie!

Kyle

RichKeator
08-19-2009, 08:08 PM
yea I saw Howie's head at the beginning of the show... I wonder what the ratings were for that race... hopefully good and NASCAR will throw our Mods a bone here for some more tv coverage... It would be interresting to see if the ratings dropped off or went up after the mods went off the air and the trucks came on...

Modtour4
08-19-2009, 08:29 PM
Everyone that watched that race needs to let SPEED know what kind of a job they did. We need more races televised.

Does any other announcer know as much about the mods as Mike?:lol:

RGeeProductions
08-19-2009, 08:33 PM
Sent in my feedback.....
http://www.speedtv.com/feedback/

mccoystax
08-19-2009, 08:45 PM
Sent mine too. Thanks for the link, RGEE.

catfish
08-19-2009, 08:54 PM
mine as well:cheers::cheers::cheers:

CTScribe
08-19-2009, 09:14 PM
The first thing I said to Dave when he called after the race is "they picked the best people to cover a Mod race -- Mike Joy & Dick Berggren -- people who actually KNOW something about the mods and can pronounce their names!!"

Great race -- glad the rain held off so they could get it in. Good job by the drivers -- not many wrecks -- good racing and passing.

:applause::applause::applause:

Hazel

The Bullfather
08-19-2009, 10:25 PM
Bob Dillner on pit road too!! Some the truck guys mentioned the great modified race they saw, after they raced!

Linda
08-20-2009, 12:20 AM
Sent in my feedback.....
http://www.speedtv.com/feedback/

I just sent a thank you email to Speed as well. Hopefully everyone will send an email...

night gent
08-20-2009, 12:24 AM
I love the modifieds in person. Been to riverhead,waterford,wall, seekonk,and stafford this season but I just dont think they translate well to t.v. Maybe it's just me,lol!

Gil
08-20-2009, 12:48 AM
I just thanked them!

:applause::applause::applause:

W. J.
08-20-2009, 12:50 AM
I think Modifieds probably are best done as they were here, on tape delay, since watching Mod races live years ago from Martinsville (and NHIS) got boring during caution flags. :wave: Future broadcasts should be done the same way.
As far as Mike Joy, I don't think the man has ever called a bad race, and placing him in the position of doing Modifieds, where he started out, is a brilliant call by the folks at SpeedTV. Dr. Dick was an added plus.:applause:
Can't wait to get home and see the recording I made of the race.:)

KChez
08-20-2009, 06:37 AM
Glad the weather held out and the racing was clean, hope they make this an annual event. Now they just need to go back to Richmond!

catfish
08-20-2009, 09:02 AM
Nice to see Mike Joy and Dr Dick Bergeren as at least they know what the cars are about and know some of the history without needing a crash course and Bob Dilner on pit road, well they all know him already so it's a perfect fit.:cheers::cheers: