PDA

View Full Version : Joey Logano first driver into the 5th Annual Lucas Oil Geoff Bodine Bobsled Challenge

Walt
09-18-2009, 10:06 PM
Joey Logano first driver into the 5th Annual Lucas Oil Geoff Bodine Bobsled Challenge presented by Whelen Engineering

LAKE PLACID, N.Y. -- Joey Logano, driver of the No. 20 Home Depot Toyota in the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series announced today, Wednesday, Sept. 16, that he will again compete in the 5th Annual Lucas Oil Geoff Bodine Bobsled Challenge presented by Whelen Engineering to be staged in Lake Placid, N.Y. January 8-10, 2010.

The Bodine Bobsled Challenge features NASCAR and NHRA drivers piloting specially-made bobsleds down Lake Placid’s infamous track in two different races geared to raise money for the Bo-Dyn Bobsled Project.

Geoff Bodine, 1986 winner of the Daytona 500, teamed with Chassis Dynamics in 1992 to form The Bo-Dyn Bobsled Project which builds American-made bobsleds for United States athletes. The sleds have been a tremendous success at all levels of competition, including World Cup, World Championships and Olympic competitions, where the United States consistently finds itself on medal podiums. During the 2002 Salt Lake City Olympic Winter Games, the U.S. squad mined gold, silver and bronze medals and broke an Olympic podium drought that dated back 46 years. Just four years later, in Torino, Italy, Team USA won more Olympic hardware… this time silver,

Just last season, Steve Holcomb guided his 4-man team to a world championship gold medal, marking the first time a U.S. sled had won a world championship Gold medal since 1959. That finish has also placed Holcomb and his crew as one of the favorites to win an Olympic medal at the 2010 Winter Games this February in Vancouver, Canada.

"I am really excited to get back up to Lake Placid again this year to support the Bo-Dyn bobsled event,” said Logano. “Driving bobsleds is one of the most fun and exciting things I’ve ever done,” It makes me feel great to support such a patriotic event, especially with this being an Olympic year. Hopefully we can help the USA men’s team with winning an Olympic Gold in bobsledding this year for the first time since 1948”.

Logano will compete for the third time in the Challenge and last year he almost won Race-One, finishing second to Todd Bodine.

SPEED Channel will again televise four hours of the Bobsled Challenge. Monies raised from the Bodine Bobsled Challenge go directly to this project.

Fan packages, interactive offerings and event merchandise for the 5th Annual Lucas Oil Geoff Bodine Bobsled Challenge may be purchased online at www.bodynbobsled.com. Or go to www.lakeplacid.com for reservations.

What Daytona is to auto racing, Lake Placid is to bobsledding.

Special thanks to Jon Lundin, LakePlacid.com

Joey Logano interviewed by Ray Dunlap at WHELEN Bodine Bobsled Challenge last January. (Newk7ny Photo)

Walt
09-20-2009, 08:35 AM
Read more here (http://getyourraceon.blogspot.com/2009/09/joey-logano-steps-up-for-challenge.html)

Walt
09-21-2009, 06:22 AM
Here is an image I've been trying to post:

Special Thanks to John Morgan