PDA

View Full Version : Last time trial event of the year

bulldozer
09-10-2009, 01:42 PM
I think the last time trial event of the year should be where ever you time is where you start in every division.Just the last one of the year.Let the other ones be the way they are, picking out of the hat. I wouldnt want what happened to Chuck S in the mods this week happen to me.A double point event he times 1st and starts 6th. I think that is the farest way to end a season. You start where you deserve to start.Not how lucky you get picking out of the hat. Especially when the points are so close. I would hate to loose to a guy by 2 points after i time first he times 5th and starts ahead of me and beats me.Just my opinion.

chevycraft
09-10-2009, 02:28 PM
I agree a championship season should not be decided over the pick out of a hat for a starting position.

Golf Guy
09-10-2009, 02:50 PM
I also agree.

Ka$h25
09-10-2009, 02:54 PM
I never understood the point of re-picking. Time trials are a once in a while occasion to let the fastest cars start where they time, so let them start where they time. I would rather see a completely random pick of the hat race than a TT and then top 6 re-pick.

RacinRob
09-10-2009, 03:19 PM
I think its more fun to watch and better for the fans to re draw....the fast cars usually run away with the show when they don't re draw....I do see the point of view though chris....you make a lot of sense, however if it weren't a time trial show you would start farther back anyway. I would def hate to be the guy that drew 6th on the redraw, donny lia redrew 9th on the redraw at thompson last week after timing first...rough

310fig8
09-10-2009, 03:52 PM
Donnie Lia also won that race at Thompson.

RacinRob
09-10-2009, 04:04 PM
I know and put on one heck of a show!

FERGBIZZ
09-10-2009, 04:04 PM
Thompson ain't Riverhead....I agree, whats the point in the redraw? It baffles me.

Turbo
09-10-2009, 04:53 PM
at a short track its a world of difference where you start. Just ask Ryan Preece, who started from no other than the pole and walked the dog at the riverhead tour race. He also did have fast time and lucky enough to draw the pole. Again it would be beneficial to the drivers to earn their spots and start there. Not one guy will always be fastest time.. as we already seen in the past year.

sobe
09-10-2009, 05:38 PM
at a short track its a world of difference where you start. Just ask Ryan Preece, who started from no other than the pole and walked the dog at the riverhead tour race. He also did have fast time and lucky enough to draw the pole. Again it would be beneficial to the drivers to earn their spots and start there. Not one guy will always be fastest time.. as we already seen in the past year.

there was no redraw at the riverhead tour show

W. J.
09-10-2009, 05:41 PM
At last January's meetings, it was announced that, "This year, all time trial shows will start straight up." So what ever happened to that???

sobe
09-10-2009, 05:42 PM
At last January's meetings, it was announced that, "This year, all time trial shows will start straight up." So what ever happened to that???

that was the year before

RACENUT
09-10-2009, 06:48 PM
I think starting the fastest car on the pole makes for a boriing race. If chris starts first the race is all over, at least with a redraw you will see a little passing . I dont know know why chris is worried about not strarting on the pole, the worst he will start is 6th and i know he can handle that with no problem.

bulldozer
09-10-2009, 10:16 PM
This post wasnt for me. I put this for what i saw in the mods. What if i was only up 2 points going into the last race i start 6th my dad first when he times 6th.He wins i get 3rd.Doesnt seem fair to me. Im just saying in the Last time trial points race not the other 2. I dont care if you think it looks boring its for the racers who bust there asses getting there car the best they can and time first and start 6th. Not boring if you time there you deserve to start there.I love coming from the back.But 1 time a year im asking for them to try something different 1 out of 15. Just my thought on how it should be.But everyone has there own opinion. I dont think your whole year should be decided by a lucky pick of the hat. I think your season should be decided on how well you got your car that race.If its 1st in time then you deserve first plain and simple.

Turbo
09-10-2009, 10:36 PM
81 only got the pole 1 out of the 3 nights. First night i believe the 8 had fast time and the last event the 17x was fast time so its not like its a given he will be on the pole. But its something to work towards if it is start where you time.
If you want to see boring, check out the modified race. Only passing is on restarts and they race every week. Hope they change something for next year so they get more exciting like they use to be.