PDA

View Full Version : To increase support....

STU
08-29-2009, 03:51 PM
pits= $20
Entry fee $50
Transponder $10
Grandstands=$7 ($5 if you show stub from last Saturday night race)
The night before let us have a 15 lapper at the end of the regular show, no purse, just for fun. That might get some of the saturday fans interested in going the next day. We have to do something to get more cars and people to the track. I think this is a good idea to start building on. JMO
Lets here some other ideas. Try to keep them positive in nature all the bashing is getting old.
Cory 1x

Maddawg
08-29-2009, 04:26 PM
I think this is a good idea. The only problem I personally have with it ...is I have3 factory stocks that we run on Sat nights. It would be impossible to also bring the enduro car up too. If this does happen I will still as always continue to support the Mtn madness series. Just won't be able to race the enduro car on a Sat. night.
Keep the ideas coming everyone ----- we need to figure out some way to Save our enduro's at Sundance

propane1075
08-31-2009, 10:22 PM
First off, I think Mike does a fine job with what he has to work with, but as you said Mike each and every one of us, has to help promote the sport. I think we all do help in promoting the sport, but $28 for a pit pass plus car registration, adds up for a family. I think Corey's idea has potential, but also why not try and run a headliner show with us. For example, maybe a factory stock, thriller or late model race. Let them run first, then have the endoros. You know the late models bring a decent crowd.
As far as the car count that is a whole other story. You asked, so I am going to tell you my thoughts. First and foremost it gets very discouraging when you read the rules and build a car by the rules, and then the rules do not seem to apply. Take for instance rule #3; it states that components will be stock for year and make of vehicle. My question is why are stock springs on average 18" or so high uncompressed and we are seeing short or very short springs? I am not going to dwell on this, however are these stock? Again rule #15 states suspension must be stock components, maybe we need to clarify what stock means? Finally, rule #24 last sentence read it, what do you get out of it?
FORGET THE BOUNTY!
My feelings are and this is just my feelings. Get back to the basics and they will come. Why should someone dump a $1000 (roughly) to come down there and not even have a chance at winning or placing in the top 10. It seems like the odds are against you before you even unload the car. Bottom line
1. Drop the prices
2. Run a headliner show along with us
3. get back to the basics
4. stick to the rules set
5. have fun and enjoy the ride

STU
09-02-2009, 05:26 PM
For 2010 a March maddness series. Have one every Saturday that month. Big D. and G-view won't be running yet so there would be on conflict. Cut the entry fee in half and I know I can do the four weeks in row.
Just an other idea.

Spanky1975
09-02-2009, 08:10 PM
I really don't think that there will be any price reductions at the speedway. If anything Joe will say that since there are only ten cars running we have to charge them triple to make up for the other twenty cars that are missing, but I do agree there should be more races, but I think they should be spread out over the summer. I already have a knot in my stomach about the race coming up in September. You are going to have Dunn Hill 2 running, and also Big Diamond's enduro is that day. I hope there is at least ten of us.

Also wanted to add and I think this is a question for Geno. Is it possible to have a preregistration on the web site so we have an idea of how many cars will be showing up for the next event?

Spanky1975
09-02-2009, 08:21 PM
Not really an enduro issue, but I think it would be a good idea to get rid of the tire rule for the 4cly's in the weekly series. I think you would sell a lot more pit passes at the beginning of the year and god knows I would be making a lot more visits to the track. And I bet I'm not the only one.

Geno
09-02-2009, 09:23 PM
Personally, I don't have a problem with posting pre reistrations. However, what usually seems to happen with that sort of thing is that drivers pre register and then don't show anyhow. I'll ask the powers to be about it though.

Spanky1975
09-03-2009, 11:08 AM
I think this is a good idea. The only problem I personally have with it ...is I have3 factory stocks that we run on Sat nights. It would be impossible to also bring the enduro car up too. If this does happen I will still as always continue to support the Mtn madness series. Just won't be able to race the enduro car on a Sat. night.
Keep the ideas coming everyone ----- we need to figure out some way to Save our enduro's at Sundance

Just bring another set of tires, hell with the locked rear. Mop up the field and take the DQ. Most of us are just out there for the thrill of the ride.

STU
09-04-2009, 12:48 PM
Write up story on how easy it is to get into enduro racing (with a little hard work) and put it in the Standard Speaker. Maybe a few guys out there will say what I did a few years ago "hey, what am I waiting for? I can do this"
add a list of easy to understand rules, pix of what a race ready car should look like etc.
When it goes to a series backer, this has "Harry's u-pull it" written all over it. Worth a phone call anyway.
Keep the ideas coming!

