PDA

View Full Version : Under white line passing

LetItShine
09-06-2009, 08:35 PM
Question? :help: what is the rule for passing consistantly under the white Line. :help: And what ever it maybe why is it not enforced.:confused:

PIT BULL
09-08-2009, 07:30 AM
Its like some guys use it like an HOV lane.On the white is one thing but under it is like running a different race.

intruder400ex
09-08-2009, 05:02 PM
been racin since early 90s and at times it seems like its favoritism its ok for some and ive seen others DQ

LetItShine
09-08-2009, 09:57 PM
The reson i ask is because I watched the leader of one the races start the race and by the time he made it out of turn 2 he was under the white line down the back streatch and entered turn 3 under the bumps by the time he made it out of 4 still under the bumps he had passed at lest 30 cars. :confused: i dont feel its fair for the other drivers as this is happening i remeber years ago people used to be black flagged for driving under the line.

Pizzo82
09-08-2009, 11:06 PM
been racin since early 90s and at times it seems like its favoritism its ok for some and ive seen others DQ

i agree this year alot of winning drivers are doing it and not getting DQed but i guess its who you know just like everything else at riverhead

SuperShafts
09-09-2009, 07:23 PM
Maybe, if a group of you got together and made a serious complaint, and the track seen it as it's not one whinner...

Let me know i would be happy to help you.

Fair racing, makes better racing...

ex04bb
09-09-2009, 10:24 PM
I couldn't agree more.I started racing enduros in 96 and when we had a 100 plus cars in every race it wasn't tolerated unless the track was absolutely blocked .Now with 50-60 cars if you want to keep up with everyone you have to do it,it sucks.It's doesn't even feel like racing when you have to constantly dip below the white line to keep up.and if you try to race some of the guys and get behind a few slow cars the guy your racing goes under the line for no other reason than it's easy to gain a few positions that way,in my opinion something has to be done and I think it will make for alot better racing for not only the fans but definitely the drivers.Maybe at the enduro meeting everyone can bring it up,but maybe some guys don't want it changed.

Ka$h25
09-09-2009, 11:34 PM
There isn't much you can do but ask for them to pay closer attention. Once they paved the area below the bumps in 3/4 they were inviting this situation. The figure-8's have had similar issues with guys cutting the corner short. The only thing I could think of that might deter guys from doing it is a very, very stiff penalty. A 30 second penalty would make guys think twice about going down there even if there was no where to go.

woot lawrence
09-10-2009, 08:06 AM
how about some big tractor tires lining the corner?

ex04bb
09-10-2009, 08:11 AM
They used to hold you for two laps if you got caught.Also I'm sure some guys remember when they tried lining the corners with big tires.it got real dangerous real quick.Those tires were rolling around the track the whole race,wasn't cool coming off a turn and getting slammmed in the drivers door with a tire that was half the size of your car.Penalties that are enforced are the only way to go.With the car counts down it's pretty easy to see who is doing it.