PDA

View Full Version : Two more times!

CJfilms
08-23-2009, 08:40 PM
No, we have not crowned a champion in the MINI-SERIES!!!! We have two more races to go!!!!!!!!!!

October 25th and November 29th - > TURKEY DERBY SUNDAY!!!!!!

We are organizing these two events to be HUGE!!!! We will have many divisions racing with NEETS that have never raced alongside of the enduros yet! More info to come coon....

Now, for the BIG NEWS!!!!
We are organizing an "Open Competition Enduro Race" to be held after all other enduro racing is complete on November 29th. We are working out the details with our officials now. This event may be 100 laps...maybe 200! It will all depend on start times, sunset, the equinox, the duration of the next solar eclipse....etc....:lol:

If you have suggestions that you believe will help make this event BIGGER THAN HUGE, send me an email with the ideas so we can organize with plenty of time to advertise! joe@neetsracing.com

See you soon!

EnduroFromDE
08-23-2009, 08:56 PM
not to be a pooper but open comp normally means that a car can be brought from any track...normally... but with the safty rules from wall thats not going to be too inviting...I have an idea...lets all bring in the mud and dirt we scrape off our car from the prevouse GV race and turn Wall into dirt...that should bring more people in...or since its Nov...anyone ever heard of the smashing pumkins races...where they get a crap load of pumpkins and lets the kids go out and smash them all over the track...that would be about the same as GV mud right...?

Lad3der
08-24-2009, 06:49 PM
DIRTS FOR FARMING! OR OFF ROADING
ASPHALTS FOR RACING!

grandview can keep there dirt

spier racing 93
08-24-2009, 07:08 PM
ive seen WAY better racing on dirt then i ever have on asphalt

richardpetey
08-24-2009, 08:21 PM
Will this "open comp" race be a separate race from the regular 8cyl. enduro division on that "day after turkey derby" race.......................:rolleyes:
UNCLE PETEY..................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Erin C
08-24-2009, 09:00 PM
yes it will be

mcstockcar
08-24-2009, 10:07 PM
opened up a can of worms in this thread!!!!!!!!!! by the way worms come from the ..................DIRT!

critter
08-24-2009, 10:15 PM
oh boy ,for once im keepin my mouth shut on this topic

EnduroFromDE
08-25-2009, 09:00 AM
Thats funny I thought Asphalts for getting to the track, and....
DIRTS FOR RACING!
I dont care either way, I just cant seem to have my car ready for the Wall Races. The oct race I will be in NY for the weekend, so thats a wash for me. I will try to make it to the Nov race being its after all the GV races and I'll have all winter long to fix what ever I need to...

crazyfriend
08-25-2009, 09:21 AM
DIRTS FOR FARMING! OR OFF ROADING
ASPHALTS FOR RACING!

grandview can keep there dirt

ASPHALTS that's something you say when someone messed up your vehicle or their job - it's the AS PHALT S it wasn't done right or when ya get in a crash lmao .... sorryyyyyyy couldn't resist :angel::help::help:

fuglygswracing
08-26-2009, 05:18 PM
Does this mean, v8's get there *** kicked by a 4-cyl.? hehe:D or is this only open comp in our class?

richardpetey
08-26-2009, 08:42 PM
Four years ago NEETS formulated a set of rules for an OPEN enduro division, but it never got off the ground......................:help:
Maybe, you can find those rules Joe and Erin! They have to be included in the archives of the old NEETS sight...................:rolleyes:
UNCLE PETEY..............:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

Tracy57
08-26-2009, 08:55 PM
How about if ALL the NEETS officials race our cars and the drivers are the officials and flaggers and make the rules?

We can have fun black flagging them and DQ them for no apparent reason! :lol::lol:

CJfilms
08-26-2009, 09:59 PM
How about if ALL the NEETS officials race our cars and the drivers are the officials and flaggers and make the rules?

Yeah, ok Tracy! I hardly believe anyone besides Matt would jump out in front of traffic! ....besides, I can't afford to get the black flag and be hit by every official all the while I'm hitting everyone else and the wall......

Dave, to answer your question, the open comp. would be for the Big Cars only.....minimum 104" wheel base. The reason: SAFETY. IF we had 50+ Small Cars willing to compete, it would happen.....but, the reality is that there ARE 50+ Big Cars that will compete in this event and finding another 40 Small Cars to race will be difficult...even with 3 months of promoting. I will ask around though....can't promise anything.

Rules for the open comp. race will be released soon enough....

pv18
08-28-2009, 09:20 AM
One of my all time favorite topics!

