PDA

View Full Version : Nascar Hall of Fame

NONCENT$
09-01-2009, 07:31 AM
Last night on (Speed) hosted by Ken Squire, they were showing construction of the new Nascar Hall of Fame being built in Charlotte. The first 25 nonimees were featured, and it was really exciting to see a short video of the modified king, and some still pictures of the finish at Martinsville where he and Geoff Bodine crashed across the finish line.
The mods were mentioned a couple of times, referring to the original mod coupes, and being the oldest division in Nascar. It was also nice to hear that the number 61 is the ONLY Nascar number retired.
Check out the website, where you can view a video of all the nominees, and register to vote
LETS GET RICHIE IN 1st YEAR!!

http://www.nascar.com/promos/hof

rapidroman
09-01-2009, 12:03 PM
thanks for the post. went to the site and then into a cattle shoot that would not allow me to vote for the greatest nascar driver of all time. go figure. anyway, let's keep trying.

NONCENT$
09-02-2009, 12:13 PM
The voting is open on Nascar.com. All you do is fill out the info, and pick 1 to 5 nominees. If you click on Vote, and the info blocks don't appear, just hit refresh. Once you fill out the required info and confirm info at the bottom of the page, it will allow you to cast your votes right away

LETS GET RICHIE IN AND SHOW THE SUITS THAT THE MODS ARE THE BEST DIVISION, WITH MANY GREAT DRIVERS.

(For those who visit other mod related sites, spread the word around to the community)

kinserfan11
09-02-2009, 04:50 PM
Why not mike stefanik?:cheers:

ModTourMan
09-02-2009, 07:44 PM
Initially, I felt that Evans had only a slim chance to make the NASCAR Hall of Fame on the first ballot, but the more I think of it, the more I remember how he is remembered by the France family and the rest of the old guard in Daytona. I suspect the majority of the TV only NASCAR Cup fans will vote for the usual suspects and wonder "who this Evans guy is", but keep in mind that the fan vote contributes only a small portion to the overall tally. Evans may not make it this year but it's only a matter of time - a short time - before he does!

catfish
09-03-2009, 08:57 AM
kinserfan, as great as Mike is, he will be in a class in a few years. he is not and this is my opinion only not first class HOF, this is reserved for the pioneers of Nascar. Second class HOF first ballot. Plus he is still racing HOF is generally for when your retired

Axel
09-03-2009, 11:13 AM
the induction process is kinda intersting. Besideas the fan votes, there's gotta be some Richie Evan allies in this bunch.

Hall of Fame Induction Process
Nominating Committee (20 members)
• Seven NASCAR representatives.
• NASCAR Hall of Fame Executive Director.
• NASCAR Hall of Fame Historian.
• Two track owners from International Speedway Corporation.
• Two track owners from Speedway Motorsports Incorporated.
• Track owner from Indianapolis Motor Speedway.
• Track owner from Dover International Speedway.
• Track owner from Pocono Raceway.
• Four track owners from historic short tracks: Bowman-Gray Speedway in Winston-Salem, N.C.; Greenville-Pickens Speedway in Greenville, S.C.; Riverhead Raceway in Riverhead, N.Y; and Toyota Speedway at Irwindale in Irwindale, Calif.

Voting Committee (47 members plus one fan vote)
• 20 members of the nominating committee.
• 14 media representatives: Three each from the National Motorsports Press Association, the Associated Press Sports Editors and the Eastern Motorsports Press Association; one each from FOX, Turner Sports, ESPN, MRN and PRN.
• One representative each from Chevrolet, Dodge, Ford and Toyota.
• Three retired drivers.
• Three retired owners.
• Three retired crew chiefs.
• Fan vote.

rapidroman
09-04-2009, 09:53 PM
thanks for the post. i just voted. richie evans is on the first 25 ballot. i will not rest until richie is in the top 5. i want him in that first class. he really deserves it. i want to get the ghost car and trailer it to charlotte. go richie.
what makes richie unique: 1) modifieds were the first and longest running nascar division. 2) his statistics are untouchable. 3) his contribution to the sport as he repeatedly went to bill france banging the table for the modifieds and other drivers. 4) richie evans was liked by his fellow competitors like no driver in the history of the sport.

all this and yet he did it from a gas station. while some people wrapped white sheets around their car to conceal, richie openly helped others while adjusting his valves before the race. i mean, this was an incredible golden age of nascar with rippin competition. oh, man, i love the modifieds...

good'n you?

