PDA

View Full Version : Thompson

limodmaniac
09-02-2009, 07:09 PM
Thompson is the place to be to see the Whelen Modifieds. Only the 2nd time at the track this year, so let's pack the place and show them how much we love the mods.

ModTourMan
09-02-2009, 07:18 PM
I agree with you limodmaniac. The racing at Thompson has always been great through the years...good tight racing and the high banks seem to keep the field close. I have many great memories of the Mods at Thompson.
Unfortunately, the rain date will keep me away...gotta work.

MJProcko
09-02-2009, 11:01 PM
You all need to join the LIM in the stands Thursday night or next year the Icebreaker will be reduced to 75 laps because there won't be enough TV cars left to finish 150. Although when there are so many cautions that cars run out of fuel the actual race could have been closer to 200 laps.

I gladly flew up for the Icebreaker this year but I won't fly up for that scenerio. So show up and show them how much you appreciate them especially after the great show put on at Bristol. I know that school started this week up there but the kids will love ya for it and be so excited that they will be out cols in the back seat on the way home.

Jaws
09-03-2009, 09:14 AM
I agree with you limodmaniac. The racing at Thompson has always been great through the years...good tight racing and the high banks seem to keep the field close. I have many great memories of the Mods at Thompson.
Unfortunately, the rain date will keep me away...gotta work.

I'm there with mod tour, I had a day off last month to get there but with the rain and and its rain date on a Thursday I can not go, have a safe trip to Thompson to everyone who is going.

ThE sHaDoW
09-03-2009, 02:59 PM
I'm there with mod tour, I had a day off last month to get there but with the rain and and its rain date on a Thursday I can not go, have a safe trip to LI and everyone else who is going.

same deal here, only a limited amount of days off.

BigMac
09-03-2009, 05:36 PM
Ditto for me. Took a day off to go Aug 13th. Had to work today

Modfan14
09-03-2009, 08:03 PM
I also had to work today and miss the action but from what i hear from a friend who's there the place is packed.

Jaws
09-03-2009, 09:08 PM
I also had to work today and miss the action but from what i hear from a friend who's there the place is packed.

Thursday before Labor day, great weather, 1st WMT race at THompson since wow, a long time glad to hear!