PDA

View Full Version : NEETS Website

VARacer22
09-25-2009, 11:50 AM
I was just wondering what is going on with the website. I know everyone has real jobs and they are busy, but I know guys that would build a car to race but the information pages don't get updated that often so I think it deters them. If the info pages were updated as soon as the races are announced then that would give someone plenty of time to build a car or get their car ready. Also, by not seeing an accurate account of how many people are registered, it may keep some people from getting their cars ready or bringing them to the races because they don't feel it's worth it if no one is signed up. Please don't think I'm complaining because I'm not, I think everyone works really hard and does a great job, I'm just looking for solutions in how to grow car counts and bring more people to the track.

Erin C
09-25-2009, 11:58 AM
people wait until last minute to register ALWAYS and we try to get them to do it a little earlier...it wasn't updated the last few days because we are also trying to fix his dad's house up to be sold and we have been home only to eat and sleep really the last few weeks...I check my email and I just started getting registrations again 2 days ago...Joe planned for today to upload the last few days worth of registrations so PLEASE be patient. And in actuality, we are the only ones that use the list so it is not a determent, it is actually helpful since we normally have the higher car counts around the area.

I just ask to please be patient because I don't think anyone would want to do what we do...working all day, coming home to eat, going back out to work on a house that doesnt even belong to us, come home exhausted and in need of a shower, quickly check the forum for questions then crashing. I know you arent complaining and I know you dont know how busy we actually are but we juggle a lot on top of trying to keep everyone happy and try to keep things as up to date as we possibly can and that just isnt enough apparently...but we do try which is better than some places.

I am under a lot of stress right now as well from a very sick aunt of mine so please please please be patient...it makes our lives so much easier.

VARacer22
09-25-2009, 12:49 PM
I am sorry to hear about your Aunt and I wish her the best. I understand that people have lives and that you guys run this series in addition to what goes on in your regular life. I'm just trying to help grow the series anyway we can. I just brought up the issue because for example: the last race at Wall was in August. From August until the next race in October someone could have plenty of time to put a car together. But if they go to the info page to get more details, there isn't anything there and it's a dead link. Also having the schedule up for the day of the race helps people who haven't been to a NEETS race before understand the order of the days events. If you guys need help why not try reaching out to the racing community for volunteers. We all need to work together and help one another if NEETS is going to be successful.

Erin C
09-25-2009, 02:34 PM
I am not sure that Joe knew that was a dead link...I have sent him a bunch of registrations for that and he does have the page made, so when he uploads it he can still see it on his computer since that is where all the data is. He wouldn't know it was a dead link unless someone told him...I mean he could constantly update it and no one would know unless it was pointed out like this...he's actually had the page since August because he used the same page as last year with a few tweeks.

So...if anyone notices something wrong with the site PLEASE tell Joe so he can fix it to prevent these problems!

critter
09-25-2009, 11:02 PM
umm i think ever thing is workin fine i sign up for the next race right away , well then again it is me lol :lol:

Erin C
09-25-2009, 11:04 PM
she's talking about the next Wall Race's info page...

RocknRoll
09-25-2009, 11:38 PM
she's talking about the next Wall Race's info page...

...and she is also talking about the schedule link on the main NEETS page for the asphalt series.... the next two races aren't listed either.....

Erin C
09-26-2009, 12:21 AM
There is also a lot of info that has not been confirmed with Jim yet, he still has to give us times and let us know what will happen with the Mod event if it rains out.