PDA

View Full Version : Where is the outrage?

beb
09-20-2009, 08:51 AM
How is this board so quiet about Donny Lia's driving. If TC had started last and had wrecked half the field by lap 27 there would be a bazillion posts. What gives?

Rabbit504
09-20-2009, 09:25 AM
IMHO:
If you have a fast car and are making your way thru the field and come up on a slower car that is blocking you somethings going to give.
I hear some spotters on the radio telling their drivers "the bottom sucks drift out to the wall don't let him by". Some of the spotters never stop talking to their driver and let the driver drive the car.
Lap after lap after lap, 20 laps in.
To me that's not racing, but to some it is.
they deserve what they get.

Jaws
09-20-2009, 09:26 AM
How is this board so quiet about Donny Lia's driving. If TC had started last and had wrecked half the field by lap 27 there would be a bazillion posts. What gives?

Like they told Cole Trickle, go out and hit the pace car! Why? Because you hit everything else.

Racerjoe
09-20-2009, 10:11 AM
I agree Donny drove with "no" respect for any other drivers.

gmac19
09-20-2009, 11:26 AM
nascar didnt say anything..there the "experts" watchful eyes up there..they can speak up..i give him credit tho..car was on fire..two wrecks bent up car two laps down gets black flagged and comes back ...teddy has done that before ..what bout stafford when he hadda flat and they let him pit while they were about to go green and he came back thru like an jack a**:wave:

WMT10
09-20-2009, 05:29 PM
Rabbit
Your buddy James was doing that same move,ended up talking out a few good cars at the end if I recall

Bobby1717
09-20-2009, 08:56 PM
I'm curious,

I heard the same thing but I was watching it on tv and I do not recall seeing anything. I asked people who were at the race and they didn't remember him causing an incident.

11skmod
09-21-2009, 08:56 AM
Nascar put Flemke down 2 laps for bringing out the caution and he had a RR flat??? I guess the 4 didnt cause the yellows :rolleyes:

Goldy
09-21-2009, 09:25 AM
From this couch observers view -

Lia had the car - no doubt - his 3 wide move down low in turn one was aggressive and lost it, yes he was correcting it and probably would have saved it - but was tapped from behind and caused that mess that took out some cars..

I've been very impressed with the Mystic Missiles speed, that car is hooked up - I've also taken notice of Lia's drive and determination - Bristol, Thompson (self admitted dive bombs) and now NHIS - but just cause its the Mystic Missile, lets not use that car as a weapon..

I was waiting for NASCAR to issue some sort of warning/penalty for that move, but it never came..

Bugsy once said Teddy drove "like a spoiled brat"... let's hope that doesn't start to apply to Mr. Lia..

worm
09-21-2009, 09:45 AM
looks like he has 2 motors in that car.it goes by cars down the straight like they are standing still .

art11758
09-21-2009, 12:15 PM
I find it interesting that it's the same move that Lia complained about in the June race. I guess if it's good for the goose...... It still doesn't make it "right" though. JMHO :D

oleblue
09-21-2009, 08:07 PM
donny lia puts everyone under the bus, but he should take a look at himself. he is no saint

Flyin high
09-21-2009, 09:41 PM
Puts everyone under the bus?? Why does he need to take a look at himself??What are you trying to say? For all of those that were at Loudon, did you see all the cars going into turn one on the apron to try and pass other cars. There were certainly alot more cars than just Donny Lia pulling that move. I wont mention any drivers but if you were there and could see turn one, you would have noticed. So making a comment about going 3 wide could have pertained to many situations amongst a few drivers whether it was right or wrong. That 4 car is fast and he is coming on!

night gent
09-21-2009, 09:52 PM
I thought Donny did a great job at loudon. Coming from way back to finish second and keeping himself in the hunt should be applauded!

Howie Z
09-21-2009, 10:20 PM

So true, so true. But ol' Bob spent some money this weekend for that finish. Fire, run back to CT, fix, run back to NH, starts in the back wads the field & himself, on & on...

No penalties for rough riding though. You gotta respect that unbias attitude of the officials! :applause:

Sicklajoie
09-21-2009, 11:27 PM
After watching the whole race (finally), maybe the outrage needs to be directed towards Ed 'Where am I going?' Flemke for the WRECK he caused with his pitiful driving display. First he stops to cause a yellow, then spins all over the place and wrecks how many? Time to retire, and I don't mean put on new wheels.

TV coverage said he spun on his own but to me it looked like Civali got into him first.