PDA

View Full Version : It has been 5 years....Lou Cady

RGeeProductions
09-11-2009, 09:57 AM
Time has a way with life and 5 years have passed since we lost a wonderful man, Lou Cady.
Please keep Lou in your thoughts today.
I, unfortunately, never had the chance to meet Lou personally, but did have many email conversations with him, well before Mod Series Scene started. Just from those emails, Lou touched my life.
Please, let's have a few posts here, on any moment in your life, that you can remember about Lou.
You are missed by many Lou.....God Bless You...

Howie
09-11-2009, 10:32 AM
9-11-01 was a sad day for all of us, our thoughts and prayers are with the friends and families of people we lost that day and those we have lost at war since.

9-11-04 was a sad day for the modified community when we lost Lou. Thanks to Lou and his vision for starting a place for us to chat about modified racing on the internet. Updates that evolved from a call to him with results to Walt and Vicki doing live updates via cell phone to the CoveritLive that Denise does so well now. A single place to go and find modified news from all over on the front page that Richie works so hard to keep updated. Lou was a great guy and is missed very much. Thanks to every one that has helped keep the memory of Lou alive.

Precision Auto
09-11-2009, 10:56 AM
I don't think that either Norm nor I could come up with words better than Howie and Richie..........

Our thoughts and prayers are with all we have lost that day.

Linda and Norm Case

Jaws
09-11-2009, 12:02 PM
I never met Lou but every year I thank him for the great friends I have met through MSS and the Chrome Horn.

Thank You Lou

JED
09-11-2009, 02:52 PM
9/11 is truly a sad day as Howie so well stated.

Without Lou and his encouragement I would not be doing photos today. Thanks Lou.
Though he would be saddened by MSS being inactive I think he would be very pleased to see the teamwork that is The Chrome Horn working to carry on this vision.

Jim

Goldy
09-11-2009, 03:42 PM
Might have been around 2001/2002, not sure – Lou and I had exchanged emails leading up to Saturday of a Sizzler weekend – we planned on meeting in the turn 4 seats as they were lower to the ground, Lou didn’t like to venture up too high – so we stayed close to the ground.

It was a beautiful day to watch Modifieds circle the track for time trials (yes, there is such a thing) – our topic of conversation naturally shifted to heats vs. time trials – I recall Lou being in favor of heats but nonetheless, we sat, chatted Mods, Web sites, MSS ideas, the mighty message board; Charlie Pasteryak, Rick Fuller & Audrey Stevens being drivers of deeper discussion I recall – all this over some frosty Buds and smokes (I was still smoking then)..

As we wrapped up the afternoon with a handshake and a nod, we headed our solo ways fully knowing we’d be exchanging emails, messages and bumping into each other again.. and we did..

:cheers: - here's to you Lou.

ModTourMan
09-11-2009, 08:32 PM
Thanks again Lou!