Lap Times tell the truth and consistency wins Enduros. In Jan we ran small cars and big cars together at the Road Course and our family was running 2nd going into the last segment and had transmission issues. (Beat the heck '92 Tallon) Very competitive race with full blown Factory Stocks and Wall Street Stocks.

Fast forward to this past weekend; Pistil Pete took out a mediocre 4 cly (new car; lots of bugs) that was barely a top 5 car in terms of lap times during the small car race at SVS back out again with the big cars. Starts dead last and is running 6th with 9 laps to go when he got a flat. Easily a top ten car in terms of lap times. (18.9s consitantly for 100 laps) Finishes 16th; not bad.

Now comes the big Safety question. I personally believe that with a full cage, the cars are just as safe. For Enduro racing on stock tires, the speeds are such that the weight difference in cars should not be an issue. The days of 3800 lb Montes are quickly fading. Dirvers on the other hand could be an issue; but that does not change in any form of racing.

I understand that NJ calls the shots for Wall, but in defense of Dave their cars WOULD be competitive and given the "right" circumstances would give you a run for your money.

Fire away...:cheers:

PS - Asphalt is for racing...

Erin C
08-28-2009, 10:13 AM
Four years ago NEETS formulated a set of rules for an OPEN enduro division, but it never got off the ground......................:help:
Maybe, you can find those rules Joe and Erin! They have to be included in the archives of the old NEETS sight...................:rolleyes:

Petey, would this have been the "Monster" class? I remember seeing this a few years back...I am not sure if Joe still has all the original files from when he took over the site, but I know exactly what you are talking about.

CJfilms
08-28-2009, 01:25 PM
I should still have the "Monster Class" rules on my computer...although, I'm not sure how finalized they were....

Also, I would not have a problem doing a Small vs. Big Car race....it would have to be in PA for one and two the cars would have to be up to snuff as far as safety items...it will be considered for 2010!!!

Erin C
08-28-2009, 02:00 PM
I would advise to everyone who plans on racing in October at Wall to send me an email and preregister ASAP (also including if you do or do not have your own transponder) so we can get an idea of how many transponders we will need to rent from our supplier.

It was not beneficial to rent them from our supplier the past 2 races at Wall because of lower car counts, most of the field owning their own, and our supplier only letting us rent in batches of 32 which caused us to lose a substantial amount of money when only 4 were rented out the first race and we paid $640 to rent them for the day.

Our supplier can now rent us the transponders in batches of 15 so if there is enough need to do so we can rent them out for the last 2 races. I see these next two Wall races being a big hit since they are off season and in order for us to better serve you please send in those registrations EARLY so we can plan ahead...we need to place the order at least 2 weeks ahead of time so they can be delivered from GA and so we can garuntee he will have them available for us.

I can't stress enough how important it is to pre-register your cars so we can plan out the day well in advance.

Thanks everyone :)

CJfilms
08-28-2009, 06:58 PM
I can't stress enough how important it is to pre-register your cars so we can plan out the day well in advance.

That is an understatement in a certain sense.....let's put it this way.....If we don't know if you are coming, you may not have a transponder for the race...

Pre-register!
Mwuah ha ha!!!

Lad3der
08-28-2009, 07:22 PM
tracy the officals race would be loads of fun, but you got to remember none of us would listen to the black flag as we hit joe(as he said) and erin remember the october race at wall we will have extra division that are going to need transponders. just trying to help

Erin C
08-28-2009, 08:10 PM
Matt, if you can get me a count on definites at least 2 weeks in advance, we can get the transponders...

Actually, The "Super Trux" as we are going to call it should be registering with me with their contact info, numbers, and if they need to rent a transponder. The press release will be out shortly.

Joe's working on formulating the rules for the SUPER TRUX class right now so we can attract as many trucks as possible. I am sure he will be calling you for some help or talking to you on Sunday about it...

Buckshot11
08-29-2009, 02:12 PM
What is this Super Trux you speak of?

#11 & #65 are planning on being at both races. Will need x-ponders:wave:

Sorry we were unable to make it last minute for the previous race:(

richardpetey
08-29-2009, 09:06 PM
I have sent 4 e-mails to register for this sundays dirt race and I'm still not listed on the pre-registration roster.........................:help:
I have my own transponders (2), so please automatically add my name to all the NEETS races at both Wall and Grandview....................:rolleyes:
I haven't missed a NEETS race yet, so barring some unforseen catastrophe, count on me being at the race.................. :eek:

Erin C
08-30-2009, 12:15 AM
I dont know why your emails are not coming through to me Petey!! I haven't received one single one...I will tell Joe to put you up there immediately.

If it is any consolation, Vince James has been having the same trouble... Sorry :(

Lad3der
08-31-2009, 11:56 PM
the neets super truk are like riverhead spt or waterford trucks/ old arts trucks