The Bullfather
09-04-2009, 10:08 PM
1st ballot should only be the true pioneers of racing!!! Bill France Sr. and gang that started NASCAR! The Daytona beach gang! Every HoF pays tribute to the originals first, those who are list will make it in time. Give credit where credit is due and praises where praise is due!:)

kinserfan11
09-04-2009, 10:39 PM
kinserfan, as great as Mike is, he will be in a class in a few years. he is not and this is my opinion only not first class HOF, this is reserved for the pioneers of Nascar. Second class HOF first ballot. Plus he is still racing HOF is generally for when your retired
Catfish; in Sprint Car Racing; to get in the hof a you have to be OVER 50 and you can still race; just ask Steve Kinser:cheers: and Jac Haudenchild; Sammy Swindell; Why NOT in Nascar?:(

Howie
09-04-2009, 10:57 PM
Jeff - This is the first class to be inducted. The sprint car hof is in it's 19th year. Look at the names that were inducted in the first year. They did take 15 people the first year, which is a lot. Kinser was inducted in 2005 - the 16th year and Swindell in 2006, the 17th year. I don't think Haudenchild is in yet. If Evans and Stefanik aren't in by the 16th or 17th year, than maybe you should get :mad:

RGeeProductions
09-04-2009, 11:06 PM
Jeff - This is the first class to be inducted. The sprint car hof is in it's 19th year. Look at the names that were inducted in the first year. They did take 15 people the first year, which is a lot. Kinser was inducted in 2005 - the 16th year and Swindell in 2006, the 17th year. I don't think Haudenchild is in yet. If Evans and Stefanik aren't in by the 16th or 17th year, than maybe you should get :mad:

I give you a HIGH 5 on that!!!!

kinserfan11
09-04-2009, 11:09 PM
Howie; Regee; I am not mad at all; just why NOT Stefanik? :cheers:

kinserfan11
09-04-2009, 11:10 PM

Haud ; I think is in this year:cheers:

RGeeProductions
09-04-2009, 11:19 PM
Howie; Regee; I am not mad at all; just why NOT Stefanik? :cheers:

kinserfan, I have been a Stefanik fan forever and I still am.....and I still think Evans should be nominated first....I think of it like Petty - Earnhardt, since Earhardt was 'Modern Era', Petty should get first nomination....and as my buddy said so nicely....This is the first class to be inducted.
And, I gave Howie a High 5 because he gave a very good answer to your question!!!!

kinserfan11
09-04-2009, 11:26 PM
ReGee; thats okay i agree with you :cheers:

night gent
09-05-2009, 12:33 AM
It's unfortunate that the initial class is limited to 5. If it was 10 or a dozen, Evans would get in but it looks like "the king", Earnhardt, Big Bill France, Bill jr., and one of the pioneers: Tim Flock, Red Byron, Or Junior Johnson will be the five nominee's. Richie Evans should definitely be in by year 2 or 3.

rapidroman
09-16-2009, 04:44 PM
the short video of richie, how do i get it? did you, or anyone tape it? i remember a file clip espn showed repeatedly of richie with the ford econoline towing the pinto on the beach. was it that one?

rapidroman
10-04-2009, 09:38 PM
the short video of richie, how do i get it? did you, or anyone tape it? i remember a file clip espn showed repeatedly of richie with the ford econoline towing the pinto on the beach. was it that one?

espn has the ford econoline tape, but here's the hof video:

http://www.nascar.com//video/cup/2009/07/17/cup.nhof.richieevans1.nascar/index.html