PDA

View Full Version : Anyone else see this?

Hammerdown
09-21-2009, 08:59 AM
During the first wreck involving Lia on Saturday, the car that hit the outside wall broke the RF wheel, which then went airborne as the car slid along the wall. As the car came to a stop, the same wheel came back down and landed in the right side window? When it first happened, one of the announcers, I think it was Joy, said it was just folded up. But on the replays you can watch it sail through the air then land back inside the car.

Jill
09-21-2009, 11:22 AM
Yeah, I saw that! That car made a pretty good catch, catching it's own tire as it flew threw the air and the car slid down the wall. What are the chances of that happening?

JustRacin'
09-21-2009, 01:34 PM
The spindle and wheel assy. are now tethered to the chassis with a rope(kevlar,I believe) for just that reason. Maybe that kept it from getting to far away?

GM.
09-21-2009, 01:34 PM
I saw that as well, but upon closer inspection I believe that it was just the rubber tire, not the whole wheel including the rim that came off. I could be wrong on this though. If it was a tire and rim and still full of air it would have bounced off when it landed.

KickinAsphalt
09-21-2009, 02:13 PM
Flemkes LF was saved by the tether it looked like to me after Szegedys hit...

First one looked like a complete sheer off...

Either way no driver or fans were injured... Thank goodness for that !

Jaws
09-21-2009, 05:32 PM
I saw that as well, but upon closer inspection I believe that it was just the rubber tire, not the whole wheel including the rim that came off. I could be wrong on this though. If it was a tire and rim and still full of air it would have bounced off when it landed.

Oh no it was everything!

http://jaws17.zenfolio.com/p200024233/h2fce1fb9#h2fce1fb9

WMT10
09-21-2009, 05:43 PM
The tether looks like it is still attached to the car in the picture