PDA

View Full Version : What's this all about?

Sicklajoie
09-23-2009, 02:22 PM
2 race suspension?
http://localracing.nascar.com/node/3801

Axel
09-23-2009, 04:00 PM
not sure, but there was a post on this thread abt the same thing...

http://www.racerhub.com/forum/showthread.php?t=19574

modfan4ever
09-23-2009, 06:54 PM
I think Bobby got the shaft...Nascar could have worked with the team so he could raced.Bobby is a good driver..

Jaws
09-23-2009, 07:21 PM
They woreked on the car for 2 hours after blowing an engine, nice way to repay hard work.

holleratme
09-23-2009, 08:12 PM
Good Family that supports the tour.........Lets hope they can put this behind them and the 2010 is a lot better:wave:

gmac19
09-23-2009, 09:02 PM
NO BODY from nascar went up to him before the race while they were workin on the car and told them they cant race..and no one from his crew asked...both sides at fault..i feel bad for him hes had a real rough season and he works hard and loves racin!

worm
09-23-2009, 09:06 PM
did he ever make on the track to start race or parade lap

rumrunner
09-23-2009, 09:14 PM
Uhh Sooooo your not allowed to change engines? Is this 20 questions?

Sicklajoie
09-23-2009, 09:21 PM
did he ever make on the track to start race or parade lap
I was sitting in turn 1 and I saw him drive his backup car during parade laps out of one of the gates in the middle of 1 and 2 where the fire trucks are.

Jaws
09-23-2009, 10:39 PM
Uhh Sooooo your not allowed to change engines? Is this 20 questions?

They changed cars because the primary car blew an engine.

catfish
09-24-2009, 08:26 AM
And according to the article drove his backup car out as if to start the race after the car failed inspection. Barely full fields anywhere without the promise of more next year, and here is a guy who supports the tour fully and this is what he gets in the end, for Nascars sake I really hope there is more to the story.

Howie
09-24-2009, 08:34 AM
And according to the article drove his backup car out as if to start the race after the car failed inspection. Barely full fields anywhere without the promise of more next year, and here is a guy who supports the tour fully and this is what he gets in the end, for Nascars sake I really hope there is more to the story.

I don't think the backup car "failed inspection". I think the problem was they didn't have time to complete the inspection process, or weren't able to get it to inspection before it closed.

JustRacin'
09-24-2009, 09:26 AM
I believe the car must go through the inspection line even if things still are not quite right,then they have allowed a car to compete if the noted discrepancies are completed by race time,under the watch of a Nascar Inspector. I suspect they made the mistake of not even pushing it through the insp. line as all cars must do. You have to look at it from Nascars eyes, they cannot allow a car to compete on the track on your sayso that all is safe,legal etc without them even looking at the car...Must go through the line, (at least as I have seen it).

jeep4x486
09-25-2009, 08:17 AM
I think that this situation clearly sums up how nascar needs to take a different approach with the modifieds. They need to realize that they are not the Sprint Cup series or the Nationwide. They need to look at the bigger picture here that these teams spend a ton of money to support the series and really get treated poorly in return. I just look at how they dont listen to the veteran dirvers in suggestions about restarts etc. There is no give when it comees to nascar and its mostly just take. I think that not letting the 09 race at Loudon was penalty enough. Now you are taking away 2 races from an already short schedule (about 15% of the races). Could you imagine a cup driver getting suspended from 15% of the races for the season? That would be a 5 or 6 race suspension. I would think that the offense would have to be pretty bad for that to happen. Just think that nascar really has to put things in perspective here with what series they are dealing with and try to help out one of the series that is made up of REAL racers.

ThE sHaDoW
09-25-2009, 09:13 PM
what alot of people are missing here is simple. when we run at a track with the Cup series, their officials run roughshod over our officials. they dictate the the rules. I saw this first hand on the spotters tower. for the first time in 11 years I had to show an official my NASCAR license. this was nothing more than the mother ship making a call and the 09 had to take it. I know quite a few guys on that team, this is not a knock on them. they tried to do everything possible, but the Cup series officials made the call, and Chad had to hand it out.

kja819
09-26-2009, 08:52 AM
In regards to the inspection process. Shadow is correct "The show must go on" and on time no execptions.

jstar
09-27-2009, 09:29 AM
Here is my oppinion on all this NASCAR Modified Tour stuff. The Modifieds don't need NASCAR. The Modifieds have hard core fans. Just drop the NASCAR and lets go racing New England Style. Plain and simple!!

Jaws
09-27-2009, 12:44 PM
Here is my oppinion on all this NASCAR Modified Tour stuff. The Modifieds don't need NASCAR. The Modifieds have hard core fans. Just drop the NASCAR and lets go racing New England Style. Plain and simple!!

Here we go again, if it were that easy it would have been done already.

Starting a tour is not just snapping your fingers.

You need a pretty large group of officials and personel, the equipment they use every race, that costs money.

Also lets see you will have to replace 3 of the top paying races (NH and Bristol) with other tracks, thats right you leave Nascar and they leave you.

Then theres the reduced purses at Stafford and Thompson because Nascar no longer is in the picture so they can pay what they want. How about what the True Value or ROC pays? Not good.

SorryI don't love Nascar but I do think we need them.