PDA

View Full Version : Car Counts!!!

Spanky1975
08-25-2009, 09:06 PM
I had a very good time on Sunday except for my car bringing out the only red flag of the 4 cyl. race. The only problem that I could see was the pitiful car counts in both divisions. With that number of cars it was not an enduro race in my book. There are the same drivers that show up race after race but that number is getting to be smaller every appearance at the track. Pretty soon we will only have ten of the same cars coming to each enduro race. When it reaches that point I would not doubt if the days of enduro racing at mountain (Sundance) will be over. As everyone knows ABC's will most likely not be sponsoring our series after this year. He has opened up a new dirt track and I can not see Mark giving mountain money for a series when he has his own track to support. (and by the way I wish Mark and all the other ABC personnel the best of luck and great success with there new track.) So I think it boils down to the last two races of this year. I have been racing at mountain for a while now and have watched the cars dwindle. I think that if something is not done now, it will be the last two enduro races at mountain. Lets face it, If you owned a business would you want to sponsor a racing series for a total of twenty junk cars. I know Mike mentioned in the drivers meeting about the economy, but I don't think that has anything to do with our series. It was said that the car that used to cost you 50 bucks now costs 500, but I know alot of those so called (50 dollar cars) have at least 500 tied up into them. Not to mention what is broke or changed between races. So I really do not think that is the problem. The economic problems should most likely be seen in the bigger divisions where you have over 400 in tires alone not to mention the higher cost of the cars alone. I have no Idea why the counts are dwindling but the fact is they are. I think all the drivers as a group should start to make suggestions to better our series. This is why I started this thread. Mike is the Chief Steward and he does go on this message board and will listen. Now my intention is not to talk about the purses or bash the track so as your mother should have told you "If you don't have nothing nice to say don't say it at all". So that being said my first suggestion is I think that at the first race of the year there should be some sort of pit licenses (Like the weekly series) that you could buy to get not only you but your crew in at a discounted rate. I know I myself bring a minimum of two people to the pits every race. And there biggest complaint is the amount of money spent to get in the pits. My second suggestion is maybe go to different tracks that run enduros. Let the people know mountain is out there. I know there are many people not only running mountain, but running Grandview, Big Diamond, Dunn Hill II, Wall, the list goes on. I'm sure most people that like to race enduros know mountain is there, but I would like to think there are still some that don't, and I know I've seen plates from Connecticut, New Jersey, New York and more down at mountain, so most of the people who love to race don't mind the ride. This is just one man's opinion.

I would also like to take this time to apologize to the 15 car, I know I was on your bumper at the beginning of the race, but had no intention of turning you like I did. Sorry

Driver of the 31 4cyl
David Bartuski Jr.

Rowdy Rules 51
08-28-2009, 12:30 PM
dave I'm not sure if there is anything us drivers can do......us guys that show up every single race and bleed sundance blue and yellow can do nothing......we can just count on those drivers that race a part time deal to come threw or some of the guys that raced years ago to come back to the speedway to dance again but if not the enduros are as good as dead......If that's the case I hope that ABC can rest easy knowing pulling sponsorship might have done us in but anyway I thank my uncle Mark for supporting the series since 2005.......but ad god as my witness if transportation allows I WILL be at the speedway in my number 51 getting Rowdy of course!

intense1
08-28-2009, 03:08 PM
Mike is the promoter and he does go on this message board and will listen

Dave,
No, I am not the promoter. I am the Chief Steward.
Yes, I do come on the message board often...many times to set the record straight for those who don't know the facts, tend to start rumors, or just feel they must bash something about the track-which will not be tolerated. (I also have no problem telling Joe C. how I feel about track issues)
And, Yes...I will listen, and if someone has a valid point or a legitimate idea, It will be discussed at the Officials meetings.

:wave:

Speed47
08-31-2009, 10:02 PM
I would love to know if there is going to be a enduro series next year. I am almost done with my camaro. I can't run the thriller division due to the cost of tires. And SVS is the only place I can run it due to the year of the car.