PDA

View Full Version : Delange Racing looking ahead to a big finish

RGeeProductions
09-24-2009, 08:06 PM
The month of September is always important to Modified racers in the Northeast. Two of the biggest events of the year are annually on the schedule; the Race of Champions at Oswego Speedway and the US Open at Dunn Tire Raceway Park. At DeLange Racing hopes were high for a pair of high-quality finishes, but unfortunately unexpected problems with the #45 Modified sidetracked our plans to meet in Victory Lane. But the team is using the disappointment to drive them to a strong rebound in the remaining battles we have planned.

After taking this week off, Eric Beers and the crew will be on the road traveling to his home state of Pennsylvania three times in October. On October 3 we will be at one of our favorite tracks, Mahoning Valley Speedway, to complete the remaining laps in Hand Three of the Modified 100 Poker Tournament that was interrupted by rain on July 25. Also on that date Hand Four will be played out. The following Sunday it's another trip south down Interstate 81 to Sundance Vacations Speedway in St. John's, Pennsylvania, for the 10th Annual King of the Mountain 100-lap race. Then the month will end with a final journey to Lehighton in the Keystone State for the final Poker Hand to crown the champion.

"Obviously we were disappointed with how things turned out at both Oswego and Dunn Tire Raceway Park," states Dave DeLange. "But these were mechanical failures that were beyond our control. Our crew does an outstanding job preparing a car capable of winning at each race, but you can't predict when a part is going to fail. No one on this team is going to give up as long as we're still racing. We still have four weekends left on our 2009 schedule and we're fully capable of winning each race."

The driver is in full agreement with the words of his car owner. "We've still got a lot of racing left on our 2009 calendar," says Eric. "I'm not ready to stop yet. I've only won one race this year. My goal coming into the season was to win at least five races and we've still got about seven left on our schedule, so I can still accomplish my goal. I intend to make that happen."

Deal the cards; we've got the winning hand!

Bruce Boucher