PDA

View Full Version : Barbara & Jim Cromarty bump up purse for August 29th

RGeeProductions
08-24-2009, 11:06 AM
Barbara & Jim Cromarty have added an extra $500 to the Modified purse for this weekends, August 29th's Modified 50 lap event.

Source, Bob Finan

jeffrey
08-24-2009, 04:25 PM
barbara & Jim Cromarty.I would just like to say thanks for the 500.00.but dont you think the mods can use a raise.I now you got one buy charging every one 30 to 40 to get in the pits.and charging 22 to 27 to get into the stands. I know everything went up.like insurens.taxes.and everything else. we all understand that.we do thank you for keeping the track here and keeping racing on the island.but you have been paying these guys the same money they where making back in 85 at islip.is it cheaper to run a car now then it was back then.I dont think so.is it cheaper to run a track now days I dont think so.so your in the same boat there in.but they do it because they love to race its in there blood.but to you its business.so from a fan that loves the mods.give them a raise they are way over do for one.and you now they are.you tried by saying the sk can run with the mods to try to bring the car count up.did it work.you tell me.maybe if you gave these guys a raise maybe you would get some cars back.the mods have been your bread and butter for so long.dont you think its time to give alittle back.

Hollywood
08-25-2009, 09:52 AM
Wj!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you ok??????????? :)

fred card
08-25-2009, 12:40 PM
lower back gate prices, including pit passes, more people will show up making more money ,also lower food prices, more will come than give all divisons more money they need,

EDGEnterprises
08-25-2009, 01:00 PM
What's a RAZE? :confused:

Jaws
08-25-2009, 03:24 PM
What's a RAZE? :confused:

Maybe its a Rave or a big party? Maybe?:)

JBonsignore
08-25-2009, 03:31 PM
hope they dont give out $500 worth of razeR's.....:wave:

also, i want to thank Barbara and Jim for bumping up our purse, it is much needed and even more appreciated!! :applause:

RickFigure8
08-25-2009, 05:36 PM
Well, Raze is to destroy or demolish so, um, yeah, lol

Turbo
08-26-2009, 12:10 AM
Way to go Barbara and Jim :cheers: :applause:

W. J.
08-26-2009, 03:33 AM
Wj!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Are you ok??????????? :)
LOL, I'm in Hawaii, on vacation, and now my whole trip is in jeopardy, lol~!

(Where's my Hawaiian translator when I need him????))

It is nice to see an increase in that purse....

Jeff T
08-26-2009, 03:36 PM
Not for nothing guys, but the Cromarty's are putting ADDITIONAL money into the purse for Saturday night's race. I know that many people, myself included, have been very critical about certain decisions made by the Cromarty's and their staff this past season, but I don't think critizism of how they run their facility is revelant here. The additional purse money is a nice gesture on the part of the Cromarty's and they should be thanked for that gesture. I think that you should be showing some appreciation for the additional money for Saturday night...they did not have to put up the extra money at all.
If you want to gripe about prices and so forth, I would say take it to another thread, or go right to the Riverhead Raceway websight and send them an email. I just don't feel that this is the correct place to air your dirty laundry. There's nothing worse than doing something for someone (or a race division in this case) and then not having any graditude shown for your efforts. JMO

RGeeProductions
08-26-2009, 05:10 PM
If you want to gripe about prices and so forth, I would say take it to another thread, or go right to the Riverhead Raceway websight and send them an email. I just don't feel that this is the correct place to air your dirty laundry. There's nothing worse than doing something for someone (or a race division in this case) and then not having any graditude shown for your efforts. JMO

Thank you for that.

MSK27
08-26-2009, 05:59 PM
Way to go.The Cromartys put up $500. more and someone complains.At $25. a ticket that would mean 20 more people in the grandstands just to break even.Do you think there are 20 more people in the grandstands?

DODGE99
08-26-2009, 08:39 PM
Barbara and Jim are giving something back and there is still people complaining!! i dont get it!! They gotta start somewhere right? so lets save the criticism in this post. Thanks a lot Barbara and Jim, i personally appreciate the bump up in the purse!:wave: