PDA

View Full Version : once again Lazy Promoters MVS canceld because of 60% chance of Sun

Fisha695
08-29-2009, 11:56 AM
Yup MVS canceled again for a 40% chance of rain.

That's 60% chance of SUN.

I mean look at the http://hostingbytes.us/images/2/442053.gif Radar, the only rain in the state is out by Erie and it's moving north.

1pm = 5%
2pm = 20%
3pm = 10%
4pm = 10%
5pm = 45%
6pm = 40%
7pm = 40%
8pm = 40%
9pm = 40%
10pm = 30%
11pm = 30%

Yeah that sure does look an (quote dino) "unfavorable forecast" NOT

:mad:

White Lightnin
08-29-2009, 12:25 PM
I don't think that any one from Mahoning reads this board. :(

Just not enough insanity allowed here like the last one. :applause:

Fisha695
08-29-2009, 12:28 PM
I don't think that any one from Mahoning reads this board. :(

Just not enough insanity allowed here like the last one. :applause:

Yeah I know they don't read it just needed a place to vent.. l0l

I should email Gina and ask where Doug's racing tonight so so we can go watch too .... :lol:

White Lightnin
08-29-2009, 12:38 PM
Yeah I know they don't read it just needed a place to vent.. l0l

I understand completely :cheers:

I kind of miss the ol' MVS forum - it certainly was hysterical !!

bubba
08-29-2009, 02:56 PM
Did anyone ever think turn 3 was underwater, or how about the underground springs from turn 3 to turn 4. Real safe to run a car over the water. They made the right call PERIOD. Maybe if people would put money into a car and not a new keyboard every now and then they would think before they post.:mad::mad: We already ran on an unsafe track this year, that was follow the leader. Bennett's car was nearly destroyed, half the pro4 heat almost put their car in the wall when a slower car ran threw the water. Good call MVS management:applause::applause:

RGeeProductions
08-29-2009, 03:09 PM
Actually, the 3 different sites I checked calls for 60% rain and there is a strip of storms moving EASTERLY toward Mahoning. Besides the fact of rain there already that bubba mentioned...

Fisha695
08-29-2009, 05:01 PM
Did anyone ever think turn 3 was underwater, or how about the underground springs from turn 3 to turn 4. Real safe to run a car over the water. They made the right call PERIOD. Maybe if people would put money into a car and not a new keyboard every now and then they would think before they post.:mad::mad: We already ran on an unsafe track this year, that was follow the leader. Bennett's car was nearly destroyed, half the pro4 heat almost put their car in the wall when a slower car ran threw the water. Good call MVS management:applause::applause:

I was at the track yesterday night (I live less then a mile from it) and there was no water on the track that I could see from down back in the woods.

And we did put money into the car, lots of money into the car over the past few weeks and we're ready to get back out there.

Actually, the 3 different sites I checked calls for 60% rain and there is a strip of storms moving EASTERLY toward Mahoning. Besides the fact of rain there already that bubba mentioned...

You were looking at the wrong weather then. Ever since yesterday it has never been over 45% for today for the hourly percents. And that line of storms did the same thing they always do, hit the mountains on the other side of State College, stall and break up. It's 80 and sunny out here and hasn't even misted since about 8am, and it's not going to.

RGeeProductions
08-29-2009, 05:12 PM
http://www.intellicast.com/National/Radar/Current.aspx?location=USNY0124&enlarge=true&animate=true
Sorry, sure looked like it....

bubba
08-29-2009, 05:20 PM
So let me get this straight 1) yesterday night or as normal people call last evening while you admited to trespassing on private property to check on the tracks condition when it was still raining in lehighton at 6:00am this morning.2)Im so sorry I never knew you put so much money into Kirks car,guess Ill ask him next time I see him. Do us all a favor If your such an expert on racing ,buy into the track and then run it the way you want. Lets see how great you really are . Its people like you that got Mahonings forum shut down. :mad: Be glad of what we have before its gone. Thats all I am going say I spoke my Piece and I expect you trash me now so go ahead.:wave::wave: Bye bye Josh

Fisha695
08-29-2009, 05:33 PM
So let me get this straight 1) yesterday night or as normal people call last evening while you admited to trespassing on private property to check on the tracks condition when it was still raining in lehighton at 6:00am this morning.2)Im so sorry I never knew you put so much money into Kirks car,guess Ill ask him next time I see him. Do us all a favor If your such an expert on racing ,buy into the track and then run it the way you want. Lets see how great you really are . Its people like you that got Mahonings forum shut down. :mad: Be glad of what we have before its gone. Thats all I am going say I spoke my Piece and I expect you trash me now so go ahead.:wave::wave: Bye bye Josh

1. That Creek is public property.
2. Outside of the fence around the track is public property
3. I never said I put my personal money into the car
4. Time is money
5. I could have swore that during the off season you guys said that you weren't coming back to MVS that you were going to Mountain or somewhere else because you were tired of putting up with the "Managements" crap at MVS.
6. If I had the extra money I would buy into the track. Then I'd rip it down, turn it into a 3/8 mile track with two unique sets of turns, SAFER barriers with a level concrete paddock (at least enough for the mods and LM's), and I'd spend the extra money upfront to get it to be a sanctioned track so that the drivers/teams will get extra point-fund money at the end of the year besides just the Hoosier money.
7. I haven't been on the MVS forum in over a year.

