PDA

View Full Version : Chargers Legal To run in the street stock nelma race

bulldozer
09-17-2009, 07:46 PM
J a has sent me some rules for the nelma. . Chargers will be legal for the Street Stock race, however, they must meet the following criteria:
* 3,350 lbs.
* 5" ride height
* 56% max left-side weight
* Track Tire - Hoosier 980
* And, of course, the rest of Riverhead's rulebook will be enforced.

So who else is thinking of going.I am ,probobly my dad,89x anyone else

DODGE99
09-18-2009, 11:58 AM
haha we might have to lower our ride height to meet the 5 inches!!!

00 is plannin on going if all goes well. :cheers:

figure849
09-27-2009, 06:37 PM
how about figure 8 cars, I know a few figure 8 cars that would like to know what changes they would need to make to run with the street stocks,
can they add headers?
if they went down to 8'' could they use wide 5?
ride height ?
left side and total weight?

Jaws
09-27-2009, 08:10 PM
how about figure 8 cars, I know a few figure 8 cars that would like to know what changes they would need to make to run with the street stocks,
can they add headers?
if they went down to 8'' could they use wide 5?
ride height ?
left side and total weight?

Contact JA he could answer best. jackley@nelmaracing.com

bulldozer
09-27-2009, 08:33 PM
Be pretty tough with figure eights having tube chassis ,quick change, wide fives,coil overs. Most of the stuff a late model has. Besides the big motor of course.

figure849
09-28-2009, 06:56 PM
all the things you listed all we have is the wide 5 and coil overs in the rear

CSLMOTORSPORTS
10-06-2009, 06:38 PM
I personally dont think the chargers should be allowed to run with the street stocks. All of the charger guys were complaining about how they would be outclassed if they were made to run with the late models but now you wanna out class the street stocks at their home track? How do you expect us to run with the chargers? So what they gotta add weight and raise their ride height, they are allowed so much more then us that they can make up for it by making a few simple changes. They have a 3 link rear suspension, a panhard bar, adjustable shocks, after market bolt on suspension parts at every corner of the car, altered upper and lower control arm mounting locations, floater rears, a true 10:1 motor, and the motor can beset back . How are any of us supposed to keep up with those guys? We should just all stay home, most of us wont make the show anyway since most of the chargers will probably be there, and those of us that do make the show have no shot of winning. And as for the figure 8's running too, if bub has a problem with it your really not gonna like what i have to say. I think its great to have big races and all but dont call it a street stock race and run chargers with us, give them their own seperate show and actually give us street stock guys a chance to put on a show like we have been doing all season long. I may not be speaking for myself since we do have a charger car capable of running with those guys, but even then i still lose, i have a 9:1 motor compared to their 10:1 motors. Chargers are chargers and street stocks are street stocks, dont try to combine them, its the same as running late models and chargers or tour mods and sport mods, it just wont work smoothly.

CJ Lehmann

LongIslandJam
10-06-2009, 07:10 PM
Late Models and Chargers are off by a little under a second at Riverhead, which is a smaller track.

Late Models and Street Stocks are about off by a second at Sundance.

They're closer than they appear. The biggest problem I see in my travels to racetracks around the country is there are too many divisions that are very much alike, despite their differences on paper. We run real races at NELMA, not heats for features.

PS - Our NELMA late models are a conglomeration of many different rules, yet everyone has a fair shot.

bulldozer
10-06-2009, 10:38 PM
I hear what you are saying cj but this isnt just a mountain race its a nelma street stock race.We are street stocks.We dont have camaro clips.I think you guys do.We have to weigh what 250 to 350 pounds more than you guys. Thats Huge.Its finally a race where us charger guys can run. maybe we will be faster but it is 50 laps and we have to last 50 laps and if you guys got the setup up then it should be a fun race. I guess its like the poconos of old where there were so many different cars from different tracks trying to win.Where buzzy use to walk away with it but it didnt stop everyone from racing and having a good time. I hope all your street stocks show up and we have a great race. Remember its just once a year. 81

SS123
10-06-2009, 10:47 PM
i agree with CJ 100%... this is supposed to be a Street Stock race! and lets face it the chargers are a little to far advanced for this class. all your doing is taking away spots for "legal" street stocks! you might as well let the late models run with us too as long as they add 150lbs or lead and buy tires :mad::mad:

P.S. remember a few years back a red 24 charger car came to run with the street stocks???? he was told he HAD to run with the LATE MODELS !:disgusted:disgusted:disgusted