Mobigsly
09-06-2009, 10:16 AM
I'll conduct a class for you. Minimun 5 people to start a 1 week class. Bring their cars, money for tubing, and beer.

Spanky1975
09-08-2009, 08:37 AM
First off, I think Mike does a fine job with what he has to work with, but as you said Mike each and every one of us, has to help promote the sport. I think we all do help in promoting the sport, but $28 for a pit pass plus car registration, adds up for a family. I think Corey's idea has potential, but also why not try and run a headliner show with us. For example, maybe a factory stock, thriller or late model race. Let them run first, then have the endoros. You know the late models bring a decent crowd.
As far as the car count that is a whole other story. You asked, so I am going to tell you my thoughts. First and foremost it gets very discouraging when you read the rules and build a car by the rules, and then the rules do not seem to apply. Take for instance rule #3; it states that components will be stock for year and make of vehicle. My question is why are stock springs on average 18" or so high uncompressed and we are seeing short or very short springs? I am not going to dwell on this, however are these stock? Again rule #15 states suspension must be stock components, maybe we need to clarify what stock means? Finally, rule #24 last sentence read it, what do you get out of it?
FORGET THE BOUNTY!
My feelings are and this is just my feelings. Get back to the basics and they will come. Why should someone dump a $1000 (roughly) to come down there and not even have a chance at winning or placing in the top 10. It seems like the odds are against you before you even unload the car. Bottom line
1. Drop the prices
2. Run a headliner show along with us
3. get back to the basics
4. stick to the rules set
5. have fun and enjoy the ride

All I know is S&M Motorsports had three cars on the track at one point and now they are down to one. Lets get on the stick and get at least another car on the track. I know there is usually a garage full of drivers down in White Haven on a daily basis. Either that or give Tito a tetanus shot and tell him to pull the bent up 410 out of the trailer.

Spanky1975
09-08-2009, 08:38 AM
I'll conduct a class for you. Minimun 5 people to start a 1 week class. Bring their cars, money for tubing, and beer.

Do they have to bring a garbage can or are they supplied?

Spanky1975
09-09-2009, 01:07 PM
I think if less than 25 cars total show up they should mix us all together for 200 laps. I think it would be a good show for the people in the stands. I don't know about a 79 New Yorker hitting my plastic saturn, but I think it would be alot of fun outrunning some of the V8's.

RACERX
09-09-2009, 01:12 PM
spanky i think we could outrun all of the v8s. jeff walls did it with a v6:D

Spanky1975
09-10-2009, 08:31 AM
Maybe if it rained we could take all the V8's, but thats still a tall order.

Spanky1975
09-10-2009, 07:25 PM
I'm thinkin for the last race of the enduro series that Mark should bring back the car crusher. I know there are some people that would just show up to see a car being crushed. Even though half the cars on the track look like they already went through the crusher. Not digging at the 41 either, just think it might fill the stands.

Mobigsly
09-12-2009, 12:05 AM
I agree with mixing the big cars with the little cars and trucks. I mean little cars as 2 of them are as long as mine. There was trucks and 4 cyl. racing with us last race, Why not add all the laps up for a grand daddy 250 lapper. Paiy the top 5 truck, top 5 V8's and top 5 4 bangers. ORRRRRRRRRRR!!!!!! Run 300 laps. Throw the white flag at 149 and a yellow flag at 150 laps. Refuel, line up in the order they crossed the yellow flag in lap 150 and race another 150 laps. Call it the tripple 300!!

propane1075
09-12-2009, 08:35 AM
T.J. i like your idea. were is everyone else with there ideas? we all stand around in the pits and talk sh#$%t but only a few are voicing there opinion. come on guys lets here your ideas. maybe somone will listen. fyi. i here the 410 might make a special return i might have to come early from oc bike week to see this.

Mobigsly
09-12-2009, 01:24 PM
The 410's apperance is confirmed. Steve was at the doctors friday getting his tetanus shot, show the car will be taking the green on the 20th

STU
09-12-2009, 01:28 PM
Give us a few hot laps to shake down the cars. Not too much to ask.
Lots of good ideas so far. Can anyone from the track comment on this thread?
I for one would like to hear the track's imput too.

