PDA

View Full Version : Time To Vote For the Modifieds

SUfan
09-10-2009, 03:30 PM
NHMS has a poll where you can vote for the race you are most looking forward to. Go to: www.nhms.com to vote for the Modifieds and the New Hampshire 100.

limodmaniac
09-10-2009, 04:00 PM
I voted ! And I hear Jon Mcennedy will be in Art Barry's 21 at Loudon. Great choice!

catfish
09-10-2009, 07:29 PM
Barrys 21 or a 2nd car?

SUfan
09-11-2009, 04:21 AM
Here is the Art Barry/McKennedy Announcement-

FOR IMMEDIATE RELEASE September 9,2009

JON MCKENNEDY TO RACE AT NHMS WITH ART BARRY AND LATICRETE

PRESTON, CT- When the NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour returns to the New Hampshire Motor Speedway for a 100-lap event on September 19, there will be a potent new owner/driver combination in the field for this prestigious event.
Jon McKennedy, of Chelmsford, Mass., has teamed with legendary Hall of Fame Car Owner Art Barry, from the state of Connecticut in a one-race deal, aided by sponsorship from LATICRETE International, Inc., of nearby Bethany, Connecticut.
“I was thrilled when Art asked me to run his car,” stated McKennedy. “He is a well respected man in Modified racing. It’s a great car and a good group of people. I have to thank Art, LATICRETE and all of the people who made this possible.
“This is a big opportunity for me. I hope everything works out well. I’m really excited to drive his car at New Hampshire.”
The car McKennedy will be driving is a brand new SPAFCO Chassis built by Art and Ken Barry, who have been building race cars for Modified entrants across New England and beyond for many years. Their cars have won numerous races and multiple series championships across New England, including two victories at NHMS with Mike Ewanitsko behind the wheel.
Barry confirmed that his son Ken will be the crew chief for this effort, and that nearly
all of the same team members from those NHMS victories will be returning as well.
McKennedy, at the age of 22, is an up and coming driver in the pavement Modified division. He is the current point leader in the True Value Modified Racing Series, a Modified touring series that competes with a 15-race schedule at nine different New England tracks. He has four victories and six top three finishes in 12 races run so far in 2009 with that series.
McKennedy already has many other racing accomplishments in everything from go-carts to Supermodifieds in his young career.
LATICRETE has been the worldwide leader in the manufacturing and distribution of installation systems for ceramic tile and stone used in residential, commercial and industrial applications for over 50 years. For more information log onto their website at: www.laticrete.com.
Barry added, “I have been watching Jon for a while now, and he has impressed me both as a racer and as a person. He is very hands-on with preparation and setup of his car, and I feel that both he and LATICRETE will be a good fit for our race team in this event.”
With the combined effort of the young and talented Jon McKennedy, and the veteran leadership of car owner Art Barry, the SPAFCO Chassis, LATICRETE Sponsored Modified should be a driver to watch in this much anticipated NASCAR Whelen Modified Tour event at the New Hampshire Motor Speedway on September 19.

TJ1976
09-11-2009, 06:09 AM
I made my vote for the Modifieds even though ive never been to NHMS. Hopefully we can have enough votes here where Bruton Smith will keep the mods at New Hampshire for many more years to come

catfish
09-11-2009, 09:09 AM
So i read this to mean a team car to Savary and the 21

MOD11RACER
09-11-2009, 03:12 PM
The 21 Savary Modified is owned by Richard Savary not Art Barry. Art helps out on the car but does not own it. The Modified that Jon McKennedy will drive is owned by Art Barry and will be have Ken Barry as its crew chief. They are not team cars.

worm
09-11-2009, 03:43 PM
by nascar ,art owns the 21

mod4r6fan
09-11-2009, 08:11 PM
my votes in mods leading the votes which isnt surprising in new england I have 2 tixs for sunday and not going anyone interested

stoningtonmodmania
09-12-2009, 07:59 PM
no not 4 sunday made my votemods up by 6% over cup so far keep the votes goin