PDA

View Full Version : Silk Out Of Hillbilly Whelen Mod Tour Ride; James Civali Back Full-Time

ShawnCourchesne
08-24-2009, 04:41 PM
Ron Silk Out Of Hillbilly Racing Whelen Modified Tour Ride; James Civali Back Full-Time In The Division ( http://blogs.courant.com/autoracing/)

uticamike
08-24-2009, 07:00 PM
Quick, somebody get the razor blades away from Groundpounder(redux).:lol::lol:

cornellsgt12
08-24-2009, 07:42 PM
To bad - I thought Silky did a good job for them.

Not sure Civali is the answer but it's their team and their money.

Best of luck to the team going forward

The Bullfather
08-24-2009, 07:51 PM
How many drivers have The Hills had the past few years behind the wheel?

Sandra
08-24-2009, 08:20 PM
Ronnie did a wonderful job for us. We were pleased with what he was doing. He chose to quit. We did not fire Ronnie. We had already agreed with Ronnie that he would be driving the 79 next year. I don't know what went wrong.

RGeeProductions
08-24-2009, 08:22 PM
Sandra, thanks for the insight....

The Bullfather
08-24-2009, 08:50 PM
Yes, thank you very much for bringing your info to the table. I've heard nothing but great things about the Hillbilly team for years.

Jaws
08-24-2009, 11:54 PM
The Hillbilly team is a class act!

KChez
08-25-2009, 09:26 AM
...and Matt Hirschman still doesn't have a ride on the tour.

MOD JUNKIE
08-25-2009, 10:17 AM
...and Matt Hirschman still doesn't have a ride on the tour.

The Hills do not use Troyer chassi's, I hate to see Ronnie not on the tour but maybe something will come through for him. Good luck to all involved.

Bobby1717
08-25-2009, 09:45 PM
Personally as a Civali fan I am estactic that he is this car. I've said it in the past that he would be a good fit for this team. Hopefully everything will work out and he will be in the car next year.

BigMac
08-25-2009, 11:08 PM
My only question is what made James go from not wanting anything to do with racing to being back full time? It seems a little odd to me. Especially the way things ended for him. I can't help but question the long term commitment. Time will tell I guess.

Bobby1717
08-26-2009, 06:50 AM
Athletes from every sport change their mind all of the time.

Farve-football
Clemens-baseball
Mark Martin- he was going to race part time and then retire and now is back for addtional years

It does get tiresome to hear guys say they are done for good and then come back a short time later

Rabbit504
08-26-2009, 07:00 AM
My only question is what made James go from not wanting anything to do with racing to being back full time? It seems a little odd to me. Especially the way things ended for him. I can't help but question the long term commitment. Time will tell I guess.

I know James VERY well.
Talk to him daily.
He always told me If the right deal came he would drive again.

James and I went to the Fall Final at Stafford last year, the first Tour race he ever watched.
I could see in his eyes then he missed racing.

He didn't want to drive full time this year.
If he did he could have been in a tour car in the beginning of the year.
He just wanted to drive this year in the big races, period.
But when he was asked to fill in the 79 for the rest of the year he said yes.

Will he run full time next year?
I don't know.
I guess if the right deal comes.

BOBBY D
08-26-2009, 10:05 AM
James will be fine .he will do a great job.with the 79 team.
He is an awsome driver .and a real good person.
We all hate that things.did not work out .with ronnie.
But life and racing.must go on.it is not about one man.
It is about the 79 team .doing the best.that it can.with james.civali. And winning races.james civali will do a great job
for the hillbilly 79 team. So go civali.

Modfan14
08-26-2009, 06:07 PM
It just seems odd that there have been SO many drivers for this team over the last year plus.Maybe it's time to change something in the team/family management of the team.The driver is always the easiest to blame.

modscene
08-26-2009, 07:00 PM
All good ideas here, so you can buy a team and run it that way. Roger and Sandra Hill are really good people and good for Modified racing. They field first class equipment. They have a right to do it how they want, including making changes. They need to be happy with the situation they're in.

And some of the drivers they have parted company with aren't the great racers many people think they are. PR doesn't win races - talent, ambition and hard work does.

That's my story and I'm sticking to it! ;)

The Bullfather
08-26-2009, 07:11 PM
What drivers would that be? A lot of talented drivers have driven for the Hillbilly team. Part of the stress that might be put on the team is travel and the drivers not being able to be around the garage as much as they would like too. I'm not blaming The Hills for the effort they put forth, like I said, I've heard nothing but great things about the family.

RGeeProductions
08-26-2009, 07:15 PM
#4 & #28 have had few too...

MJProcko
08-27-2009, 12:56 PM
Could you imagine if we had the chrome horn and such back in the hey day.

Imagine the posts when Bugsy left the 3.
Reggie and Mario splitting-each time.
How many drivers did Bobby Judkins and Bob Garbarino have?
I think it would have been chaos... :D

Axel
08-27-2009, 04:41 PM
I think it would have been chaos... :D

Ray Staatz: What he means is Old Testament, Chrome Horn fans, real wrath of God type stuff. Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling!
Egon Spengler: Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes...
Winston Zeddemore: The dead rising from the grave!
Peter Venkman: Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

Wow-- sometimes I'm glad I dont have the internet! :cheers:

Brian Hawks
08-27-2009, 07:29 PM
Ray Staatz: What he means is Old Testament, Chrome Horn fans, real wrath of God type stuff. Fire and brimstone coming down from the skies! Rivers and seas boiling!
Egon Spengler: Forty years of darkness! Earthquakes, volcanoes...
Winston Zeddemore: The dead rising from the grave!
Peter Venkman: Human sacrifice, dogs and cats living together... mass hysteria!

Wow-- sometimes I'm glad I dont have the internet! :cheers:

And the man quotes my fav movie on a website about my fav race cars.. classic.