J.a. you might wanna also add the NO RADIOS OR MIRRORS for your charger drivers! :cool:

CSLMOTORSPORTS
10-06-2009, 11:41 PM
Chris i understand that we may be allowed to run camaro clips, but all of our mounting points are stock, well atleast they are SUPPOSED to be, not sure how many people besides us that actually follow that rule, but charger cars are so far advanced these days that making you guys raise the ride height an inch and throwing some lead in it shouldnt be much of a problem. We still are out classed in ways. i dont know what the left side percent rule is for a charger anymore but 56% for this show is still the same as us street stock guys who dont have all the bells and whistles that a charger has. No matter what the rules are ill be there, i just hope we have something for the likes of the Cranberry kid and Furrdogg.

J.A. if i put my 9:1 street stock motor into my riverhead charger car do i still have to weigh as much as the chargers?

jm31
10-07-2009, 07:01 AM
Hey CJ, just put my motor in the Charger car. Weight? Remember my car is not only a leaf spring car, but has a fabricated rear clip AND a 10:1 motor, so all year I have been at 3300 lbs with only 54% left side weight. How much do the Chargers have to weigh?

LongIslandJam
10-07-2009, 02:33 PM
SS123 - that's correct - since traditionally Street Stocks run without mirrors or radios, that applies for the Chargers, too. One-way radios are mandatory. We'll release a technical bulletin on that tonight.

CSLMOTORSPORTS - I'll be at King of the Mountain this weekend. Let's talk then.

DODGE99
10-07-2009, 04:53 PM
200 pounds is alot of weight.

W. J.
10-07-2009, 06:26 PM
200 pounds is alot of weight.Install a passenger seat; bring a big friend for the ride.

(Just kidding) :lol:

bulldozer
10-07-2009, 11:51 PM
plain and simple we are just running by the nelma rules. No radios no mirrors no problem. Honestly bring out any car you have with 8 inch tires , a metric clip and a 108 inch wheel base. I have run at lee with there street stocks the last 5 years and my best finish was fifth. So before you all cry lets just race. Again its once a year if you dont like the rules then dont race.Its suppose to be a race where different cars from different tracks can race and put on a good show. See you there in 2 weeks.:-)

quickmc73
10-08-2009, 12:26 AM
trying to find out if there is going to be open practice friday the 23 6-9 pm.

DODGE99
10-08-2009, 12:03 PM
well put bub. :cheers:

Jaws
10-08-2009, 05:30 PM
plain and simple we are just running by the nelma rules. No radios no mirrors no problem. Honestly bring out any car you have with 8 inch tires , a metric clip and a 108 inch wheel base. I have run at lee with there street stocks the last 5 years and my best finish was fifth. So before you all cry lets just race. Again its once a year if you dont like the rules then dont race.Its suppose to be a race where different cars from different tracks can race and put on a good show. See you there in 2 weeks.:-)

So far it looks like most of the pre-registered cars are from Riverhead anyway.

smiley27414
10-09-2009, 08:45 AM
go get umm bub ill be there cheerin for u !!!!!!!!!!!!

rydogg97
10-09-2009, 09:32 PM
this post is what makes chris a champion and a good racer!! hes not afraid of competion and has complete confidence in his equipment and his ability. chris i wish you all the best at nelma:cheers:

fisherman
10-10-2009, 12:41 PM
so is fig8 car legal to run in this race

SS123
10-13-2009, 08:43 PM
J.A. was curious on what the qualification's are to be eligable for a past champions provisional!?!?! anyone with a car legal to run with "NELMA" that won a championship at any track in the U.S.A. can use a provisional?? :help::rolleyes:

figure849
10-13-2009, 09:22 PM
If that is true, would Roger Maynor be able to use a champions provisional in the Late model race ?

LongIslandJam
10-14-2009, 06:55 PM
To be eligible for a provisional, you must meet the following criteria:

Late Models
* Past NELMA Late Model Challenge winners
* Track champions or series champions of recognized late model divisions, who ran a complete season (i.e. no mini-series).

Legends Cars
* Past NELMA Legends Car Fall Classic winners
* Track champions or series champions, who ran a complete season (i.e. no mini-series).

Street Stocks
* Track champions or series champions of recognized street stock divisions, who ran a complete season (i.e. no mini-series).

Artie - Figure 8s are not a recognized late model division.