PDA

View Full Version : Turn 1 view

Ka$h25
09-06-2009, 10:38 AM
I ran into some family friends in the pit area Sunday who made it out to the track for the first time since they've had their second child two years ago. I asked them how they liked it and they said they sat in front of a rowdy crowd and the language wasn't great, but they laughed it off to having a good time. What they didn't laugh off was when the Modified feature winner stopped in front of their section and they had second row seats to a double middle finger into the grandstands.

Classyyyy.

Fat Albert
09-06-2009, 02:19 PM
WHAT? When did they start running Modifieds on Sunday?

W. J.
09-06-2009, 03:27 PM
Classy as the mob in the top row who loudly boo anyone they don't like? Not saying John is right, sad what he did, but maybe he was just responding (whether it was Saturday or Sunday, lol), or telling them they were #1!

shylock
09-06-2009, 03:29 PM
You know I was in the middle of 1 and 2 and I had seen him stop and gesture but wasn't sure what it was. Pretty low to do that. Not good for the sport or his sponsors.

It doesn't matter if the fans boo you. If you don't like being booed and you get your feelings hurt, maybe you should take up golf. Its a sport. People cheer for who they like and boo who they don't. Jeez if I gave the finger every time at work when somebody booed me, I would be out of work.

Fat Albert
09-06-2009, 06:37 PM
When they booed Al DeAngelo back in the day, he would blow them kisses. He had fun with it. He knew that they only boo the best drivers because they win too much!

str8up
09-06-2009, 08:25 PM
:disgusted:disgusted:disgusted:disgusted:disgusted

xX84 mod teamXx
09-07-2009, 11:32 AM
i just wanted to correct you all before this gets out of hand....he never gave them the middle finger in FACT he was pointing at them with a big smile and waving the flag ...do you honestly think that he would do that with all the little kids and people around...if you do then you obviously dont know john fortin very well.... he has more class then that. As for the haters who like to boo him, well it doesnt't work it just makes him drive harder and win more POINT PROVEN. So he would like to thank you for booing him you made his night. As for the people making the comments here stop making up all the rumors and garbage just to start trouble, seriously get a life and grow up already. you should congratulate him because you know he is a great driver and that he can drive the hell out of a race car, point proven all year and for all of the years hes been a racing. Most of you drama makers have never even been in a race car....you are watchers so keep on watching.....thats what your suppose to do. seriously get your facts straight before you say things that are not true just to cause more drama and try to make someone look bad....it really is disgusting and bad for racing.

Ka$h25
09-07-2009, 11:53 AM
I asked a couple guys in turn 1 who were probably the culprits of any cheering or jeering and they didn't see anything. But the people who told me were pretty sure it was two middle fingers.

xX84 mod teamXx
09-07-2009, 12:35 PM
well they were pretty wrong mmmm how would he drive wave the flag and oh boy give two middle fingers. seriously it doesnt take a brain surgeon to figure that out

LongIslandJam
09-07-2009, 12:48 PM
Well, before this gets out of hand - we got the Fortins point of view and we got the Turn 1's point of view, hopefully without their beer goggles on.

Either way, it's good to see a driver acknowledge the crowd and get a reaction from them (like the Al DeAngelo example). When the crowds become uninterested, that's when the grandstands start becoming empty.

With two points separating the top three into this weekend - let's hope for some more exciting racing on the final night for the Modifieds.