Spanky1975
09-12-2009, 03:59 PM
Mix them all up, the more the merrier. The only thing I disagree with is the pitting for fuel idea. If you want to run a 350 or 360 that is your own fault if your fuel cell is not big enough to finish 300 laps. My 1.9 Saturn will do 300 laps on a half of tank. And if we are taking it to the point of 300 laps I think that next year mountain should also put on a feature like the 24 Hours of Lemons does. Just bring 1 car, 4 to 6 drivers, at least 20 spare tires, a tanker truck of fuel, some food, and a toolbox loaded with tools. Start advertising for this race at the begining of next year and have the event when the wheather will be half decent. Charge each team five hundred bucks at the gate, no hidden fees, but make the purse worth it. The object of the race would be to complete the most laps in a 24 hour period. I think an event like this would draw racers from every track. Not to mention the spectators, In a 24 hour period you would have people coming to see what is going on for two days in a row. Even offer them a camping spot in the back of the parking lot for a fee. Just something to think about.

Spanky1975
09-12-2009, 04:35 PM
Hey Propane, do I cut the right front spring shorter or the left front?

propane1075
09-13-2009, 06:21 PM
Spanky, dont get me started on the springs. when are you going to rent the track so i can show you how to hit the wall and keep going.its easy dont lift hit wall keep going dont be scared. and then maybe that mirrior driven paint tradin side kick of yours T.J. can show you the proper way of tradin paint. HA> HA> HA> :p:p:p:p

Spanky1975
09-13-2009, 10:01 PM
I was acctually going to ask your sidekick cop buddy how to trade paint properly. I don't think me or TJ had anyone in the pits asking us why did you spin me. By the way did Zoke file that police report for that accident yet or can he still not figure it out.

Marv72
09-14-2009, 07:05 AM
last several comments are funny as hell.

I read through this post and there are a couple of great ideas. Here is another idea. Have all 3 classes come for a Friday night show. (Does not bother your Sat. shows) Everyone runs under the lights. If the problem is "We can not afford the lights at the track for an Enduro race" Then add $10 a person to the pit fee to help cover the lights for that show.

I know it pumps up the drivers to run under the lights and the fans like the show better (see metal hitting metal (sparks)) and the sun is not a factor meaning the temp is cooler.

You also can make this a non points race with a good purse. Meaning you might get other cars from other tracks to come for the purse and Enduro under the lights.

:cool:

mudwolf
09-14-2009, 05:04 PM
Whats it cost now to enter the enduro?
Entry fee?
Pit pass?
Transponder?
I run at BD and it cost $70 Total
and what radio do you need?

Spanky1975
09-14-2009, 09:33 PM
Did anyone see the deal going in the classifieds? Check it out. Perfect race ready car for anyone.

Spanky1975
09-14-2009, 09:34 PM
Whats it cost now to enter the enduro?
Entry fee?
Pit pass?
Transponder?
I run at BD and it cost $70 Total
and what radio do you need?

It is 50 to register
12 for a transponder
28 for a pit pass
and 100 laps of going sideways "priceless"

You will save the 20 in water, you don't have to get all that mud out of everything when your done running at mountain.

Hope to see you there.

intense1
09-14-2009, 09:36 PM
Mudwolf,
Entry fee is $50
Pit pass is $28
AMB Transponder rental is $12 (or, $5 to register your own-with handicapper)
You need a scanner capable of monitoring the race director (154.600 mhz)

Thanks for the input.
-The track surface is very vulnerable in March, due to the Spring thaw. Therefore, a March series wouldn't be possible.
-The FWD class has become very competitive. The Hoosier tire that they are running on, is excellent, lasts, and puts everyone on a level playing field.
-We do not have any intentions of pre-registering cars. You can just show up and race.
-Big and Small cars cannot be mixed due to the extreme weight difference between the 4000 lb "Grouchmobiles", and the 2000 lb plastic Saturns...an obvious safety factor.
-Keeping with the spirit of Enduro racing, we have no plans to run "hot" laps, on Enduro days. Transponder checks only.
-We tried a Saturday night show, and only a handful of cars showed up.

I can't wait to Enduro those 2010 Camaros, Challengers, and Mustangs :applause:

Spanky1975
09-15-2009, 07:54 AM
Mike,
What about the 24 hour moonlight madness feature? Even saved you some work and named the event. And if the noise thing is a problem run 12 hours the first day, and 12 hours the second day.

riceys1
09-15-2009, 09:54 AM
The saturday night show was rained out and the rain date was sunday so i'm thinking thats why not alot of people showed up and we never got another shot at a saturday night race because of a poor car count on a rain date

STU
09-16-2009, 07:19 PM
Mike, you metioned 2010, give us a look into the future. What will next year hold for the enduro drivers?
Cory
1x

intense1
09-16-2009, 08:20 PM
FROSTBITE 4...Saturday-January 2, 2010.

propane1075
09-16-2009, 09:58 PM
I was acctually going to ask your sidekick cop buddy how to trade paint properly. I don't think me or TJ had anyone in the pits asking us why did you spin me. By the way did Zoke file that police report for that accident yet or can he still not figure it out.

