PDA

View Full Version : Old-Timers Racing Reunion @ The Himes Museum

EDGEnterprises
08-28-2009, 09:32 PM
Old-Timers Racing Reunion will be held once again on August 30th, 2009 at the Himes Museum of Motor Racing Nostalgia in Bay Shore. Plenty of old time racers, crews, and fans will be on hand, and there will be free hot dogs and soda as we did last year.

Be there to meet and greet of the Old Timer's, Buy some Diecasts/Toys that will be For Sale, and You Can Browse through the entire the Museum. All to begin at 10am on Sunday.

You can find the directions @ www.thehimesmuseum.com or you can call Marty at the Museum @ 631-666-4912.

Support the Man & The Museum of has kept the memory of racing alive on Long Island!

SuperShafts
08-28-2009, 09:36 PM
Post this on some other forums.

EDGEnterprises
08-28-2009, 09:39 PM
Please post...

broz
08-28-2009, 09:55 PM
I don't understand why you waited until two days before to promote this? There are people who actually don't live on LI and would need to know this type of thing in advance. Like 30 days? 3 months? Little late to get a plane ticket now :confused:

EDGEnterprises
08-28-2009, 09:57 PM
It's been the same date for the past lets look back.. 8 years or so. The LAST SUNDAY of August. And you could ALWAYS call Marty @ The Himes Museum to get the details at any time during the year. His phone number has been the same for the past 39 years, so can't be that hard to get a hold of him... Everyone else has!

631-666-4912
thehimesmuseum.com

Captain History
08-28-2009, 11:01 PM
You could probably get a better response and participation if you plan ahead and get the word out months ahead of time. Don't assume that everyone knows about it or remembers when it's held every year.

RGeeProductions
08-28-2009, 11:05 PM
I have to agree with you Mark, I think that was broz's point. I have been very, very busy myself and was unaware of this also.

Hollywood
08-29-2009, 07:08 AM
AARN Had a peice 2 weeks ago

figure849
08-29-2009, 08:02 AM
Marty called me a few weeks back.

W. J.
08-30-2009, 04:46 PM
If you didn't go, you missed a great time with great people. Marty's is always a fun place to visit on days like this, you just never know who will show up! :)

Lots of fun helping Marty celebrate birthday '39' once again....

btgoss
08-30-2009, 10:01 PM
I am sorry I missed it this year. It was such a beautiful day too.

While it has been held the same time every year, I think I notice on here would have been a nice thing to do, that is just my two cents.
(More then 2 days out, some of us try to take the weekends off from the internet or may not check this site until the end of the weekend.)

Of course, for me as a regular fan type of person, missing this just makes the absence of something at the track that much more apparent.

Did anyone take some pictures? Maybe start a Flickr group or use the galleries here?