PDA

View Full Version : Dam!!!!

mcstockcar
09-21-2009, 12:10 AM
Went to BDR today. Should have read their rules before i left the house otherwise i wouldnt have gone. Why cant all PA tracks have the same enduro rules....i.e-car equiptment. I had to cut my rear hoop supports to my rear frame because it wasnt allowed. The bars cant extend past the rear axle to the frame.I feel safer with more support in the car. If I got rear ended hard enuff,my car would fold up with out the extended bars and possibly rupture the fuel tank even with tank braceing. Then they want a PCV valve,? I changed to breathers. They say less oil fires. If its done rite, NO oil leaks, no fires. Had a good time there otherwise, track is nice, and fast. Id go back, but with a new car with updated changes for ALL tracks, oh by the way next year to run there youll need a full cage! I might as well build a street stock.

Poppop
09-21-2009, 05:35 AM
:help:I feel your pain Jack. When I decided to run the enduro a t GV I kept my nose in the rules for a week and still wasn't sure I had it all right but at least I had the chance to race if some little thing was wrong. Maybe if you build it like an erector set with color coded pieces for each track? Some of the Jeeps have bars that go over the back and attach right to the ends of the frame, but then they mostly don't run in a pack of cars like you do, but it works for roll overs. Guess I better take a sawzall and welder to Wall.:lol::lol:

miller78
09-21-2009, 01:03 PM
yea jack i think gv is the only track that will let ya run pipe out the back but in them g bodys u need that legging out the back or the fold right under aka my 3 car from 05 at mountain in the nascare race joe might have a pic of that one lol

Danger83Ranger
09-21-2009, 01:40 PM
I dont see why they dont allow the rear bars. it would make much more sense to have them than not have them.

critter
09-21-2009, 03:23 PM
this is why i only pit crew at bdr and race at grandview thx neets for keepin it real

CJfilms
09-21-2009, 07:34 PM
We don't fully allow rear bars.... No bars are allowed to re-inforce the rear bumper. For one reason, a good driver will be able to use the back end of his/her car to pop all the competition's radiators during red flags and even the start of the race if they know just what they are doing...

We don't prohibit rear bars either... In your case Jack, going by my memory, your rear bars are supporting the rest of the cage. We would never penalize a driver for over-protection.

However...we will be having a rules meeting in November. Such items as this, which are literally not addressed in our rulebooks, will be discussed. There will be many items that are in the grey areas, so we have plenty to go over....

richardpetey
09-21-2009, 08:24 PM
You guys are 100% correct, every track has their own stupid twist to a standard set of rules..........................:eek:
Then you have Lapdance, they make up their own enduro rules on the spur of the moment with no apparent rhyme or reason................:disgusted
At least, NEETS tries to welcome all enduro drivers and cars from different venues as witnessed by some of our winners this year........................:applause:
UNCLE PETEY.................:wave: :wave: :wave: :wave: :wave:

mcstockcar
09-21-2009, 09:07 PM
My bars go to the rear frame rails about 8-10" from the bumper. It keeps the main hoop sturdy and keeps the rear of my car from fold ing up or down. Their theory is that it allows the car to crumple up in the case of a major rear impact. I see there point but once the frame is that bent, the car is JUNK! Also my bars keep the other car and my bumper or sheetmetal from hopefully tearing open my fuel cell. If they want crumple zones , go buy a new car with them. I want my car tied together with what i have. Next year the new car will have some extra bars, expecially seeing a car roll over at BDR sunday and of course Grandveiw, the damage that can be avoided from an once of prevention.:)

tbirdracer
09-21-2009, 11:35 PM
at bdr they want you to put two bars off the main loop to the back, but it can not go past the back fire wall. jack on the bdr web page they show you that you can cage around your fuel cell to protect it. the reason they don't allow bars to the rear are so if someone hits real hard it will give. as you saw in sunday the 49 car flipped. this is his second time in two years. he walked away just soar because he runs a full cage. i know how you feel if you could almost build a street stock for what bdr wants for safety, but i will run a full cage next year or i won't drive. that is why bdr told everyone that next year you must have full cage. the rules for each track are different. as i told others, if you don't like the rules don't go. i hope people don't always put cost over safety. :wave:

mcstockcar
09-22-2009, 08:44 PM
I agree about the rollbar and saftey. Im going to put more bars in the car than i have this year.