View Full Version : last year for factory stocks???

thriller 34
08-25-2009, 11:51 PM
word on the street is this year is the last season for factory stocks and late models. Is this true...or should i say can it be true.....recently i had decided to return next season to the factory stock division being that i had just had a fresh motor built that is thriller legal and also with how terrible my season had gone i wanted one more good year in the factory stock divison now i hear tonight that these 2 divisions are on the chopping block meaning that i spent alot of money that i would have to spend again if i wanted to return to the track next year as a higher divison....also if this is true alot more people will be angry.....i just recently went with kenny kleppinger to pick up a new monte carlo that was recently gutted to be a brand new thriller.....chris rasley (if any one remembers him from 2007) has talked to me alot lately about next year....a random fan of the track has already been asking me for advice and took my number cause he is building a car.....also you would have to think bob wink and his 3 cars and jeff biegley still has a fresh car for next year after his bad luck this season...also this division is the beginner/affordable divison.....CAN YOU IMAGINE ME MY FIRST YEAR IN THE STREET STOCK DIVISION INSTEAD OF THE THRILLER DIVISION!!!!.....i woulda destroyed my car and 5 others every week!!!.......can any1 shead any light on this...is this fact or myth????? before i go spend any more money ???

White Lightnin
08-26-2009, 08:18 AM
If it's anything like when the Pro Stock division was dumped, just watch for the 2010 schedule and see if your class is on it. If you're waiting for that personal phone call, forget it. :rolleyes:

intense1
08-26-2009, 05:11 PM
The Late Model division has provided some of the most competitive racing this season. The Factory Stocks (Thrillers) have been around since the beginning of the Mountain Speedway era, and has been an excellent feeder division for many who have moved up into other classes.
There are no plans to get rid of either division.

Every division has an "off" night from time to time, when car counts drop. But, one thing that could be looked at over the winter, is a division that consistently has low car counts and little interest. In the best interest of providing a quality racing program, this may be looked at by track management.
A good idea might be to get out and support your division or the one you plan on competing in...now, by showing interest so that if there is a weak link, so to say, we can look into a solution or an alternative.

intense1
08-27-2009, 10:25 AM
If it's anything like when the Pro Stock division was dumped, just watch for the 2010 schedule and see if your class is on it. If you're waiting for that personal phone call, forget it. :rolleyes:

Pro Stocks are welcome to compete with the Late Model division. If you have a Pro Stock and it fits the old Mountain Speedway Pro Stock rules, you can use a box stock 650 cfm four barrel (bolted directly to the intake-no spacer)
Thanks to those who inquired about getting back out to the speedway.

White Lightnin
08-27-2009, 04:28 PM
I guess with a 9 car Late Model field, the Pro Stocks finally have a use again?

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol: :lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

thriller 34
08-27-2009, 07:37 PM
that response got me no ansewers and actually has me more confused.....is there a chance that there will not be a factory stock division next year before i waste more money??? the problem with the division right now is that for the last 2 years there have been dominate cars. This gave people no motivation to build new ones. now this year i think everyone relizes that moyer is dominating because for the last 2 years he was building his car to try and compete with the dominate ones and interest among beginner drivers is starting to grow.....if the track and the powers that be really want to save this divison then over the winter they will get the drivers together have a meeting and say ok what do we need to do to the rulebook schedule exct to make this division they way it was in 2005 or 2006.

Grandstand
08-28-2009, 08:07 AM
This is the last line of Mike's response in the first paragraph...

"There are no plans to get rid of either division."

thriller 34
08-28-2009, 08:39 PM
and then he goes on to say but it could be looked at over the winter....im looking for a guarantee that i will have a division that my car can be competitave in without modifications next season!!!!!