PDA

View Full Version : Congrats to Ronnie Silk

RGeeProductions
09-19-2009, 02:23 PM
Great job by Ronnie Silk in the TS Haulers #6. Team work & driving abilities all made for a great run.
Fantastic race, less accidents, but the front runners made the show a SHOW!!! No other division there will top the leader changes the mods had.

ThE sHaDoW
09-20-2009, 12:36 PM
how many of the first 50 laps were green? 12? 13?

RGeeProductions
09-20-2009, 01:16 PM
What does that have to do with congrats to Silk???

klc
09-20-2009, 07:59 PM
Team work & driving abilities all made for a great run.

Thanks Richie! You hit the nail on the head there. Congrats and thanks to Eddie, Tommy and the whole TS crew. They worked really hard to bring not one, but two awesome cars to the track.:applause:

Jaws
09-20-2009, 08:41 PM
Ronnie was strong all day, great job Mr. Silk.

ThE sHaDoW
09-20-2009, 09:48 PM
What does that have to do with congrats to Silk???

that was in reply to the fantastic race comments you posted. if I was a paying fan I would be pissed.

Howie
09-20-2009, 10:12 PM
I'm still so disappointed that every race I go to isn't the best race I ever saw. When they were racing it was good. Did I enjoy all the cautions? Heck no - but I still offer that it was still the best race of the weekend, and 49 laps of fantastic racing. I enjoyed the race and I am perfectly satisfied. Congratulations Ronnie and crew, fantastic job.

chrome horn
09-20-2009, 10:15 PM
I'm still so disappointed that every race I go to isn't the best race I ever saw. When they were racing it was good. Did I enjoy all the cautions? Heck no - but I still offer that it was still the best race of the weekend, and 49 laps of fantastic racing. I enjoyed the race and I am perfectly satisfied. Congratulations Ronnie and crew, fantastic job.
Agreed. :cheers:

Jaws
09-20-2009, 10:16 PM

Well said, was it the best, none ever are but was I happy to see the best race of the weekend at a great track with great friends...... hell yes.

Sicklajoie
09-20-2009, 10:22 PM
Absolutely.

Camper Lady
09-21-2009, 08:53 AM
Congrats Ronnie a GREAT job :applause::applause::applause:

Brady Bunch racing

Axel
09-21-2009, 09:10 AM
I finaklly watched the race last nite after the Giants game. That was a gutsy move by Silk at the end. Great job by all!

11skmod
09-21-2009, 10:51 AM
Ronnie did a great job and you got to congradulate Reggie for giving him room cause if he didnt there woulda been a mess.Reggie said it was either wreck or take what he could.2nd was the best place to be on the last lap just like @ daytona drafting.Also we couldnt keep the car on the bottom as we didnt take tires We needed a good run.

night gent
09-21-2009, 11:23 AM
Cmon guys lets not get out of hand. I'm a big modifieds fan myself but they are not all great races. The first 60 or so laps were caution filled and tedious. The ending was exciting but endings themselves dont make the entire race, "great". I've been to many races, short track and sprint cup races where the ending fogged many people's vision of the entire race and this was certainly one of them! Caution filled races are not "great" in my book!

Howie
09-21-2009, 12:31 PM
Cmon guys lets not get out of hand. I'm a big modifieds fan myself but they are not all great races. The first 60 or so laps were caution filled and tedious. The ending was exciting but endings themselves dont make the entire race, "great". I've been to many races, short track and sprint cup races where the ending fogged many people's vision of the entire race and this was certainly one of them! Caution filled races are not "great" in my book!

I don't think anyone said it was a "great" race - the racing was "great" when they were racing. All the cautions did suck. One of them was caused by a car that one of the people complaining about cautions on here is a crewman on, he didn't like the cautions either. I've said it before "every race I go to isn't the best race I ever saw." I may never see the best race I ever saw again but I sure am going to enjoy every one of the next races I see, even if the cautions are agonizing.

BTW - the title of this thread is still Congrats to Ronnie Silk. If you are going to b!tch about the race, maybe you could at least add that at the end of your posts.

MJProcko
09-21-2009, 01:17 PM
I finally got to watch the race at 2am Sat. night. the last 20 laps or so I was jumping around the living room as I thought the Reg was going to pull it off. Coming off turn 2 on the last lap I was yelling at the spotter to tell him to go as low he could as I saw Silk getting the run off of the turn. The dog thought I was nuts...

Silk should thank Reggie for not continuing the block down the back stretch when Silk got a wheel under him and for giving him the space as Silk ran him up the track in 3 and 4. Alot of the other cars out there would have created a mess on the back stretch trying to keep that spot... alot of those cars.

Congrats to Silk and the TS Haulers guys. Rocco ran well also despite getting stuck behind the 3 at the begining of the race and worked his way back up before getting caught in one of the aftermath of the wrecks at the back of the pack. If they Make this a 2 car team for next year the TS guys will be in great shape.

night gent
09-21-2009, 01:32 PM
I congratulated Silk and Lia on a previous post. Again, I did think the final 30 or so laps were exciting. I was just commenting on some of the other posts that stated that it was a "great" race. I guess the true value mods at thompson was a classic as well!