As we reviewed the in car camera video it was determined that it was impossible for the 50 to spin the ah ah ah what ever that guys number was:wave:
and we havent ben able to find the red headed anouncer yet to speak to him
i do believe thay put an APB on on him though. :):):)and tito is looking for donations to get the 410 back out i gave him new exhaust anybody else have any thing???????????????:D:D:D:D

Spanky1975
09-16-2009, 11:05 PM
What does Tito need? I happen to have a few chevy parts layin round, and if not might know someone that does. Might be able to find him a new beer can for the roof.

Rowdy Rules 51
09-17-2009, 04:44 PM
As we reviewed the in car camera video it was determined that it was impossible for the 50 to spin the ah ah ah what ever that guys number was:wave:
and we havent ben able to find the red headed anouncer yet to speak to him
i do believe thay put an APB on on him though. :):):)and tito is looking for donations to get the 410 back out i gave him new exhaust anybody else have any thing???????????????:D:D:D:D

I'm not hard to find what do you need "the red headed announcer" for? and my input is I Love the idea of racing in the 24 hour races!!!.... See you ALL on Sunday and by ALL i am hoping alot!

EricaR
09-17-2009, 05:24 PM
Mike,
What about the 24 hour moonlight madness feature? Even saved you some work and named the event. And if the noise thing is a problem run 12 hours the first day, and 12 hours the second day.

I'm thinking that the officials don't like that idea very much...I know I don't....I love all you guys...but my first thought when I read that was..."Oh God, please NOOOOO! I'm not working it...nope, hell no!" And I'm sure the other officials are with me.

Rowdy Rules 51
09-17-2009, 06:50 PM
I'm thinking that the officials don't like that idea very much...I know I don't....I love all you guys...but my first thought when I read that was..."Oh God, please NOOOOO! I'm not working it...nope, hell no!" And I'm sure the other officials are with me.

LOL who needs officials Erica.... I'm only kidding all of you do a great job see you on Sunday:wave:......and yeah she has a good point i know few if any officials would work that and poor Geno's vocal cords would be shot!

Mobigsly
09-18-2009, 06:27 PM
Inside track. 2 Ttio Motorsports cars will be taking the green. Tito is finishing up the welding tonight in hiss @ssless chaps.

RacerMom56k
09-18-2009, 07:42 PM
We really didn't want to know that!!!:confused: See ya there Sunday!!:)

Spanky1975
09-18-2009, 09:38 PM

Just have the workers take shifts, just like the drivers, I'm sure we can wrestle up enough people to keep things going thru the night. My only worry would be the transponders working through the night.

Geno
09-18-2009, 09:54 PM
Kind of has a ring to it!
LS3- who needs vocal cords? After 300-laps we'll have to rely on Brad for the whole scoring situation!:)

titomotorsports
09-21-2009, 07:27 PM
Hope everyone enjoyed the show on sunday ,I had a blast. Hope to put on a performance nov. 1 !!!!!! Need some help from other drivers to make show better. :angel::help::D:D

Geno
09-23-2009, 07:22 PM
Nice to have you back Tito:cheers:

Spanky1975
09-23-2009, 09:11 PM
Geno, I bet I could give you the car numbers of at least five V8 drivers that would disagree with that statement.

Buckshot11
12-05-2009, 01:42 PM
How 'bout a driver referral program. For every new driver a current driver brings to the track they get $20 off the entry fee per race for the first year. :wave:

Eg. Bring a new driver Jan 2nd and get $20 off the entry fee. Bring the driver again Feb 27th and get $20 off again...continue until the end of the year and make yourself $140.

Make it even more interesting $500 year end bonus to the person who brings the most new drivers. Ill bet that starts bringing in more people. Maybe a trophy too ha ha:lol:

RACERX
12-05-2009, 03:30 PM
but you will have to spend some of $$$$ to get your 5dollar trophy. Im sorry thats still a sore subject with me. if you support all year long and you dont show up at the banquet they take your season award away.complete and total BS!!!!!!!:mad: