PDA

View Full Version : Ted Christopher And Keith Rocco Each Earn Stafford Motor Speedway Suspensions

ShawnCourchesne
09-21-2009, 09:04 PM
Ted Christopher And Keith Rocco Each Earn Stafford Motor Speedway Suspensions For Actions Last Friday ( http://blogs.courant.com/autoracing/2009/09/ted-christopher-and-keith-rocc.html)

BigMac
09-21-2009, 10:16 PM
I've been trying to figure out how this hurts TC. Suspending both pretty much assures TC the title. He saves on a weeks worth of tires and gets a little time off to work on his banquet speech. Meanwhile, all the fans will end up going to Thompson on Thursday to see how this battle ends.

CynthiaTork
09-22-2009, 09:21 AM
You don't actually believe Jack Arute's Stafford Motor Speedway would actually punish the golden pioneer of Jack Arute's SK modifieds do you???

MJProcko
09-22-2009, 12:44 PM
If what Rocco did was so bad why not take the win away? Stafford has equated the TC bump when used by someone else (Rocco) to TC wrecking someone after the race. WWTD if Rocco blocked him in turn 3 of the last? TC's past says 50/50 Rocco is in the wall.

Stafford has cheated themselves really. The last regular race of the season and they suspend the 2 biggest draws at the track. Think of the crowd you would have drawn to see what they would do. And to keep them in line you could have used the treat of suspending them for the Fall Final. Having them come back for that race isn't going to increase the crowd any since everyone is there to see the Whelen Modified Tour anyways.

uticamike
09-22-2009, 08:09 PM
Ah that's good. Let the BS crashing and bashing go because it will sell tickets.
If that's the goal have the girls in the beer stand go topless. IT AINT RACING!!!. Who doesn't get that?

BigMac
09-23-2009, 09:26 AM
Don't get me wrong, I'm all for suspensions. I think the tour should have 1,2or 3 race suspensions based on the offense. What I'm saying here is this suspension helps TC. Maybe Stafford believes Keith is at fault and just suspended Teddy to avoid the turmoil from Keith's camp knowing the suspension wouldn't affect TC. If this was done over the course of the summer it would have had a much greater impact on the points.