Oh and uh... :wave: Frank

Fisha695
08-29-2009, 05:42 PM
http://www.intellicast.com/National/Radar/Current.aspx?location=USNY0124&enlarge=true&animate=true
Sorry, sure looked like it....

Radar only tells you the picture of the moisture in the air at the elevation the radar station is located at. Hence the reason why you can look at 10 different radars and they will show you 10 different images as to how long/wide/severe a storm is.

6pm = 5%
7pm = 10%
8pm = 10%
9pm = 0%
10pm = 10%
11pm = 10%
12am = 30%
1am = 20%
2am = 10%
3am = 10%

Hmmm maybe it's like last weekend where it must have been raining so fast that you couldn't even see it and it was creating so much heat from friction of the speed that it was drying off before it even hit the ground ;)

W. J.
08-29-2009, 06:09 PM
According to that link (at this time), it isn't raining in Riverhead either.

BUT, it has to be not raining for hours before racing so the teams can prep and practice, so............

creyer76
08-29-2009, 07:26 PM
1. That Creek is public property.
2. Outside of the fence around the track is public property
3. I never said I put my personal money into the car
4. Time is money
5. I could have swore that during the off season you guys said that you weren't coming back to MVS that you were going to Mountain or somewhere else because you were tired of putting up with the "Managements" crap at MVS.
6. If I had the extra money I would buy into the track. Then I'd rip it down, turn it into a 3/8 mile track with two unique sets of turns, SAFER barriers with a level concrete paddock (at least enough for the mods and LM's), and I'd spend the extra money upfront to get it to be a sanctioned track so that the drivers/teams will get extra point-fund money at the end of the year besides just the Hoosier money.
7. I haven't been on the MVS forum in over a year.

Oh and uh... :wave: Frank

this from the kid who used to climbs trees to watch races and once sugested putting a "roof" over the track as of right now a band of thunder storms are rolling thru lehighton

RGeeProductions
08-29-2009, 10:13 PM
Radar only tells you the picture of the moisture in the air at the elevation the radar station is located at. Hence the reason why you can look at 10 different radars and they will show you 10 different images as to how long/wide/severe a storm is.

6pm = 5%
7pm = 10%
8pm = 10%
9pm = 0%
10pm = 10%
11pm = 10%
12am = 30%
1am = 20%
2am = 10%
3am = 10%

Hmmm maybe it's like last weekend where it must have been raining so fast that you couldn't even see it and it was creating so much heat from friction of the speed that it was drying off before it even hit the ground ;)

Hey thanks for the update. I NEVER knew how to look for and tell weather at a certain point in the United States....Thanks buddy!!!

Fisha695
08-29-2009, 11:08 PM
this from the kid who used to climbs trees to watch races and once sugested putting a "roof" over the track as of right now a band of thunder storms are rolling thru lehighton

Never watched the races from the trees.

And putting a roof over the track isn't that bad of an idea, and it's not that 'outthere' . I guess you never heard of the Chili-Bowl? It's a 1/4 mile track (dirt) that is indoors and host one of the biggest races in this country every year. Or you never heard of the Brandt Pittsburgh Racing Complex (also ironically known as Mahoning Valley Motor Speedway), which sadly never got off the ground due to lack of funding, but that would have been a 1/2 mile indoor track. Or the ones in Michigan & CT that were in planning stages before running out of money.

Oh and one band of rain came through town, it rained for less then 5 minutes and the little back-road up by my step-dads house was dry within 45 minutes and it gets no traffic.

W. J.
08-30-2009, 08:45 AM
Fisha, if you are willing to bear the cost of trying to open, and getting rained out anyway, I'm sure the Hoffmans will be happy to change their policy. It could mean a large amount of money for all the food that would have to be thrown out after being thawed, but I'm sure with your skills as a weather forecaster, you'd be willing to take the risk for them. Then there are the employees that have to be paid, since they did show up and try to run. After all, you wouldn't work for 'free' just because the forecasted rains actually came and wiped out the show.

Maybe you really need to look into the cost of opening the gates each week, and then you might look at things differently. Then again, maybe not....

33Munky34
08-30-2009, 04:32 PM
WJ, the olny thing this kid is good at is running his mouth.