PDA

View Full Version : Back to the Future for A-S

uticamike
08-27-2009, 12:02 AM
The rumors are true it seems. Lots of Mod history at this place. Love seeing this news. Maybe a joint TVMS/ROC event could be possible? From Speed51>

http://www.speed51.com/2009_Stories/ACT/ALbanyAnnouncement.html

Howie
08-27-2009, 12:10 AM
Or...... while you are here just go to the front page of TheChromeHorn

http://www.thechromehorn.com/news/2009/tvmrs/news082609a.htm

gomodsgo
08-27-2009, 07:56 AM
Doesn't this rumor go around each year?
I mean it would be AWESOME if it goes back to asphalt.... but I think I read this last year, posted by the track owner himself to "stir the pot".

CynthiaTork
08-27-2009, 09:34 AM
Doesn't this rumor go around each year?
I mean it would be AWESOME if it goes back to asphalt.... but I think I read this last year, posted by the track owner himself to "stir the pot".

A few years back ('90's maybe) he wanted to strip the clay off to run an ISMA show

Jaws
08-27-2009, 09:38 AM
They took off the clay a few years back and ran a Dirt mod race, I think it took a while for the dust to settle

The only question to me is will they be a weekly track again? I would love to see a tour race there!!

gomodsgo
08-27-2009, 10:49 AM
well looks like it's true. TVMRS has secured a date for 2010.

Jaws
08-27-2009, 12:34 PM

I am so there!! Lets see Full blown Mods SK's and Street Stocks every Friday night.

Although I don't underrstand, I thought the track was doing well with their dirt program. I know a 1/4 mile track started racing Friday nights about 50 miles to the west may have hurt their crowds

night gent
08-27-2009, 12:37 PM
Sounds great. With fonda and lebanon valley in the region it will be nice to have some asphalt races closer to home. Chemung, Shangri la 2 and Oswego are not as close to the greene county, saratoga region and I applaud ownership for the change! Hopefully ISMA, NEMA, WMT will also get on board!

gomodsgo
08-27-2009, 12:42 PM

To add to it................
It was said at the drivers meeting last night there gonna take the clay up this fall and run some pavement races there in the spring than put the clay back down.

Jaws
08-27-2009, 12:47 PM
To add to it................
It was said at the drivers meeting last night there gonna take the clay up this fall and run some pavement races there in the spring than put the clay back down.

Fall is almost here, they better announce soon what they are going to do!!

rumrunner
08-27-2009, 06:20 PM
I thought that might be the case. They probably want to bring in new clay so it was a perfect reason to run some asphalt races. Maybe it's a test to see if they can go asphalt full time someday.

I may be dreaming but does anyone remember when Fulton was listed on the Featherlite Modified Tour schedule back in the mid 90's? I remember seeing it on the small hand out schedules. I'm sure it never happened but was wondering if there was a story behind it.

CynthiaTork
08-27-2009, 06:36 PM
Like Albany-Saratoga, I know the asphalt is still under Fulton too. The super mods ran there into the late 70's, maybe early 80's

Jaws
08-27-2009, 07:07 PM
Like Albany-Saratoga, I know the asphalt is still under Fulton too. The super mods ran there into the late 70's, maybe early 80's

Charlie J won a 100 lapper at Fulton one year (I believe)

hollywoodmic
08-28-2009, 06:42 PM
Albany -Saratoga has to go to asphalt if they want to race at all. A large factory is being built close by and they would not buy the property or build on it unless all the dust was gone from the Dirt track. It is creating jobs for the local people so the owner agreed to it. My brother went there back in July and this was what one of the locals told him.

Jaws
08-28-2009, 08:38 PM
Albany -Saratoga has to go to asphalt if they want to race at all. A large factory is being built close by and they would not buy the property or build on it unless all the dust was gone from the Dirt track. It is creating jobs for the local people so the owner agreed to it. My brother went there back in July and this was what one of the locals told him.

So I guess they won't have any enduro's or demo's or burnouts after races!!

Captain History
08-28-2009, 11:20 PM
Fulton and Utica-Rome's last asphalt seasons were 1978.
Charlie Jarzombek never won a Fulton feature.