PDA

View Full Version : Dick "Dickie Do" Ceravolo in critical condition

Linda
08-24-2009, 02:35 PM
Not sure if you have heard about Dick Ceravolo's accident last Friday. He is on life support at Yale New Haven. Please keep Dickie and his family in your prayers.

Here is the article on the accident.

http://speedwaylinereport.com/Releases/AUG09/8-23-09DICK_C.htm

Bullfrog
08-24-2009, 04:00 PM
Oh wow! Get well Doo!!

Precision Auto
08-24-2009, 05:52 PM
Our thoughts and prayers go out to Dick and his family and friends.

Linda and Norm Case, Precision Automotive, Inc.

Howie
08-25-2009, 08:08 AM
Cassie Ceravolo (Doo's grand daughter) is putting updates on her facebook page. I'll pass this information to you from there. We all are praying for Doo and the family.

Due to the outpour of care and concern we will be starting a daily update on his condition here so it will be easier for us as a family to give you information. As of right now he is still in critical condition. We don't expect that to change anytime soon. He is able to receive cards only. You can send them to:

Yale-New Haven Hospital
Surgical Intensive Care Unit 6-1
20 York Street
C/O Dominick "Dick" Ceravolo
New Haven, CT 06510

We would also like to thank everyone for the support they have shown.

Howie
08-26-2009, 11:57 PM
Hi All!

I just wanted to give you all an update on my grandfather. He is still in critical condition but holding his own. He has shown signs of improvement but his road to recovery has barely begun. He sustained severe damage to his chest and lungs. There is no head trauma and his heart seems to be doing ok. The major issue as of now is his lungs and getting them to start working on their own. He will have to have surgery to repair the damage done to his ribs and chest wall. He also does have a few fractures in his back but they seem to think those will be healed before he is up and walking around. Nothing major. They are keeping him sedated as now but he seems to be much more comfortable that way.

We would all like to thank everyone for their continued support and concern. I would also like to let everyone know that cards are more then appreciated! I started hanging them in his room so that when he wakes up it will be able to see them all. You can send cards to:

Yale New Haven Hospital
C/O SICU 6-1
Dominick "Dick" Ceravolo
20 York Street
New Haven, CT 06510

~Cassie Ceravolo

Howie
08-31-2009, 04:11 PM
no new news... still waiting for the ok to do surgery...

Howie
09-02-2009, 09:07 AM
Hi Everyone!!!

Just wanted to give you all an update on my grandfather. We are still waiting for the ok to have surgery. It will probably be an overnight decision but we know it won't be any time soon. He is still just about the same no new serious issues but at the same time no real improvements. We are kinda stuck in limbo till his body is strong enough to withstand the surgery.
Thank you all again for the love and support you all have shown. This has been very hard for myself and my family to deal with and its nice to know we are not alone.
Also thank you to all of you who have sent cards. The wall is looking much brighter these day because of you... Keep them coming =)

~Cassie~

Howie
09-24-2009, 07:42 AM
An update from Phil Smith's Champ Trail Column on Gary Danko's Speedway Line Report (http://champtrail.speedwaylinereport.com/)

Dick Ceravolo continues to show a slight improvement in his condition. A slight infection continues to put reconstructive surgery on hold. He continues to be in an induced coma, now in its fifth week. Cards of cheer can be sent to Dick Ceravolo, 1348 Baldwin Hill Rd, Gales Ferry, CT 06335. Ceravolo, 70, suffered serious injuries on Aug 21 while attempting to jumpstart a farm tractor.